Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2013, 6:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
No, sorry. After all these years, I haven't figured out how to post pictures on FT. If I do, then I'll start taking and posting pictures.
Help is at hand - see this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...phy-forum.html
Old Oct 12, 2013, 1:27 am

Programs: AA PLT, HYT PLT
Nobody in my group ordered the open faced turkey sandwich, but it looked like a closed deli sandwich that the FA was calling a chicken sandwich on 2 nice slices of wheat bread. Looked appetizing, we all ended up with the beef udon noodles.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 3:45 am

Programs: AA EXP; SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Amex Platinum; Meaningless to Everyone Else
I had the "open" faced chicken sandwich last Sunday on AA380 ORD LGA. Indeed a closed sandwich with chicken, cheese a few pieces of arugula on wheat bread. Also served with marinated cheese. Slices of tomato served on the side for the sandwich. It actually was tasty but I just wished there was more of it. I have a picture and will post soon.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Just as a coach note, it looks like the Marcus Samuelsson partnership is over with remove of the chef mention on coach menus starting this month. A one year contract.

I liked the idea of sliced egg and guacamole being used on the sandwiches. I think they kept the breakfast sandwich though (aged cheese and brioche roll with turkey).

http://www.aa.com/i18n/amrcorp/newsr...obileUAFlag=AA

Rasheed
Old Oct 12, 2013, 5:42 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Do you happen to have a picture of this?
More help at hand

post #121 has BlissWorld's pic
post #478 has SFO777's pic

They even look a little different, giving you an idea of how they may come out depending on the FA's "plating" skills. Just search strata on the thread, there may be more pics.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 10:36 pm

Been busy at work and finally getting around to dumping a huge backlog of pic from recent AA flights. Quite a few segments on Eagle (MQ and OO), AS codeshares, US (rebooked by AA dues to IRROPS) and B6 (also due to IRROPS) so nothing interesting. Might be missing a few meals below but here goes:

Turkey and Chutney Sandwich - Consolation prize. Lost upgrade to due 767 to 757 downgauge.

BBQ Chicken with Mac and Cheese

Egg Quesadillas

BBQ Chicken with Mac and Cheese: The Poultry Strikes Back

(Non)Open Face Chicken Sandwich w/ Antipasto

BBQ Chicken with Mac and Cheese: Return of the Rooster

Herb Crusted Chicken

Salmon Salad

Beef with Soba Noodles

BBQ Chicken with Mac and Cheese: Attack of the Clones

Premium Snack Mix
Old Oct 14, 2013, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
AA75 IAD-LAX F October 2013

Dinner

Starter

Mojito Shrimp
With somen noodles

Salad

Seasonal greens and fresh vegetables offered with chile cucumber salad

With your choice of classic Casesar dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal

Entrees

Panko Crusted Chicken
Served with lemon thyme sauce, roasted rosemary baby potatoes and vegetables

Four Cheese Ravioli
Complemented by mushroom tomato sauce

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate
An assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Light Refreshment

Fresh seasonal fruit

Cookies
Freshly baked on board

Wine List

Sparkling wine
Valdo Prosecco Brut, Veneto

White Wine
Ardenwood Chardonnay, California
The Climber Sauvignon Blanc, Mendocino

Red Wine
Round Hill Cabernet Sauvignon, California
Viansa Vino Rosso, Sonoma Valley

2cls, First, Dinner-Snack

Bombay Sapphire G&T ^

Jim Beam Devil's Cut - I'm actually beginning to grow somewhat fond of this bourbon. It's still a bit too sweet for my tastes and not a great replacement for even a pedestrian single malt (like Glenlivet) but it does have a very nice profile overall and seems to beat the other on-board whiskey options
Old Oct 15, 2013, 2:40 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkedMan
More help at hand

post #121 has BlissWorld's pic
post #478 has SFO777's pic

They even look a little different, giving you an idea of how they may come out depending on the FA's "plating" skills. Just search strata on the thread, there may be more pics.
Thank you^
Old Oct 15, 2013, 3:13 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by WChou
Beef with Soba Noodles
I had this a couple of weeks ago on a later ORD-SEA flight. It was vomit-inducing. Absolutely atrocious. When I saw "Snack or Brunch" I assumed something more than a cold plate of gristle and disgusting noodles, but alas I was 100% wrong.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 6:24 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek

Dinner

Starter

Mojito Shrimp
With somen noodles

Salad

With your choice of classic Casesar dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Entrees

Panko Crusted Chicken

Four Cheese Ravioli
Complemented by mushroom tomato sauce

Dessert

Ben & Jerry's vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate

Light Refreshment

Fresh seasonal fruit

Cookies
Freshly baked on board

Wine List

Sparkling wine
Valdo Prosecco Brut, Veneto

White Wine
Ardenwood Chardonnay, California
The Climber Sauvignon Blanc, Mendocino

Red Wine
Round Hill Cabernet Sauvignon, California
Viansa Vino Rosso, Sonoma Valley

2cls, First, Dinner-Snack

Bombay Sapphire G&T ^
http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/a...psd226abb8.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps6c76c023.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/a...psc1646dec.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps43b6e1e0.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps072223fc.jpg

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps25a12103.jpg

Jim Beam Devil's Cut - I'm actually beginning to grow somewhat fond of this bourbon. It's still a bit too sweet for my tastes and not a great replacement for even a pedestrian single malt (like Glenlivet) but it does have a very nice profile overall and seems to beat the other on-board whiskey options
Jim Beam is as you say bourbon, not scotch. It is simply unacceptable - and more importantly uncompetitive - not to serve a single malt in a premium cabin (at least internationally - I don't know what UA/DL/VX and soon B6 wil be serving in the AFS markets once Glenlievt bites the dust). I really encourage people who drink scotch to send complaints to AA.

Last edited by JY1024; Oct 16, 2013 at 4:08 am Reason: Removed img tags from quote post for readability
Old Oct 15, 2013, 6:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by sts603
Jim Beam is as you say bourbon, not scotch. It is simply unacceptable - and more importantly uncompetitive - not to serve a single malt in a premium cabin (at least internationally - I don't know what UA/DL/VX and soon B6 wil be serving in the AFS markets once Glenlievt bites the dust). I really encourage people who drink scotch to send complaints to AA.
I agree. At least replace the Glenlivet with a drinkable blended scotch (such as JW Black or Chivas 12). Until then, though, I find the Jim Beam Devil's Cut to be far more tolerable than the Dewars (which I simply cannot drink).

As an aside, I was up in Speyside this summer and found a great store in Keith that literally had over 100 different single malts in minitures - even some 21/25yrs. Every major distillery and many of the smaller ones was represented. I purchased a ton - and now pack a few in my carry-on in case the need for an impromptu in-flight tasting becomes necessary.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:32 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
AA177 JFK-SFO in 3-class F (9/27/13, 6:45pm departure)

STARTERS

Marinated Cheese Antipasto
or
Apple Soy Marinated Beef
With horseradish cream and thin potatoes

SALAD

Seasonal greens and fresh vegetables offered with artichoke, wild mushroom and pea salad and sliced chipotle chicken breast
With your choice of pepper cream dressing or permium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

ENTRÉES

Grilled Fillet of Beef
Served over truffled wild mushroom ragoût with Merlot sauce, roasted potato wedges and baby squash

Pork Tenderloin
Served with butternut squash puree and apple and onion preserves

Florentine Lasagna Roll
With tomato sauce and mozzarella

DESSERT

Ben & Jerry's Vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Grand Marnier Fruit Salad

Light Refreshment
Offered prior to arrival

Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Cookies
Freshly baked on board

Last edited by dstan; Oct 16, 2013 at 1:06 pm
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:40 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
AA20 SFO-JFK in J (9/29/13, 2:40pm departure)

STARTER

Mojito Shrimp
With somen noodles

SALAD

With your choice of classic Caesar dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

ENTRÉES

Panko Crusted Chicken

Four Cheese Ravioli
Complemented by tomato cream sauce

DESSERT

Ben & Jerry's Vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate

Light Refreshment
Offered prior to arrival

Fresh Seasonal Fruit

Cookies
Freshly baked on board
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:45 pm

AA18 SFO-JFK F October 2013

AA18 SFO-JFK F October 2013

Midnight Raid

Entrees

Grilled Lemon Chicken
Served chilled over fresh seasonal greens with goat cheese and sour cream and herb dressing

Gourmet Cheese Plate
Mozzarella, jalapeno pepper Jack and cheddar served with grapes and dried fruit

Creamy Wild Mushroom Soup
With garlic sourdough croutons

A crusty French roll will be served with your meal

Dessert

Three Twins Ice Cream
Madagascar Vanilla
or
Sea Salted Caramel

FC Midnight Raid 3 Twins Test 10/13

Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
I'm confused now about several things:

a) Madagascar vanilla ice cream: is this replacing sundaes on transcons? Is it also replacing sludges/brownies&ice-cream on longer midcons that still feature Basic Plus service? Someone upthread mentioned it being offered on some ORD/DFW-SFO flights, as well as DFW-LAX (even though that one is no longer Basic Plus?)

b) Any more reports on recent longer midcon dinner service that's supposed to be Basic Plus? It seems like Basic Plus is now restricted to a few limited routes and/or being phased out, due to someone reporting another longer midcon not getting the full Basic Plus service? I might be wrong, but it's kind of in flux right now, it seems?

c) I thought longer midcon snacks, such as the aforementioned ORD-SEA service, still got a proper "lunch/snack" offering, such as an enchilada? Or is that completely done with and replaced with the smaller snack-style offering that began in fall 2012?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.