Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver, Hilton Dia, Marriott Gold, Hertz Pres Cir, National Exec Elite
Training US FAs?

Originally Posted by txrus
I'd heard about the silver wings, but my FA today didn't have any wings or name tag on (another concern). She did have an airport swipe card, but it certainly didn't look like those I'm used to seeing w/AA FA's & she certainly didn't come close enough for me to read it.

On my flight back from HNL last week, I was chatting w/the FA @ one point about the merger & she made a comment about the US FA's being sent to DFW to 'be trained up to AA standards' which kind of made me wonder, briefly, if this FA today was one of them? I didn't think we had gotten to that point yet, though. Are the Skywest FA's flying mainline? Or just go w/a combination of new/didn't give a fig?
I think that FA was just passing idle rumors. The two companies have not yet merged. I can't believe that they are training each other's workers absent an actual merger being consummated.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by frambusch
I think that FA was just passing idle rumors. The two companies have not yet merged. I can't believe that they are training each other's workers absent an actual merger being consummated.
A couple of weeks ago, a deadheading captain confirmed that the two were working together on a transition.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
DFW-DTW
AA 1605
737-800
10:55A-2:25P
November 12, 2013
Snack

Choice of open face chicken sandwich or Lemon thyme chicken.

DTW-DFW
AA 1605
737-800
3:15P-5:05P
November 12, 2013
Snack

Choice of beef salad or chicken curry wrap. Both great options, the curry wrap was tasty.

Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA1409 DCA-ORD F Nov 2013

AA1409 DCA-ORD F November 2013

Continental Breakfast

Selected the cereal option online, but the fruit plate was the only option onboard. Also featured an assortment of breakfast breads (bagels, muffins, and cinnamon rolls). Still, not bad for a 1h40m flight when compared to the competition (UA).

Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA125 ORD-SEA F Nov 2013

AA125 ORD-SEA F November 2013

Lunch

Choice of cornbread crusted chicken with sweet potatoes and corn (pictured below) or a chilled shrimp salad. Cookie selection was chocolate chip or white chocolate. No issues with online pre-order this time.

Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
If that's true, would that be a good sign (FA's being trained to AA's standards, that is) - meaning, perhaps, the meal service we have now on AA is to stay?

On my flight back from HNL last week, I was chatting w/the FA @ one point about the merger & she made a comment about the US FA's being sent to DFW to 'be trained up to AA standards' which kind of made me wonder, briefly, if this FA today was one of them? I didn't think we had gotten to that point yet, though. Are the Skywest FA's flying mainline? Or just go w/a combination of new/didn't give a fig?
Old Nov 12, 2013, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
AA33
JFK-LAX
B762

AA2452
LAX-DFW
B763

AA1025
DFW-PHL
S80

We had two FAs in-training on the PHL turn. FAs made an announcement at the beginning of each flight about how excited they were to have new FAs at AA, etc, etc, and how they were so excited for the merger

AA1025
PHL-DFW
S80

^
Old Nov 13, 2013, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold

THe US FA's wont be stepping into DFW for a while, at least a year, on my last three AA flights the FA's appear to be going through the motions. NO real personality... I'm having lunch this week with a friend of mine who is a FA supervisor for US, I'll be asking him questions about this.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 4:00 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
One positive of the merger...

You can save time photographing and describing your inflight meals, since all you'll have from now on is the snack basket passed around.

Old Nov 13, 2013, 8:22 pm

AA252 LAX-MIA F Nov 2013

AA252 LAX-MIA F November 2013

4 hours in a flagship suite - probably the most effortless way to cross the country commercially!

Lunch

Salad

Seasonal greens with fresh vegetables offered with sliced mesquite chicken breast

With your choice of pepper cream dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with you meal

Entrees

Turkey Sandwich
With stuffing, cranberry sauce, Brie and garlic herb spread on wheat berry bread, offered with pumpkin bisque and crudites
An American Classics item

Chilled Mediterranean Prawns
Served with tarragon aioli and panzanella salad

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream with you choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate
An assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Light Refreshment

Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Cookies
Freshly baked on board

Wine List

Sparkling Wine
Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Carneros Brut

White Wine
Bogle Sauvignon Blanc, California
Dona Paula Los Cardos Chardonnay, Argentina

Red Wine
Entwine Merlot, California
Cline Sonoma Syrah

Dessert Wine
Graham's Six Grapes Port NV, Douro

3Cls, First, Lunch-Snack
11/13

Same base salad as used on the Hawaii flights - with some tasty seaweed thrown in. ^

Turkey sandwich - the photo doesn't do this entree justice. IMHO, this is AA's tastiest lunch entree. ^

Plenty of Glenlivet to be found on AA252

Old Nov 14, 2013, 1:19 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Was the fake purple orchid/flower decoration that are on all HNL flights on your tray? I didn't see it at all in your pictures, but your pictures didn't encompass the entire tray.

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
AA5 DFW-HNL F October 2013
Old Nov 14, 2013, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Was the fake purple orchid/flower decoration that are on all HNL flights on your tray? I didn't see it at all in your pictures, but your pictures didn't encompass the entire tray.
Yes - I'm pretty sure it was. I don't remember it not being there - which I would have noticed.

-FlyerBeek
Old Nov 14, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP
Lunch entree choice of
Lemon Grass Salmon w/fresh greens, pineapple, mango, jícama, radish and Asian sesame dressing
or
Cornmeal Crusted Chicken
Served w/roasted sweet potatoes and corn maque choux
These have been the options for my last three AA lunch flights... we need more menu variation, not that they weren't quite nice the first couple times.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 10:50 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
It's at least chicken or fish, the other menu I've had in the last month has been chicken or chicken (adobo or buffalo w/salad), not that all four dishes haven't been good for the most part.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:57 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
im getting sick of all the wraps on AA/AE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.