Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA PLAT
Originally Posted by aero0729
I seem to dislike those skillets that have been around a few months. Does anyone else agree that beans and corn are nasty in a skillet/omelette. I have traveled the world and never at an omelette station have I seen an option for beans and corn. Please tell me the new one lacks beans and corn. I am all for those good ole' cheese omelettes they used to have!
I know this post is ages old... but, travelled the world and never seen beans/corn in an omelet??? Those travels must have never included anything south of the Red River... It's a Tex-Mex staple! Maybe you forget AA is headquartered in Fort Worth.

If you don't believe me: google images southwestern omelet.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Has anyone had this dish: Bocconcini Pasta With creamy leek sauce ???
I've never seen this before and it's an option on my upcoming 763 JFK-MIA flight. I love anything with leeks in it so it sounds very tempting!

My other option is: Grilled Herb Chicken
Accompanied by lemon herb sauce, pearl barley and wheatberry rice pilaf, seasoned carrots and buttered sugar snap peas
I have these two options on an upcoming MIA-PHX flight and would value your opinion if you have experienced either of these yet.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 1:10 am

Yet another flight on AA 2403
ORD-SJC
738 SilverBird Exterior/Boeing Sky Interior
7:15PM - 9:55PM (Sked)
7:16PM - 9:58PM (Actual)
December 7, 2013
PDB: None
Dinner
Buttonhole: Yes

Dijon Crusted Chicken or Cheese Tortellini w/ Romano Sauce

Old Dec 8, 2013, 5:44 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
i just had that brocconcini pasta with leek sauce and it was pretty good and a nice change from the usual pasta offering with red sauce. the chicken also looked good; i don't think you can go wrong with either choice. had a pretty lackluster FA on that 763 flight who disappeared into coach for the 2nd part of the flight and left the purser to offer refills and check on all 30 F pax for the rest of the flight.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Hello, on a MIA-AUA flight, our snack choice is between two options that I have not had yet: the smoked turkey open faced sandwich with brie and apple butter and smoky chili slaw, or the cold lemon thyme chicken with quinoa-arugula salad. Any recommendations? I usually tend to prefer the salad choice over the wrap/sandwich one but I'll admit that I don't find the concept of the quinoa arugula salad very reassuring so any advice will be highly appreciated!
Old Dec 8, 2013, 9:57 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
My first reaction, seeing the turkey sandwich being served to a child a row ahead of me - - I thought it was a kid's meal. Small sections, 4 total, each with a slice of meeting and tomato. Laughable. I'd go with the salad.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Abidjan
My first reaction, seeing the turkey sandwich being served to a child a row ahead of me - - I thought it was a kid's meal. Small sections, 4 total, each with a slice of meeting and tomato. Laughable. I'd go with the salad.
Thanks, that helps a lot! ^
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Do we still post here for the time being on AA meals, considering the fact that the forums has been merged?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Do we still post here for the time being on AA meals, considering the fact that the forums has been merged?
This reports AA meals, which won't appear on US flights for several months. I'd say keep posting until the product is the same..
Old Dec 10, 2013, 11:56 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Grilled beef fillet offered with Gorgonzola and porcini mushroom sauce, whipped potatoes with turnips and waxed beans on the 1530 JFK-SFO (won't post the photo as it's appeared before). One thing I haven't noticed before on this flight, and I took it just 3 weeks ago, was a fruit basket and a separate snack basket brought around the cabin after dessert. I selected a chocolate covered pretzel though didn't really pay attention to what other options were in the basket- might have been some potato chips. Is this new?
Old Dec 11, 2013, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
AA 278
MIA-YUL
737-800
8:20A-11:45A
December 10, 2013
Departed 6/16
Breakfast

Always enjoy the breakfast skillet, today with banana muffin.
FA acknowledged my pre-selection.

Old Dec 15, 2013, 6:26 am

This is our first time in First Class (A), we already have the option to pre-order our Entrée.

AA 399
DFW-SFO
Dec 26, 2013

AA 122
SFO-DWF
Jan 05, 2014

Lunch options:

Beef Fillet
Accompanied by jalapeño Jack polenta and green beans

Buffalo Chicken Salad
Fresh greens with Buffalo chicken, blue cheese, carrots, celery, cucumbers and ranch dressing

What do you think? Options will be the same if we decide during the flight? What about salads and desserts?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 8:53 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Hello, on a MIA-AUA flight, our snack choice is between two options that I have not had yet: the smoked turkey open faced sandwich with brie and apple butter and smoky chili slaw, or the cold lemon thyme chicken with quinoa-arugula salad. Any recommendations? I usually tend to prefer the salad choice over the wrap/sandwich one but I'll admit that I don't find the concept of the quinoa arugula salad very reassuring so any advice will be highly appreciated!
This sounds like the salad I had yesterday. I thought it was quite good. I don't recall what type of greens were in the salad and can't recall if it was arugla. The salad also contained sun dried tomato, roasted peppers, and chopped asparagus. I thought the whole thing worked really well. My seatmate had the open faced sandwich, and I didn't think it looked that good - I was happy quite happy I chose the salad (and that I wasn't the one in the aisle that didn't get a choice).
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Yanner Araya
This is our first time in First Class (A), we already have the option to pre-order our Entrée.

AA 399
DFW-SFO
Dec 26, 2013

AA 122
SFO-DWF
Jan 05, 2014

Lunch options:

Beef Fillet

Buffalo Chicken Salad
Fresh greens with Buffalo chicken, blue cheese, carrots, celery, cucumbers and ranch dressing

What do you think? Options will be the same if we decide during the flight? What about salads and desserts?
The beef filet is tiny, maybe about 1 1/2 inches in diameter, if that! The couple of times I've had it, most recently being last Tuesday, it was rather dry. There is also no sauce or anything to go with it. The polenta is passable...nothing to write home about. It also comes with a small side salad with peppercorn dressing, some of which I used on the dry filet.

The chicken salad is a better choice in my opinion. Even though it's a cold meal, it seems to fill you up more. There is the usual cookie for dessert.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Yanner Araya

AA 399
DFW-SFO
Dec 26, 2013

AA 122
SFO-DWF
Jan 05, 2014

Lunch options:

Beef Fillet

Buffalo Chicken Salad

Pretty much states that you get to choose the entrée, you wont get a salad with the salad entrée, but the same dessert... This is just typical mid-con service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.