FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)
Old Nov 10, 2013, 7:36 pm
arlflyer

AA 130
DCA-DFW
Depart 3:10 PM arrive 5:25 PM

PDB to start.

No hot towels (the horror).

Warm nuts, though these didn't seem as well-seasoned as usual. Also did not seem to have pistachios in it. Did they do away with those?

Was told this was a dinner service, and was a bit surprised since I figured a 3:10 PM departure (with food being served at ~4 PM origin time) would not be considered a "traditional meal time". But no complaints here.

Choices were a buffalo chicken salad or a grilled chicken breast with mashed potatoes and corn. I figured they would run out of the latter option, but a disconcerting number of people declined dinner ("ARE YOU CRAZY??!!"), so even though I was in 6A and this was an even-numbered flight, I got my choice. It came with the obligatory side salad with creamy black pepper dressing. The chicken was accompanied by a ramekin of some sort of odd tomato sauce; somewhere between picante sauce and marinara. Really didn't taste like much of anything. Entree as a whole was good though.

Bread choices were pretzel breadstick (my choice), cheese bread (declined due to underwhelming past experience) and something else - whole grain I think? I made the right choice, as the pretzel rod was delicious.

Dessert was baked on board cookies; chocolate chip or white chocolate macadamia nut (I chose the former). Good cookies, but I prefer the cheesecake. I cannot believe the mean things that people have said about the cheesecake in this thread!

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Is that a nacho cheese sundae? Kidding, but OMG that would be awesome...

Last edited by arlflyer; Nov 10, 2013 at 7:43 pm