Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by Miesque
I have a roundtrip first class flight from Dulles to Miami at the end of the month and while the lunch option coming back is decent (Roast Beef weap w/vegetable crudite or Chilled Chicken Sale w/pears, roasted beets, goat cheese - assume the later is the best option there), the 6AM morning flight to Miami is only listing one option Cereal with fruit or "Choose later." That just seems a tad disappointing. Is it too big an assumption to think there will also be some sort of danish available or should I just go ahead and pre-order the cereal?
Usually the breakfast is accompanied by fruit, and a bagel or muffin. You might as well "choose later" so that in the event they do offer a hot option you have some flexibility.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Usually the breakfast is accompanied by fruit, and a bagel or muffin. You might as well "choose later" so that in the event they do offer a hot option you have some flexibility.
Thanks! ^
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:03 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I am also offered only that crappy "choice" of cold cereal and fruit all the time on 3-1/2 hour flights from SMF-DFW. I now go to a wonderful bakery and get some delicious pastries to bring onboard. They make everyone else envious. On one flight, the F/A even heated them up for me.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Reassuring and good news that Basic Plus service is still being retained on some of the longer midcon routes ^

Originally Posted by WChou
AA 2403
ORD-SJC
738 SilverBird Exterior
7:15PM - 9:55PM (Sked)
7:11PM - 9:27PM (Actual)
November 27, 2013
PDB: None
Dinner
Buttonhole: Yes

Chicken Marsala or Butternut Squash Gnocci
Old Dec 2, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by bdemaria
It might just end up being the fruit plate, which is what happened the last time I had a short flight with Cereal as the only F option. Decent fruit plate, though. They always come with breakfast breads and the biscuit is way good enough for me to forgo any on-the-ground bakery.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On an upcoming breakfast flight I have a choice of the cereal, Belgian Waffles
With sea salted caramel, served with chicken apple sausage or Gruyčre and Fontina Cheese Omelette With mushrooms, accompanied by roasted red pepper potatoes and chicken apple sausage.

A waffle with sausage is a new concept for me but I'm open to new ideas. Searching the thread shows no one seems to have come across these menu choices, so any thoughts?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Has anyone had this dish: Bocconcini Pasta With creamy leek sauce ???
I've never seen this before and it's an option on my upcoming 763 JFK-MIA flight. I love anything with leeks in it so it sounds very tempting!

My other option is: Grilled Herb Chicken
Accompanied by lemon herb sauce, pearl barley and wheatberry rice pilaf, seasoned carrots and buttered sugar snap peas
Old Dec 2, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
A new midcon dinner option this month is a beef filet, similar to what is on trans-cons (but smaller).
Old Dec 3, 2013, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
I am also offered only that crappy "choice" of cold cereal and fruit all the time on 3-1/2 hour flights from SMF-DFW. I now go to a wonderful bakery and get some delicious pastries to bring onboard. They make everyone else envious. On one flight, the F/A even heated them up for me.
When I know when a flight wont have a "real" breakfast, I'll being something on board, and usually will get extra's for the FA's...
Old Dec 4, 2013, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Reassuring and good news that Basic Plus service is still being retained on some of the longer midcon routes ^
I thought this was already settled, but I'll throw in that DFW-SFO had Basic+
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Interesting meals

A very last minute trip to NYC, was surprised to see F had seats

Dec 3
Flt 1564
Seat 4F
Aircraft MD-80 with WiFi
Meal: breakfast

Cereal w/Fruit

Soy Bacon Quiche Lorraine w/asparagus and herb-crusted tomato.

I had the cereal, the Soy Bacon turned me off, seatmate had the Quiche, and said it had a "different" taste to it. I'm all about eating healthy, but soy bacon, that is just wrong....

Dec 3
Flt 366
Seat 4E
Aircraft MD-80 with WiFi
Meal: Snack

Chicken Curry Wrap w/ chilled couscous salad

Grilled Beef Salad

I had the Curry wrap, it was excellent, I could see this being made into a full entrée with the wrap was slightly bigger and a larger portion of the Couscous salad.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
AA 259
SLC-DFW
MD-80
Lunch

Choices as described on aa.com as follows:

Lemon Grass Salmon
With fresh greens, pineapple, mango, jícama, radish and Asian sesame dressing

Cornmeal Crusted Chicken
Served with roasted sweet potatoes and corn maque choux

I had the chicken. It was pretty good, though there are better other AA chicken dishes floating around. It was served with a tomato/onion plate.

The bread basket consisted of rosemary bread rolls (haven't seen those before), the breadstick, and pretzel rolls ^

PDB before departure of choice in a plastic cup, and FREQUENT refills throughout the flight. Once airborne, I had red wine. Today's choice was a tempranillo. The FA (who was evidently from Spain) commented that it was good. He also said he has never seen it on domestic flights before, and that you couldn't buy it in stores as it is AA's "private vintage." Not sure how much of that is true, but it was pretty good. ^

Meal was proceeded by hot towels and warm nuts, and followed by a choice of the red-white-blue (my choice) or chocolate chip cookie.

As I'm posting this via Gogo in-air, not sure if mints will be served prior to landing

All and all, a great flight, and FAR superior to the competition on this route.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
This is it for Flagship transcon?

Flying SFO-JFK on AA20 (J on 763) in a few weeks. There are only two entree choices available for reservation:

1) Cheese ravioli with tomato cream sauce
2) Stuffed chicken served with sage sauce accompanied by sautéed squash and wild rice with apples, cranberries and roasted pecans

Where's the beef?!
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
AA 259
SLC-DFW
MD-80
Lunch

Choices as described on aa.com as follows:

Lemon Grass Salmon
With fresh greens, pineapple, mango, jícama, radish and Asian sesame dressing

Cornmeal Crusted Chicken
Served with roasted sweet potatoes and corn maque choux

I had the chicken. It was pretty good, though there are better other AA chicken dishes floating around. It was served with a tomato/onion plate.

The bread basket consisted of rosemary bread rolls (haven't seen those before), the breadstick, and pretzel rolls ^

PDB before departure of choice in a plastic cup, and FREQUENT refills throughout the flight. Once airborne, I had red wine. Today's choice was a tempranillo. The FA (who was evidently from Spain) commented that it was good. He also said he has never seen it on domestic flights before, and that you couldn't buy it in stores as it is AA's "private vintage." Not sure how much of that is true, but it was pretty good. ^

Meal was proceeded by hot towels and warm nuts, and followed by a choice of the red-white-blue (my choice) or chocolate chip cookie.

As I'm posting this via Gogo in-air, not sure if mints will be served prior to landing

All and all, a great flight, and FAR superior to the competition on this route.
Sounds like my flight today. Great cabin crew as well. The Lead FA also mentioned the wine was a "private vintage."

AA 1224
SJC-DFW
MD80
9:55AM - 3:25PM (Sked)
10:08AM - 3:10PM (Actual)
December 4, 2013
PDB: Open Bar
Lunch
Buttonhole: Yes

Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
LAX-PIT
AA 1153
Dec 5, 2013
8:40am - 4:05pm (4h25m)
Breakfast

Upgrade cleared at T-100, had the choice of cereal or bacon soy quiche lorraine. Went with the latter. Forgot that FEBO is an ordering system and not necessarily order of service, so rather slow FA didn’t get to me until almost 90 minutes into flight. Only 12/16 in F and 6B was open so I at least had 2 F seats to myself.

I thought it was pretty good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.