Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2013, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by aamilesslave
This sounds like the salad I had yesterday. I thought it was quite good. I don't recall what type of greens were in the salad and can't recall if it was arugla. The salad also contained sun dried tomato, roasted peppers, and chopped asparagus. I thought the whole thing worked really well. My seatmate had the open faced sandwich, and I didn't think it looked that good - I was happy quite happy I chose the salad (and that I wasn't the one in the aisle that didn't get a choice).
Many thanks! It will definitely be the chicken salad then! On one of my other trips I have a choice between the lemongrass salmon salad or the cornmeal crusted chicken with sweet potatoes like one of the posters above. I think I'll choose the chicken again!
Old Dec 17, 2013, 5:42 am

Programs: UA Platinum
SFO-JFK AA16 Lunch Menu

We took the lunch flight out of SFO in domestic 1st (AA16), PDB was water/OJ/champagne, I had a gin & tonic once in the air, served with warm nuts, menus were handed out while on the ground and we had both previously selected the salmon, which was acknowledged by the FA's. I scored brownie points with my FA for knowing the cranberry white chocolate cookie was the red, white, and blue cookie (she offered extra to me saying no one knows what she's talking about when she says that term, pretty cool and directly attributed to FT! Thanks all!) The starter salad was good, I got the pretzel roll (warm) and caesar salad dressing (I had the Sauvignon Blanc with the salad/salmon), the salmon was served with two potatoes and broccoli. Salmon was over-cooked but better than nothing. The cookies/ice cream/coffee were tasty, wife got the chocolate chip cookie/cheese plate, and we both enjoyed the experience. The salmon was tasty and the wife said she really liked hers, it was just too chewy for my "love" of it. Overall not bad, the other offering on the flight was the "pot pie", the guy next to me had it, I'm glad I stuck with the salmon! Pics of the meal, enjoy!

Old Dec 17, 2013, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
BOS-LAX
757-200
December 2013 Dinner

The flight was booked solid more than a week out and not a single EXP cleared complimentary upgrade. Well, when you give away the F cabin with unlimited A buckets, this is what happens. I digress.

Lazy crew lumped everything on one tray. Interestingly enough, I've only had this happened to me on the BOS-LAX route, several times. What is it with the BOS-LAX crew? I had a little chat with them and found out that the evening BOS-LAX crew came in from LAX serving the redeye flight. They rested during the day in BOS, then flew back to LAX on the 7pm flight. I'm guessing this is why service suffers as a result. They are cranky.

The steak, however, was cooked perfectly. Everything was delicious.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
I asked about a flight from SXM to MIA where the only pre-order menu item listed was the tortilla soup - no other choice.
I received this reply on the list.

Originally Posted by MAH4546
Yes, it's a lunch flight.

And, if I were to guess, this is an IT error. You'll probably end up with a choice of two lunches. Do a fake booking for another Caribbean flight in December. You can see the meal choices right after you enter your name/birthdate and get an idea for the likely menu.
Quick followup on this exchange. The tortilla soup was indeed the only choice for all. They had the trays made up ahead of time and just asked each passenger if they wanted lunch. If yes, they brought the soup which was accompanied by a couple of pieces of cheese and maybe crackers. I say maybe because catering was spotty. Of the trays near me, about half got crackers with their cheese; half did not. There was a paper doily and butter on the tray for a roll but it was never brought out (though I saw the stewardesses pulling out rolls and having them with their own lunches later).

The soup and meal was tasty but the catering service was less than stellar.

-AJ
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aj411
I asked about a flight from SXM to MIA where the only pre-order menu item listed was the tortilla soup - no other choice.
I received this reply on the list.

WOW I did a dummy booking and yes, the SXM-MIA option is Tortilla Soup, however, the flight down has two options listed. It could be that the flight is double catered? But still pretty poor to have just one option...
Old Dec 17, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Interesting that on mainline midcons the dessert is a cookie (which is quite good), but on Eagle midcon runs dessert is a pie, which I much prefer (and is more substantial). Not a complaint per se, just an observation.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Was this on the 2-class or 3-class aircraft? I thought 3-class F was to get the antipasti and a true ice-cream sundae on Flagship Service (JFK-LAX/SFO)?

Originally Posted by popoemt
We took the lunch flight out of SFO in domestic 1st (AA16), PDB was water/OJ/champagne, I had a gin & tonic once in the air, served with warm nuts, menus were handed out while on the ground and we had both previously selected the salmon, which was acknowledged by the FA's. I scored brownie points with my FA for knowing the cranberry white chocolate cookie was the red, white, and blue cookie (she offered extra to me saying no one knows what she's talking about when she says that term, pretty cool and directly attributed to FT! Thanks all!) The starter salad was good, I got the pretzel roll (warm) and caesar salad dressing (I had the Sauvignon Blanc with the salad/salmon), the salmon was served with two potatoes and broccoli. Salmon was over-cooked but better than nothing. The cookies/ice cream/coffee were tasty, wife got the chocolate chip cookie/cheese plate, and we both enjoyed the experience. The salmon was tasty and the wife said she really liked hers, it was just too chewy for my "love" of it. Overall not bad, the other offering on the flight was the "pot pie", the guy next to me had it, I'm glad I stuck with the salmon! Pics of the meal, enjoy!
Old Dec 17, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Was this on the 2-class or 3-class aircraft? I thought 3-class F was to get the antipasti and a true ice-cream sundae on Flagship Service (JFK-LAX/SFO)?
Pics - esp. the cookie one - show this to be a 763, so 2 class F. Most SFO flights now are on the 763 (the red-eye being the consistent exception).
Old Dec 17, 2013, 7:39 pm

It was the 2 class 763... I would have liked the 3 but I didn't see it coming out of SFO
Old Dec 17, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Oh, okay, so if it's a 763, it's 2-class; if 762, then 3-class, correct? I'm still learning about Flagship service

It was the 2 class 763... I would have liked the 3 but I didn't see it coming out of SFO
Also, I'm still a bit confused. I thought all transcon F service (regardless of 2 or 3-class service) would get ice cream sundaes with choices of toppings for lunch service? It looks like the ice cream you were given was premade.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 1:59 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
AA 34
LAX-JFK
Dec 17, 2013
8am-4:25pm (arrived 4pm, gate 4:45pm )

Upgrade cleared at T-4. Was J6+ for several days before the flight. Cleared into 11B but FEBO (or ELFORB) wasn't an issue today.

Choice today was breakfast skillet or cereal. Went with the skillet, which looks a bit different than on other domestic flights.

Also had a chance to try out the new snack basket ... couldn't get a photo of the entire thing, but it's a HUUUUUUUUUUUGE upgrade over DL/UA snack baskets. My favorite were the key lime cookies.

^ to the captain for congratulating a J pax who crossed 2MM today and ^ to the purser (one of the youngest I've seen on any flight, ever) coming around to AAirpass and EXPs thanking us for our loyalty. After years on DL and a few months on UA, I think I've found my AAirline.

And on landing, got a glimpse of the A321T! Too bad my flight landed too late for the JFK event, and I'm missing out on the LAX event. Even the FAs on my 762 were excited about the new planes (particularly when collecting IFE tablets )

Last edited by amolkold; Dec 18, 2013 at 2:13 am
Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:59 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Damn that's a big piece of breakfast sausage! ^ What else was in the snack basket if you recall?
Old Dec 18, 2013, 6:29 am

Oh, okay, so if it's a 763, it's 2-class; if 762, then 3-class, correct? I'm still learning about Flagship service. Also, I'm still a bit confused. I thought all transcon F service (regardless of 2 or 3-class service) would get ice cream sundaes with choices of toppings for lunch service? It looks like the ice cream you were given was premade.
Yeah, it was pre-made, and pretty much frozen through. I would have liked a carmel sundae. I believe that sundaes may be available but only on dinner flights (where the meals seem to be much better selections).
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Yeah, it was pre-made, and pretty much frozen through. I would have liked a carmel sundae. I believe that sundaes may be available but only on dinner flights (where the meals seem to be much better selections).
I'm on AA20 SFO-JFK tomorrow which is a dinner flight. Only selections are ravioli or chicken; not too exciting. We'll see if the sundaes are pre-made or not.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Really?

I would take NGBC F (2 class) over an ancient 762 any day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.