Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
What was the response, if you don't mind me asking? Did they give a reason/rationalization why?

Originally Posted by MAH4546
I very politely complained about the reduced food service this morning. Less than four hours later, received a non-canned response and 10,000 miles in my account.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 3:33 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Not sure if this will help, coming from one person, but I've sent in a complaint to AA Customer Relations. If we all flood them with complaints, then they may take notice, who knows?
I agree - there is power in numbers.

I will be writing in tonight.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
My reference point is that DFW-LAX used to have shrimp cocktail and a decent dessert (ice cream sundae or fruit/cheese). I really don't think that a single cookie is an acceptable "First Class" dessert at dinner. This is a significant downgrade in service re: lack of appetizer and a joke of a "dessert".
Agreed, AA's first domestic is better in part because of the food. I never got decent meals on any other carrier. I don't think this will affect me much, as I don't fly a lot of mid-cons, but if "cuts" are what's to come then that is very disappointing.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 8:34 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by brp
But I'd gladly have them drop the ice cream option if they consistently had the cheese plate.
Agreed!
Old Sep 28, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
AA 211
IAH-JFK
1417 Miles
Dinner

Dinner was excellent tonight. But service provided by our lazy NYC based crew was terrible. It was probably my worse flight of the year in terms of service.

PDB of OJ or Water^

No hot towels

To start with, G&T with delicious Bombay Sapphire.

Dinner was a choice of:

Seared Breast of Chicken
Stuffed with spinach and cheese, complimented by Emmental potatoes au gratin and buttered haricots verts

Sacchetti Pasta
With Alfredo sauce and sun dried tomatoes coulis

I preordered the chicken online, but it wasn't acknowledged. That's the first time that's happened to me. Still I got what I wanted due to the light load.

The chicken was piping hot and delicious. Stuffing was on the lines of spinach dip, which was tasty. Potatoes au gratin and green beans were tasty. Salad was fresh, and the cocktail shrimp was enjoyable.

And that's where the good part of the flight ended. Only ice cream was offered for dessert. I saw the fruit and cheese plates loaded on to the aircraft (FA opened the carts as we were boarding). But I was told there weren't any loaded when asked about it. FAs disappeared after passing out ice cream, and it became a purely self service flight after that. I went to the galley to ask for a glass of water an hour after that, which begrudgingly given. And guess what I saw in the galley: a couple of fruit and cheese plates. ugh.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 11:02 am
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
I really don't think that a single cookie is an acceptable "First Class" dessert at dinner. This is a significant downgrade in service re: lack of appetizer and a joke of a "dessert".
A cookie for dessert is indeed disappointing for a dinner flight. At least AA has not sunk as low as AM (not yet at least) in offering a packet of cookies labeled "Premier" on international J cabin flights.

Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:06 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
The service aspect sucks, but it's very reassuring to know that Basic Plus service is still on longer midcons. It could either be now 1350/1400+ mile flights that get Basic Plus midcon service, or AA is slowly phasing out Basic Plus service and giving leftovers to existing flights. Hope it's the former, have a feeling it probably is just a higher thereshold.

We still need more reports from longer midcons, and ORD-west coast dinner flights.

Originally Posted by dat4life
AA 211
IAH-JFK
1417 Miles
Dinner

Dinner was excellent tonight. But service provided by our lazy NYC based crew was terrible. It was probably my worse flight of the year in terms of service.

PDB of OJ or Water^

No hot towels

To start with, G&T with delicious Bombay Sapphire.

Dinner was a choice of:

Seared Breast of Chicken
Stuffed with spinach and cheese, complimented by Emmental potatoes au gratin and buttered haricots verts

Sacchetti Pasta
With Alfredo sauce and sun dried tomatoes coulis

I preordered the chicken online, but it wasn't acknowledged. That's the first time that's happened to me. Still I got what I wanted due to the light load.

The chicken was piping hot and delicious. Stuffing was on the lines of spinach dip, which was tasty. Potatoes au gratin and green beans were tasty. Salad was fresh, and the cocktail shrimp was enjoyable.

And that's where the good part of the flight ended. Only ice cream was offered for dessert. I saw the fruit and cheese plates loaded on to the aircraft (FA opened the carts as we were boarding). But I was told there weren't any loaded when asked about it. FAs disappeared after passing out ice cream, and it became a purely self service flight after that. I went to the galley to ask for a glass of water an hour after that, which begrudgingly given. And guess what I saw in the galley: a couple of fruit and cheese plates. ugh.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HYT PLT
I have an upcoming flight in 2 weeks (DFW/SFO), snack service showing:

Open Faced Chicken Sandwich Topped with Swiss cheese and offered with a marinated cheese antipasto

or

Cold Plate Teriyaki beef with udon noodles and ginger dressing

I have not seen these two dishes reviewed yet, has anyone tried these?
Old Sep 28, 2013, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by mialink

Open Faced Chicken Sandwich Topped with Swiss cheese and offered with a marinated cheese antipasto

or

I've been offered those two choices on ORD-DFW in a few days. Decided to be adventurous, and go with the beef.

I think there was one report from tom911 earlier in the year, though I'm not sure if it was the same beef dish.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 5:03 pm

Had the same dinner twice on my LAX-BOS-DFW-ANC-DFW-BOS-LAX mileage run: once on DFW-ANC and again the next night on BOS-LAX (literally a last second, "snatched from my seat in Y" upgrade):

To start:
PDB, followed by cocktails and warm nuts

Appetizer:
Spicy cold chicken breast with corn and black bean salsa

Salad:
Greens with peas, mushrooms, and artichoke hearts

Main Entree:
Fillet Mignon with roasted potatoes and steamed carrots/zucchini (I chose this both times)

or

Cheese lasagne roll (DFW-ANC)
Cheese tortellini (BOS-LAX)

Dessert:
Hand made ice cream sundaes

or

Cheese and cracker plate

Pre-Arrival:
Fresh fruit or fresh baked cookie

(BOS-LAX was lazy on this one...they offered the fresh fruit as a Dessert choice. DFW-ANC was stellar--they gave EVERYONE a Dessert choice PLUS both a cookie AND the fresh fruit!)
Old Sep 28, 2013, 5:23 pm

I'll have SFO-DFW and back this week Wed and Fri, although upgrades have not cleared (about 50/50 chance I'd say), and both are a lunch flight. Those normally didn't have shrimp or ice cream anyway, right? I'll try to remember to ask FAs about catering even if I don't clear. Anything I can ask about to differentiate between Basic and Basic Plus for lunch?

ETA: Lunch on a flight taking off at 3:05 PDT and landing at 8:35 CDT... dinner would have made more sense. Sigh.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 5:35 pm

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by djibouti
I'll have SFO-DFW and back this week Wed and Fri, although upgrades have not cleared (about 50/50 chance I'd say), and both are a lunch flight. Those normally didn't have shrimp or ice cream anyway, right? I'll try to remember to ask FAs about catering even if I don't clear. Anything I can ask about to differentiate between Basic and Basic Plus for lunch?

ETA: Lunch on a flight taking off at 3:05 PDT and landing at 8:35 CDT... dinner would have made more sense. Sigh.
My understanding is that this difference is only @ dinner.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by djibouti

SFO-DFW is a basic plus dinner route.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 6:28 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by mialink

or

I think the beef is this dish. Thought it was pretty tasty and I'd order it again.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by dat4life
I saw the fruit and cheese plates loaded on to the aircraft (FA opened the carts as we were boarding). But I was told there weren't any loaded when asked about it. FAs disappeared after passing out ice cream, and it became a purely self service flight after that. I went to the galley to ask for a glass of water an hour after that, which begrudgingly given. And guess what I saw in the galley: a couple of fruit and cheese plates. ugh.
this might deserve an email to AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.