Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2013, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dat4life
And they sound good too...then again translating that into reality are two completely different things. I'm looking forward to the new breakfast options and pasta dishes.

jammanxc has a sample menu on his blog shared on his post in the A321T thread. Here is the sample menu:
I wonder if those posters who speculate DP/SK were behind the low F seating on the 319s and crowding of Y on the MD80s will credit their 'influence' for improvements as well?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
I wonder if those posters who speculate DP/SK were behind the low F seating on the 319s and crowding of Y on the MD80s will credit their 'influence' for improvements as well?
To be quite fair, it's still way too early to tell. But since US is adopting AA meal windows and service standards, I'm cautiously optimistic. However, I'll bet that at least one or two of the folks on the UA board said something similar in early 2012.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 3:29 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Rumor is American will begin to roll out enhanced trans-con service in January. The enhancements include the merger of lunch and dinner menus (lunch flights will feature dinner meals), three meal choices in both cabins (this is already showing on aa.com for flights in January with meal pre-selection), and light (cold) breakfast before arrival on redeye flights (in addition to light dinner after departure).
This would be amazing if true.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 12:09 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Nice! I just hope this step-up in transcon service, if true, will not come at the expense of cutting back on midcon meals.

Rumor is American will begin to roll out enhanced trans-con service in January. The enhancements include the merger of lunch and dinner menus (lunch flights will feature dinner meals), three meal choices in both cabins (this is already showing on aa.com for flights in January with meal pre-selection), and light (cold) breakfast before arrival on redeye flights (in addition to light dinner after departure).
Old Dec 22, 2013, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
I just did a dummy booking in Jan 7-14 on AA 34 and AA 3, I can choose seats in F but I do not get the screen to choose my meals... anyone else have this issue?
Old Dec 22, 2013, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I just did a dummy booking in Jan 7-14 on AA 34 and AA 3, I can choose seats in F but I do not get the screen to choose my meals... anyone else have this issue?
I can see them:

AA 34, in F, the choices are Cereal, Belgian Waffles or Gruyere and Fontina Cheese omelet

AA 3: Chicken Pot Piet or Lemon Dill Salmon
Old Dec 22, 2013, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold

Also, I believe that F will get an amenity kit, at least once the 32Bs go into service.

It is welcome news, and not surprising, given B6's upcoming Mint service. There is going to be some VERY tough competition on these high-yielding routes. The B6 premium product looks very attractive and is being introduced for $499-599 o/w. Yikes!
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bdemaria
I can see them:

AA 34, in F, the choices are Cereal, Belgian Waffles or Gruyere and Fontina Cheese omelet

AA 3: Chicken Pot Piet or Lemon Dill Salmon
Very interesting, I also did a dummy booking LAX-BOS-LAX and can't see the food items...
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:37 am

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
AA 3352
ATL-LGA
12/20/2013
CRJ-700
6:15am-8:10am (breakfast)

Not shown, a yogurt.

FAs were probably the worst I've had in F, talked loudly during the early morning flight, including with a non-rev buddy who occupied 1A. No PDB offer but enough time to gossip about 'The Voice'
Old Dec 22, 2013, 10:54 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by smashr
I'm really struggling trying to decide what to pre-order for an upcoming IAD-LAX lunch flight:

Turkey Sandwich
Sliced oven-roasted turkey breast with stuffing, cranberry, Brie and a garlic herb spread served on wheat berry bread, offered with pumpkin bisque and crudités

Chilled Mediterranean Prawns
Offered with aïoli tarragon sauce and panzanella salad

Any experience with either?
I rather liked the Chilled Mediterranean Prawns the two times I had them, very tasty.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA Ex Platinum & 1MM, DL PLT, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Today on AA 1281 DFW-BOS

No PDB

Choice of

Beef Fillet Accompanied by jalapeño Jack polenta and green beans

or

Buffalo Chicken Salad-Fresh greens with Buffalo chicken, blue cheese, carrots, celery, cucumbers and ranch dressing

Bread was at FA's discretion (I got the pretzel stick).

Choice of Mac Nut of Chocolate Chip Cookies

No mints

I had the beef-a bit bland, but very tender especially considering the circumstances.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:03 am

Flew 1361 BNA-LAX (4hr 39min scheduled) 704am CT -940am PT Fri Dec 20.

PDB Juice or Water

Breakfast

Cereal (cornflakes) with raisins
Choice of biscuit or bagel - I chose bagel it was hard as a rock.
Small dish of fresh melon

No choice or hot option available.

Seem like the food options are rapidly becoming very unpredictable and not in a good way.

On the trip out via Dallas there were hot options available on the shorter LAX-DFW leg.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 11:55 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I'm thinking this was a one-off catering error, or the FA ran out of the hot option by the time they got to your seat.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nubudu

PDB Juice or Water

Breakfast

Seem like the food options are rapidly becoming very unpredictable and not in a good way.

On the trip out via Dallas there were hot options available on the shorter LAX-DFW leg.
Isn't BNA-LAX double catered? Since the a/c would have arrived the night before, that would probably explain the lack of a hot option.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 1:24 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by nubudu

PDB Juice or Water

Breakfast

There is no hot option. The lack of catering is Nashville specific on all AA and AE flights leaving the airport, unless it's same day and double catered. Flights into this airport follow the regular meal schedule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.