Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2013, 1:33 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Originally Posted by Robt760
There is no hot option. The lack of catering is Nashville specific on all AA and AE flights leaving the airport, unless it's same day and double catered. Flights into this airport follow the regular meal schedule.
No excuse on a flight of that length to only serve cold cereal. AA offers two hot meal options on the dinner BNA-LAX flight. Why does AA have no problem double catering hot meals on that, but it can't double cater on an incoming redeye flight that only serves cookies? Unacceptable.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
deleted. my bad.
Agree that if they can double cater dinner, they should be able to double cater breakfast off of a red-eye turnaround.

Last edited by SFO777; Dec 23, 2013 at 1:57 pm
Old Dec 23, 2013, 10:52 pm

Programs: DL Platinum/SkyTeam Elite Plus
im flying San To miami in a few weeks and was wondering what the choices would be in F..o on these flights..Outbound is a snack and return is dinner...also are the selections onboard as the same as the preordering before the flight?
Old Dec 24, 2013, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by FreqTrav27
im flying San To miami in a few weeks and was wondering what the choices would be in F..o on these flights..Outbound is a snack and return is dinner...also are the selections onboard as the same as the preordering before the flight?
The preorder selections are the same as offered on board. If you are w/in 30 days of departure, you can can do dummy booking for an F ticket and see what the actual choices are.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dat4life
Isn't BNA-LAX double catered? Since the a/c would have arrived the night before, that would probably explain the lack of a hot option.
This is the explanation.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by bdemaria
This is the explanation.
No, it's not. LAXBNA is 2x daily with the second flight being redeye that immediately turns around back to LA. Considering there is no meal service on on the redeye, it doesn't even have to be double catered.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MAH4546
No, it's not. LAXBNA is 2x daily with the second flight being redeye that immediately turns around back to LA. Considering there is no meal service on on the redeye, it doesn't even have to be double catered.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
DFW-LGA Dinner flights always have offered 2 hot entree choices and the sludge sundaes for dessert.

On my last flight this month, flight times 4:50-8:30pm, offered one hot choice and one cold entree salad, and baked-on-board cookies for dessert. I was pretty surprised, since that is more typical for Lunch, not Dinner. (although we did get the shrimp appetizer)

Does anyone know if AA is changing Basic Plus service in the DFW-LGA market? Would be a shame.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
DFW-LGA Dinner flights always have offered 2 hot entree choices and the sludge sundaes for dessert.

On my last flight this month, flight times 4:50-8:30pm, offered one hot choice and one cold entree salad, and baked-on-board cookies for dessert. I was pretty surprised, since that is more typical for Lunch, not Dinner. (although we did get the shrimp appetizer)

Does anyone know if AA is changing Basic Plus service in the DFW-LGA market? Would be a shame.
Your flight was miscatered. It should have had a choice of Bocconcini pasta or grilled herb chicken.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
I hope that's not yet another sign that Basic Plus is being phased out on all midcons. Anyone else who has taken recent, longer dinner midcons, please report if Basic Plus service was offered (shrimp appetizer+salad+entree+sludge ice cream).

Old Dec 25, 2013, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
I hope that's not yet another sign that Basic Plus is being phased out on all midcons. Anyone else who has taken recent, longer dinner midcons, please report if Basic Plus service was offered (shrimp appetizer+salad+entree+sludge ice cream).
It's just a conspiracy that Parker has thought of to screw with the new AA.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 4:52 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
American Airlines
First Class menu
Miami to San Francisco
December 2013

Menu

Starter

Cajun-style Chicken Breast
Served on corn salad

Salad

Seasonal greens and fresh vegetables offered with artichoke, wild mushroom and pea salad

With your choice of pepper cream dressing or premium extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Assorted gourmet breads will be served with your meal

Entrees

Grilled Fillet of Beef
Offered with Gorgonzola and porcini mushroom sauce, whipped potatoes with turnips and wax beans

Stuffed Shells
With pomodoro sauce

Dessert

Traditional Ice Cream Sundae
Vanilla ice cream with your choice of hot fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings, whipped cream and pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate
An assortment of fine cheeses with garnishes

Light Refreshment

Offered prior to arrival

Whole Fruit and Snacks
A selection of fresh seasonal fruit and premium snacks

Cookies
Freshly baked on board

2cls, First, Dinner - Snack
73PM009-73PM188 12/13 103T003-2A

Wine List

Sparkling Wine

Valdo Prosecco Brut, Veneto
Well-balanced Prosecco with a flavorful and aromatic fruity fragrance

White Wines

Ardenwood Chardonnay, California
Tropical fruit characters in this Chardonnay are balanced by subtle nuances of oak and vanilla

The Climber Sauvignon Blanc, Medocino
Citrus, honeydew and tropical fruits on the palate. Crisp acidity leads to pineapple on the finish.

Red Wines

Round Hill Cabernet Sauvignon, California
Ruby red color with aromas of blackberry, plum, vanilla and dark chocolate with smooth tannins.

Viansa Vino Rosso, Sonoma Valley
A Primitivo, Sangiovese, Barbera and Merlot blend, with aromas of berries, vanilla and oak spice.

Spirits

Bacardi Rum
Bombay Sapphire Gin
Tito's Handmade Vodka

Whiskeys

Canadian Club Reserve Blended Whisky
Dewar's White Label Scotch Whisky
Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey
Jim Beam Devil's Cut

Beers

Heineken, Corona Extra and select US beers

Brandy and Liqueurs

Bailey's Irish Cream
Courvoisier VSOP Fine Champagne Cognac
DiSaronno Amaretto

Other Beverages

Carbonated beverages
Still water
Java City 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified coffee
Java City decaffeinated coffee
Tea - Fruit juices - Milk
Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MAH4546
Your flight was miscatered. It should have had a choice of Bocconcini pasta or grilled herb chicken.

Unfortunately, the online preorder system had the lunch-style entrees listed (despite block times of 4:50pm-8:30pm). So, I don't think it was a mistake.

Any other possibilities?
Old Dec 25, 2013, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369

That is EXACTLY what I am worried might be happening.

I don't want to see DFW-LGA go the same route as DFW-WAS/RDU and end up downgraded to Basic.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:59 am

Unfortunately, the online preorder system had the lunch-style entrees listed (despite block times of 4:50pm-8:30pm). So, I don't think it was a mistake.

Any other possibilities?
Odd. I looked at the online preorder and it shows dinner for this flight (the options I mentioned).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.