Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: AA PLAT
AA117
JFK-LAX
Business, Lunch

PDB - Champagne, OJ, Water

Warm mixed nuts

Green Thai Curried Shrimp
Shrimp marinated in green Thai curry, served chilled with sesame ginger and garlic broccoli, couscous salad with eggplant and dates

OR

Turkey Reuben
Grilled smoked turkey breast on marble rye topped with Swiss cheese, sauerkraut and Thousand Island dressing

Cookies & Cream Ice Cream

OR

Cheese Plate

Prior to Landing

Warm Cookies with Milk or Water

Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:59 am

Programs: AA PLAT
AA300
DFW-EWR
First, Breakfast

Quiche

OR

Cereal

Served with fresh fruit and choice of biscuit or cranberry muffin
Old Nov 14, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Having had to have chosen Alaska for some recent flights SEA-SAT & return, its nice to see that someone still offers real meals on flights. I'd swear that one 'meal' on AS was cold cuts bologna & cheese on a plate. At least AA makes an effort to provide a meal.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
choice?

I have a flight coming up from SXM to MIA in December at 9:30 AM that is listed as a lunch flight. First, lunch, really? is this correct? [I have a subsequent lunch flight MIA-ORD at 1:55]
Second, the only "choice" that I am given for this lunch is Tortilla Soup. No other alternative listed. Will this really be the only choice? I don't see this elsewhere on this thread but am I better off just not making a choice for that flight and hoping I will have a real choice once on board?

-AJ
Old Nov 16, 2013, 1:00 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by aj411
I have a flight coming up from SXM to MIA in December at 9:30 AM that is listed as a lunch flight. First, lunch, really? is this correct? [I have a subsequent lunch flight MIA-ORD at 1:55]
Second, the only "choice" that I am given for this lunch is Tortilla Soup. No other alternative listed. Will this really be the only choice? I don't see this elsewhere on this thread but am I better off just not making a choice for that flight and hoping I will have a real choice once on board?

-AJ
Yes, it's a lunch flight.

And, if I were to guess, this is an IT error. You'll probably end up with a choice of two lunches. Do a fake booking for another Caribbean flight in December. You can see the meal choices right after you enter your name/birthdate and get an idea for the likely menu.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP
AA288 ORD-BOS F Dinner

I had the cornmeal crusted chicken last night on a dinner flight ORD-BOS. It was actually pretty good, the spicy ketchup style sauce they served with it was great. I'm still surprised (and glad) that AA is serving full dinners on a 1h 45min flight like that.

I didn't receive a menu, so no idea what else was offered.

Did get PDB + drink order taken for after take off...warm nuts too. Single tray, served from cart (FA Cathy was the only one in F and she was extremely pleasant and quick, great service).

Pic:
Old Nov 16, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Pinned
AA288 ORD-BOS F Dinner

Pic:
Is that dessert I see on your tray?
Old Nov 16, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
thanks for the info on the sxm-mia flight. will try to see if I can fake something to see real choices - though not sure it matters much if I can't choose before I get there.

-AJ
Old Nov 16, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by dat4life
Is that dessert I see on your tray?
Yes, it was some kind of carrot cake. All served on one tray, I assume due to it being such a quick flight, one woman barely finished her dinner before we started descending!
Old Nov 16, 2013, 8:46 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Future Flight Choice

Future Flight Choice:

AA16
SFO-JFK
1250-2120hrs
Lunch Menu-
Chicken Pot Pie:
A baked savory chicken pot pie with gravy, potatoes, carrots, green beans and peas in a delicate crust

or

Lemon Dill Salmon:
Grilled salmon enhanced by lemon dill sauce, served with baby fennel, broccoli and buttered new potatoes

I think we are going for the Lemon Dill Salmon...
Old Nov 17, 2013, 5:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by popoemt
Future Flight Choice:

AA16
SFO-JFK
1250-2120hrs
Lunch Menu-
Chicken Pot Pie:
A baked savory chicken pot pie with gravy, potatoes, carrots, green beans and peas in a delicate crust

or

Lemon Dill Salmon:
Grilled salmon enhanced by lemon dill sauce, served with baby fennel, broccoli and buttered new potatoes

I think we are going for the Lemon Dill Salmon...
If it was me, Mickie Dee's 10-piece chicken McNuggets carry on. And I really don't eat meat anymore. Yuk!
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:06 am

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by arlflyer

Choices were a buffalo chicken salad or a grilled chicken breast with mashed potatoes and corn. I figured they would run out of the latter option, but a disconcerting number of people declined dinner ("ARE YOU CRAZY??!!"), so even though I was in 6A and this was an even-numbered flight, I got my choice. It came with the obligatory side salad with creamy black pepper dressing. The chicken was accompanied by a ramekin of some sort of odd tomato sauce; somewhere between picante sauce and marinara. Really didn't taste like much of anything. Entree as a whole was good though.

Bread choices were pretzel breadstick (my choice), cheese bread (declined due to underwhelming past experience) and something else - whole grain I think? I made the right choice, as the pretzel rod was delicious.

Dessert was baked on board cookies; chocolate chip or white chocolate macadamia nut (I chose the former).
Same meal as above for my PHL-DFW flight yesterday, though the FA, who did acknowledge (& thank me!) for my pre-order, called it 'BBQ chicken'. Do the FA's not have the correct meal descriptions? Or just can't be bothered? (See my previous report where the FA referred to the hot entree as 'that').

Interestingly, mints were passed out about an hour before landing.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 9:58 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold

flying eagle LAX-OKC in F tonight. Any idea what we can expect? My fiancee is vegetarian - hopefully she can eat something! thanks
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:41 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by no1cub17
flying eagle LAX-OKC in F tonight. Any idea what we can expect? My fiancee is vegetarian - hopefully she can eat something! thanks
A cold deli sandwich or a salad with meat. Good-sized portions, but nothing vegetarian.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MAH4546
A cold deli sandwich or a salad with meat. Good-sized portions, but nothing vegetarian.
Have the FA take the protein off the salad... Are Eagle flights exempt from pre-ordering meals?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.