Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
WOW I did a dummy booking and yes, the SXM-MIA option is Tortilla Soup, however, the flight down has two options listed. It could be that the flight is double catered? But still pretty poor to have just one option...
We had two options down but there was no option on the return. First time I've had that happen. If you didn't want soup, you were SOL

AJ
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by aj411
We had two options down but there was no option on the return. First time I've had that happen. If you didn't want soup, you were SOL

AJ
I'm not too sure if it has to do with the fact that it was a double catered flight...
Old Dec 18, 2013, 4:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
I'm not too sure if it has to do with the fact that it was a double catered flight...
It could be but first time I've had no choice on anything. Has anyone seen this elsewhere?
There wasn't enough else on the plate to pick and choose from to make a meal - there might have been had all of the catering options been on each plate. At least that might have constituted a snack.
In our case it was a rough flight and it looked like many people didn't brave trying to eat a tomato based soup without wearing it.

-AJ
Old Dec 18, 2013, 10:34 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
AA 2204 MSY-MIA 0600-0850 737-800
No PDB

Once in the air, the F/A came around with OJ and Water on a tray saying "juice or water?". She did get other drinks when asked for it but it seemed lazy that she was just trying to imply the selections on the tray were all that were offered. Also, when I asked for some biscoff I was told there weren't any. The flight was frankly a crappy use of upgrade stickers

AA 124 MIA-RDU 1015-1215 737-800
PDB of OJ or Water. Same crew as the last flight actually but they were better this ago around.

Choice of:
Roast Beef Wrap
Offered with vegetable crudite

Chilled Chicken Salad
With pears, roasted beets and goat cheese

Pre-Selected entree choices were acknowledged ^

The salad was actually pretty good even though I think the combination of pears, roasted beets, goat cheese and walnuts is a bit odd. Also, my Dad's salad had no pears on it. The salad seemed popular, everyone in row 3 and 4AB had it. First flight I took with Sam Adams on it...sure beats Corona. Cookie choices were chocolate chip or oatmeal cranberry.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 11:04 pm

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CMK10
AA 2204 MSY-MIA 0600-0850 737-800
First flight I took with Sam Adams on it...sure beats Corona. Cookie choices were chocolate chip or oatmeal cranberry.
I had Sam Adams on AA for the first time around Thanksgiving... they had run out of Heineken.

Prior to that, I had never seen Sam Adams in a can before.

Also, funny side note... the FA had no idea how to pour a beer. She came by when I was halfway through it, picked up the can, and dumped the rest into my glass. She quickly headed back toward the galley, and a few seconds later, the beer foamed up over the top of the glass and all over the traytable. My seatmate on the aisle side, who was an older woman (probably in her 70s, but whose last name was Kelly... good Irish name!) looked appalled and quickly shouted to get the her attention. The FA came back and profusely apologized, stating "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I don't drink beer... actually I don't drink at all."

Last edited by metallo; Dec 18, 2013 at 11:12 pm
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:54 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by txrus
AA 1506 DFW-BOS
Today 11:25 - 3:50

Lunch entree choice of
Lemon Grass Salmon w/fresh greens, pineapple, mango, jícama, radish and Asian sesame dressing
or
Cornmeal Crusted Chicken
Served w/roasted sweet potatoes and corn maque choux
I'm trying to decide between those two for an upcoming flight. What are they like? Is the chicken dried out? Is the salmon fishy?

Originally Posted by Ambraciot
These have been the options for my last three AA lunch flights... we need more menu variation, not that they weren't quite nice the first couple times.
Can you comment on either or both?

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
[B]AA33

Is that dapper fellow in the natty suit and tie your reflection?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:06 am

Programs: AA PP, Hilton/MR Gold
I'm really struggling trying to decide what to pre-order for an upcoming IAD-LAX lunch flight:

Turkey Sandwich
Sliced oven-roasted turkey breast with stuffing, cranberry, Brie and a garlic herb spread served on wheat berry bread, offered with pumpkin bisque and crudités

Chilled Mediterranean Prawns
Offered with aïoli tarragon sauce and panzanella salad

Any experience with either?
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by anabolism
I'm trying to decide between those two for an upcoming flight. What are they like? Is the chicken dried out? Is the salmon fishy?

I had both on LAX/AUS this week (my SO ordered the salmon and I ordered the chicken). The chicken is pretty thin but the breading is somewhat sweet and the sauce keeps it moist. I actually liked it but the FA told the pax behind me he would only eat the salmon if there were extras so YMMV. The chicken is served with a little salad of tomatoes and onions. The salmon should be described as a salmon salad. It's a cold filet ontop of the listed greens. It's a nice entree, lighter than the chicken, but is just the one big salad no side. It wasn't fishy by any means.

I think the salmon is probably better but I would personally prefer the chicken again.

Last edited by WheelsFirst; Dec 20, 2013 at 10:36 am Reason: Typo
Old Dec 20, 2013, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Is that dapper fellow in the natty suit and tie your reflection?
haha

I'll have a couple pics online in the next day or so of the dishes you were asking about. I enjoyed the chicken quite a bit.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by smashr
I'm really struggling trying to decide what to pre-order for an upcoming IAD-LAX lunch flight:

Turkey Sandwich
Sliced oven-roasted turkey breast with stuffing, cranberry, Brie and a garlic herb spread served on wheat berry bread, offered with pumpkin bisque and crudités

Chilled Mediterranean Prawns
Offered with aïoli tarragon sauce and panzanella salad

Any experience with either?
Had these choices in F on a MIA-LAX 3 class flight yesterday. This was a long flight so I chose the sandwich. It was so-so. It was warm but was difficult to eat as it had so much stuff in it that it all kept oozing out of the bread. My wife through it was great It was filling, however, and was preceded by a quite large salad with a grilled chicken breast. The whole meal just didn't seem to go together (e.g. a salad with a chicken breast and then a sandwich with turkey). The pumpkin soup was OK but not terribly tasty. I did see the prawns and it looked like 5 large chilled prawns on a bed of lettuce. I would say that would be more suitable for a light eater.

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 20, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: AA PP, Hilton/MR Gold
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Had these choices in F on a MIA-LAX 3 class flight yesterday. This was a long flight so I chose the sandwich. It was so-so. It was warm but was difficult to eat as it had so much stuff in it that it all kept oozing out of the bread. My wife through it was great It was filling, however, and was preceded by a quite large salad with a grilled chicken breast. The whole meal just didn't seem to go together (e.g. a salad with a chicken breast and then a sandwich with turkey). The pumpkin soup was OK but not terribly tasty. I did see the prawns and it looked like 5 large chilled prawns on a bed of lettuce. I would say that would be more suitable for a light eater.

Hope this helps.
Thank you, it does! I suspect in 2-class F, I would not have the protein+salad in advance, but I think you've pushed me over the edge to order the sandwich. A 5.5 hour flight that firmly covers lunch time will not suffice with 5 shrimp...
Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT

I had the salmon last week, it was fine, served cold on greens w/a sesame/asian dressing on the side. I didn't understand the reasoning behind the mangoes/pineapple - but they are easy to remove.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold MVP
Rumor is American will begin to roll out enhanced trans-con service in January. The enhancements include the merger of lunch and dinner menus (lunch flights will feature dinner meals), three meal choices in both cabins (this is already showing on aa.com for flights in January with meal pre-selection), and light (cold) breakfast before arrival on redeye flights (in addition to light dinner after departure).
Old Dec 21, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
AA 3291 (CR7)
ORD 15:15
IAH 17:55
Refreshments
(listed on schedule)

Choice of Grilled Chicken Salad or Three Small Sandwiches

Sandwiches were ham and cheese, tomato and cheese, and turkey and cheese

Has anybody had a situation where schedule on AA.com listed as refreshments but actually meals were served? When a flight attendant asked about having lunch I told her that I thought no meals on this flight. Flight attendants were doing ORD-IAH-LAX-SJC that particular day but the aircraft returned back to ORD as ORD-IAH-ORD and return segment was same flight number AA 3291. I asked a flight attendant if she was sure meals were served on this flight mentioned the return IAH-ORD leg was same AA 3291 flight number. Flight attendants looked for double catered meals, at IAH there is no catering service for CR7. Flight attendants looked like they were sure meals were served on ORD-IAH segment. I still hope that a flight attendant did not serve us IAH-ORD meals by mistake. Little nice surprise since I was not expecting meals.

Last edited by AlwaysAisle; Dec 21, 2013 at 1:29 pm
Old Dec 21, 2013, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Rumor is American will begin to roll out enhanced trans-con service in January. The enhancements include the merger of lunch and dinner menus (lunch flights will feature dinner meals), three meal choices in both cabins (this is already showing on aa.com for flights in January with meal pre-selection), and light (cold) breakfast before arrival on redeye flights (in addition to light dinner after departure).
And they sound good too...then again translating that into reality are two completely different things. I'm looking forward to the new breakfast options and pasta dishes.

jammanxc has a sample menu on his blog shared on his post in the A321T thread. Here is the sample menu:

Originally Posted by jammanxc
In-flight Dining for First Class and Business Class:

American is enhancing the transcontinental premium food and beverage service with new entrees, appetizers, salads and desserts.

Breakfast Flights:

Menu options may include:

- Gruyere and fontina cheese omelet with mushrooms accompanied by roasted red pepper potatoes and chicken apple sausage.
- Belgian waffles with sea salted caramel topping served with chicken apple sausage
- Tomato, leek and turkey bacon strata served with seasoned potatoes and chicken apple sausage.
- Smoked salmon and bagel accompanied by Bibb leaf lettuce, fresh sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, caper berry, and whipped cream cheese

Additionally, an espresso and cappuccino machine will be able for First Class customers only.

Lunch and Dinner Flights:

Appetizer choice may include:

Sliced sirloin with corn salsa

Thai seasoned chicken breast with grilled pineapple and watermelon served with Asian mint dressing.

Entrees may include:

- Grilled beef filet served with green and yellow haricot verts and roasted garlic mashed potatoes.
- Shrimp scampi with roasted tomato garlic cream sauce served with creamy polenta accompanied by roasted asparagus.
- Butternut squash gnocchi with sautéed spinach, butternut squash, and sage cream sauce.
- Grilled beef filet served with sautéed spinach and kale accompanied by potatoes au gratin.
- Pumpkin seed encrusted chicken breast with brown butter sauce served with sugar snap peas and mashed sweet potatoes.
- Pasta duo of cheese tortellini with pesto alfredo sauce and Florentine manicotti with Mediterranean tomato sauce.

Red-Eye Flights:

Customers flying on overnight flights will be offered a light dinner and a wake-up breakfast featuring fruit smoothies and warmed breakfast breads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.