Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Have the FA take the protein off the salad... Are Eagle flights exempt from pre-ordering meals?
Are you really a nurse? Take the protein off of the salad? That's like telling the waiter to take the fly out of your soup and saying it's now ok to eat afterwards.

Not sure about Eagle meal pre-ordering. I've only had one this year, and I forgot if there was a possibility to choose. I think not.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:40 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by no1cub17
flying eagle LAX-OKC in F tonight. Any idea what we can expect? My fiancee is vegetarian - hopefully she can eat something! thanks
November Dinner selections are:

Rosemary Chicken with Couscous

or

Rockin KB BBQ Platter (presumably mostly meat)

She should bring her own food, as there will be nothing more than this. Stop at Sammy's Pizza or the Grab and Go kiosk at the end of the terminal before heading to the Eagle's Nest. There is a food vendor there, but it may not have much to pick from at 6:00pm.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Robt760
Not sure about Eagle meal pre-ordering. I've only had one this year, and I forgot if there was a possibility to choose. I think not.
I've never seen it. I have an Eagle flight on Tues, on one of the new 175's, & there is no pre-order option showing even though the upgrade cleared right @ T-100.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you really a nurse? Take the protein off of the salad? That's like telling the waiter to take the fly out of your soup and saying it's now ok to eat afterwards.
Nurses care about health; I doubt that there's any risk of bacterial contamination from the protein resting on the salad (as opposed to a fly in a soup), and if you're not eating the protein then there's none ingested.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold

Critical Care RN for 15 yrs, what does this have to do with taking protien off the salad? IF your Girl Friend is a STRICK Vegetarian that does not allow "things" to touch her food, then don't eat the salad, pretty simple.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA133 JFK-LAX J Nov 2013

AA133 JFK-LAX J November 2013

Dinner

Starter

Prosciutto and Parmesan Cheese
With cantaloupe puree

Salad

Seasonal greens with fresh vegetables offered with mozzarella, cherry tomato and basil salad

With your choice of sour cream and herb dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with you meal

Entrees

Grilled Fillet of Beef
Served with Foyot sauce, chive celery root potato puree and basil haricots verts

Cheese Tortellini
With Romano sauce

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream with you choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate
An assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Light Refreshment

Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Cookies
Freshly baked on board

Wine List

Sparkling Wine
Valdo Prosecco Brut, Veneto

White Wine
Ardenwood Chardonnay, California
The Climber Sauvignon Blanc, Mendocino

Red Wine
Round Hill Cabernet Sauvignon, California
Viansa Vino Rosso, Sonoma Valley

3Cls, Business, Dinner-Snack
11/13

Old Nov 18, 2013, 10:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Originally Posted by Pinned
AA288 ORD-BOS F Dinner

I had the cornmeal crusted chicken last night on a dinner flight ORD-BOS. It was actually pretty good, the spicy ketchup style sauce they served with it was great. I'm still surprised (and glad) that AA is serving full dinners on a 1h 45min flight like that.

I didn't receive a menu, so no idea what else was offered.

Did get PDB + drink order taken for after take off...warm nuts too. Single tray, served from cart (FA Cathy was the only one in F and she was extremely pleasant and quick, great service).

Pic:

Except for the sugary carb product towards the top left, that's the same as on ORD-SEA last week. It was rather better than I was expecting.

On the return flight I got an FA that insisted on coming around and serving everything in sections - as in, she would take drinks orders from four seats, deliver half of them, then take drinks from another four, deliver a few more drinks, then start on food orders from the front again, more drinks orders, deliver a bit of food, more food orders... etc. It was the most impressively inefficient way of doing it short of going start to finish seat by seat, especially given she kept forgetting who she had done which part of the service for. I got a drink order within 2 minutes, but lunch took almost an hour to show up from ordering. She'd come by three times for drinks before she remembered/realized she hadn't done meals for myself & the person next to me and after three screwdrivers what was laughingly termed "chicken pot pie" seemed quite good.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:29 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
What is that...thing? It looks either really good or really bad.

And what has happened to dessert? I'm getting sick of these baked on board cookies. GIVE ME MY CHEESECAKE.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:30 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
...this is a transcon breakfast in First?! I thought AA served more than that for breakfast on a transcon, especially on a flagship flight? This looks more like a midcon breakfast, was this a recent cutback?

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
AA33
JFK-LAX
B762

Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:38 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
...this is a transcon breakfast in First?! I thought AA served more than that for breakfast on a transcon, especially on a flagship flight? This looks more like a midcon breakfast, was this a recent cutback?
Not a cutback. The meals have always been about that size. It probably just appears smaller since it's a sandwich.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:41 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Never in my life have I eaten a sandwich for breakfast. I don't intend to start. Why can't they just offer a nice breakfast with breakfast items.

What was that?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
They have been serving this for quite sometime now on the JFK - SFO flight... nothing new... AA please change the menu! Suppose to be flagship service, they should change the menus if not weekly. monthly!

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
AA133 JFK-LAX J November 2013

Dinner

Starter

Prosciutto and Parmesan Cheese
With cantaloupe puree

Salad

Seasonal greens with fresh vegetables offered with mozzarella, cherry tomato and basil salad

With your choice of sour cream and herb dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with you meal

Entrees

Grilled Fillet of Beef
Served with Foyot sauce, chive celery root potato puree and basil haricots verts

Cheese Tortellini
With Romano sauce

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream with you choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate
An assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Light Refreshment

Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Cookies
Freshly baked on board

Wine List

Sparkling Wine
Valdo Prosecco Brut, Veneto

White Wine
Ardenwood Chardonnay, California
The Climber Sauvignon Blanc, Mendocino

Red Wine
Round Hill Cabernet Sauvignon, California
Viansa Vino Rosso, Sonoma Valley

3Cls, Business, Dinner-Snack
11/13

Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Not a cutback. The meals have always been about that size. It probably just appears smaller since it's a sandwich.
I have had better meals on Mid-cons then what AA serves on their "flagship" service JFK-West Coast flights.. What happened to the egg skillets they served?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:26 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I have had better meals on Mid-cons then what AA serves on their "flagship" service JFK-West Coast flights.. What happened to the egg skillets they served?
The egg skillets are still a regularly featured, rotating menu item on trans-con breakfast flights.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Never in my life have I eaten a sandwich for breakfast. I don't intend to start. Why can't they just offer a nice breakfast with breakfast items.

What was that?
You haven't lived until you've had a bacon, egg and cheese on a buttered hard roll from a good NY deli. So delicious, but so bad for you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.