Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
11/4
DCA - ORD
6:30am (dept) - 7:35am (arrival)

Fruit with choice of bagel and cream cheese, cinnamon roll, or croissant. I went with the bagel and cream cheese which was warmed.

11/4
ORD - IAH
8:35am (dept) - 11:05am (arrival)
American Eagle CR700

Offered some sort of ham and swiss sandwich on french toast but declined since I had eaten on the previous flight. That being said was pleasantly surprised on both flights as I've never been offered food on a DCA - ORD (or v.v.) flight on UA aside from the snack basket (even during meal times) and I've never been offered anything warm on a UAx flight.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 2:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
11/4

11/4
ORD - IAH
American Eagle CR700

Offered some sort of ham and swiss sandwich on french toast but declined since I had eaten on the previous flight. That being said was pleasantly surprised on both flights as I've never been offered food on a DCA - ORD (or v.v.) flight on UA aside from the snack basket (even during meal times) and I've never been offered anything warm on a UAx flight.
Thats a huge improvement over the cereal-based super-sweet continental breakfast they used to serve on this flight.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by flyerdude88
11/4

11/4
ORD - IAH
American Eagle CR700

American Eagle Breakfast choices for November:

Cold Monte Cristo Sandwich or Cereal/Oatmeal, Yogurt + Berries

The exception would be if it's coded K/Breakfast= You'd get no choice: Cereal and Fruit Cup.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:36 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
10/30/2013
DEN-ORD
CR7

Option of cold piece of salmon served over a salad of romaine lettuce and corn served with a pre-packaged roll and side of caramel/chocolate cheesecake. Other option was a cold roast beef sandwich served with potato salad and a side packaged brownie.

I had the salmon salad. Fresh, but the salmon was incredibly dry.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 9:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA5 DFW-HNL F October 2013

AA5 DFW-HNL F October 2013

Lunch

Salad

Seasonal greens with fresh vegetables

With your choice of Italian herb vinaigrette or miso cilantro dressing

King's Hawaiian rolls will be served with your meal

Entrees

Ginger Teriyaki Salmon
Served with carrots and vegetable fried rice
A signature Chef Sam Choy item

Florentine Lasagna Roll
Offered with creamy tomato sauce and mozzarella

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, strawberry or mango toppings, whipped cream and pistachios

Gourmet Cheese Plate
An assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Prior to Arrival

Fresh fruit and cheese

Wine List

Sparkling wine
Gloria Ferrer Sonoma Carneros Brut

White Wine
Bogle Sauvignon Blanc, California
Dona Paula Los Cardos Chardonnay, Argentina

Red Wine
Entwine Merlot, California
Cline Sonoma Syrah

Dessert Wine
Graham's Six Grapes Port NV, Douro

2cls, First, HFS Lunch/Dinner-Snack

(pre-ordered and confirmed the salmon, but the FAs miscounted and I ended up with the lasagna. Nevertheless, with a sincere and heartfelt apology and extra attentive service for the remainder of the flight, I really didn't mind ^)

Old Nov 9, 2013, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
11/9/13 MIA-DFW snack flight

PDB of water, oj, sparkling wine

No hot towels but did have hot nuts

Choice of steak salad or curried chicken wrap.

Had the wrap and it was a filling snack.

Choice of chocolate chip or white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.

Drinks pretty free flowing for entire flight, crew attentive
Old Nov 9, 2013, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), HHonors Diamond
BOS-DFW Lunch

11/9/13
AA 2251
BOS-DFW Lunch

PDB of water only

SUPER attentive F/A Judy came by before departure to ask for our drink orders after take off.

Drinks were immediately served after take off along with warm nuts

Choices for lunch were:
Chicken Adobo with mashed potatoes and spinach or
Buffalo Chicken Salad

I had the Chicken Adobo and it was quite good. Served with a side salad, pepper cream dressing and choice of bread.

Judy was probably one of the best F/A's I've encountered at AA. Not 15 minutes went by without her passing through the cabin to check on the passengers and offer refills on drinks.

Right after lunch choice of cookies.

Overall excellent flight and I've already written into AA to tell them what an outstanding job Judy did during the flight.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:36 pm

AA 130
DCA-DFW
Depart 3:10 PM arrive 5:25 PM

PDB to start.

No hot towels (the horror).

Warm nuts, though these didn't seem as well-seasoned as usual. Also did not seem to have pistachios in it. Did they do away with those?

Was told this was a dinner service, and was a bit surprised since I figured a 3:10 PM departure (with food being served at ~4 PM origin time) would not be considered a "traditional meal time". But no complaints here.

Choices were a buffalo chicken salad or a grilled chicken breast with mashed potatoes and corn. I figured they would run out of the latter option, but a disconcerting number of people declined dinner ("ARE YOU CRAZY??!!"), so even though I was in 6A and this was an even-numbered flight, I got my choice. It came with the obligatory side salad with creamy black pepper dressing. The chicken was accompanied by a ramekin of some sort of odd tomato sauce; somewhere between picante sauce and marinara. Really didn't taste like much of anything. Entree as a whole was good though.

Bread choices were pretzel breadstick (my choice), cheese bread (declined due to underwhelming past experience) and something else - whole grain I think? I made the right choice, as the pretzel rod was delicious.

Dessert was baked on board cookies; chocolate chip or white chocolate macadamia nut (I chose the former). Good cookies, but I prefer the cheesecake. I cannot believe the mean things that people have said about the cheesecake in this thread!

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Is that a nacho cheese sundae? Kidding, but OMG that would be awesome...

Last edited by arlflyer; Nov 10, 2013 at 7:43 pm
Old Nov 11, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by arlflyer
AA 130
DCA-DFW
Depart 3:10 PM arrive 5:25 PM

Warm nuts, though these didn't seem as well-seasoned as usual. Also did not seem to have pistachios in it. Did they do away with those?

Was told this was a dinner service, and was a bit surprised since I figured a 3:10 PM departure (with food being served at ~4 PM origin time) would not be considered a "traditional meal time". But no complaints here.
Pistachios still around, tho' often in small quantity and you may or may not get any in your ramekin.

Technically this is a lunch service, since the second meal is a salad instead of pasta. However flight attendant on my DFW-SFO on Saturday switched from calling it lunch when all the salads went and starting asking folks if they wanted dinner

Everyone took the tray, but more or less picked at it, as you might imagine they would on a flight that leaves at 2:10 and gets in at 3:50.

The adobo sauce is smoky and a little bit spicy, not too bad I guess, but not too savory either. I like this dish.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
AE
E175
Newark to Chicago
11/11 at 1130am

PDB of anything you wanted

In Air:

Drinks and hot towel
No Nuts! Couldn't believe this

Choice of a Shrimp salad or Italian wrap. I had the wrap which was good and also came with a side of pasta salad, Stacy's pita chips and a brownie of some sort. No hummus for the pita chips either which was weird.

Overall nice ride on the new E175 with a great FA.

Last edited by AANYC1981; Nov 11, 2013 at 3:40 pm
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
AA 1506 DFW-BOS
Today 11:25 - 3:50

PDB sort of

Hot towels & warm nuts

Lunch entree choice of
Lemon Grass Salmon w/fresh greens, pineapple, mango, jícama, radish and Asian sesame dressing
or
Cornmeal Crusted Chicken
Served w/roasted sweet potatoes and corn maque choux

Bread basket-which was a pretzel roll, 'long stick' or 'that' which referred to the herb roll

Choice of chocolate chip cookie or 'that one', as the FA put it which turned out to be the red/white/blue.

I don't even know where to begin w/this FA-I'm truly not sure there are words to describe her 'service' other than 'OMG' & not in a good way. Interestingly, neither of the other FA's came up front until we were headed down, which in retrospect, probably speaks volumes about the FA.

I don't know whether this girl is new or simply doesn't give a fig, but this had to be the worst service I think I have ever had up front. Her way of taking lunch orders was to slap down the tray of the few pax who had been able to pre-order & then stare @ the other pax. She finally broke down & asked me if I wanted 'the salmon or that' pointing to the chicken my seatmate had apparently pre-ordered. While she did ask if I wanted wine, which I declined, she never offered a refill on the ice water I'd asked for w/the nuts. As soon as she handed out the cookies (this where my comment above of 'chocolate chip or that' comes in) , she, of course, vanished for the rest of the flight.

All in all, a big to this FA.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by txrus
AA 1506 DFW-BOS

I don't know whether this girl is new or simply doesn't give a fig, but this had to be the worst service I think I have ever had up front. Her way of taking lunch orders was to slap down the tray of the few pax who had been able to pre-order & then stare @ the other pax. She finally broke down & asked me if I wanted 'the salmon or that' pointing to the chicken my seatmate had apparently pre-ordered. While she did ask if I wanted wine, which I declined, she never offered a refill on the ice water I'd asked for w/the nuts. As soon as she handed out the cookies (this where my comment above of 'chocolate chip or that' comes in) , she, of course, vanished for the rest of the flight.

All in all, a big to this FA.
Be sure to send a note to AA about her. They can't correct what they don't know about.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 5:36 pm

Programs: Various
Not 100% Domestic Meal related, but service related:

If your Flight Attendant is wearing "wings" on their uniform, look for one of two colors:

If Silver, they have less than 5 years seniority (you can pretty much presume they are new, since AA has not hired any 'new' flight attendants in the last 10 years)

If Gold, they have been with AA more than 5 years seniority

New Flight Attendants can be on any route and work nearly any position. Some are #1 or #2 on domestic flights.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:04 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Robt760
Not 100% Domestic Meal related, but service related:

If your Flight Attendant is wearing "wings" on their uniform, look for one of two colors:

If Silver, they have less than 5 years seniority (you can pretty much presume they are new, since AA has not hired any 'new' flight attendants in the last 10 years)

If Gold, they have been with AA more than 5 years seniority

New Flight Attendants can be on any route and work nearly any position. Some are #1 or #2 on domestic flights.
I'd heard about the silver wings, but my FA today didn't have any wings or name tag on (another concern). She did have an airport swipe card, but it certainly didn't look like those I'm used to seeing w/AA FA's & she certainly didn't come close enough for me to read it.

On my flight back from HNL last week, I was chatting w/the FA @ one point about the merger & she made a comment about the US FA's being sent to DFW to 'be trained up to AA standards' which kind of made me wonder, briefly, if this FA today was one of them? I didn't think we had gotten to that point yet, though. Are the Skywest FA's flying mainline? Or just go w/a combination of new/didn't give a fig?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
10 Nov / MEX-MIA

Mexico City - Miami
10 November 2013
16:25 departure
20:15 arrival
"Dinner"

Steak vs. Lasagna

Pre-ordered steak.

PDB ok.
Drinks service after the usual AA 20-30 minute delay.

FA served meals from front (despite odd #).
Did not call anyone by name.
Never acknowledged pre-order.
Still had steak left at my row, so was able to get that anyway.

Side salad w/ cucumber & cherry tomato.
Small steak w/ white rice and half a grilled tomato.
Steak was tough, not much flavor.
Shortcake desert w/ apple topping.

Did not see FA again until prior to landing... could hear her galley convo, though, so I knew she was still onboard...

One of the coach FA's walked through about 30 minutes after dinner and refilled drinks for anyone who asked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.