Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2024, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by blue bear
But they are proof you flew the flight. I had to do this dance twice with AA and BA to get miles credited to my AS account.
Well, technically they are proof you printed the boarding pass (or someone else did it for you). I never understood why airlines seem to think that it proves anything else. My two theories are

- they save money if they can deny the credit if you don’t retain a boarding pass
- the boarding pass is a reliable way to get all the information they would need to find your flight record (vs information provided by the traveler, with typos etc.)
Old Mar 23, 2024, 4:18 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Well, technically they are proof you printed the boarding pass (or someone else did it for you). I never understood why airlines seem to think that it proves anything else. My two theories are...
Don't give them any hazy ideas here.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Originally Posted by blue bear
Do you still have the paper boarding pass?
Yes, but it was a combined boarding pass IAD-SFO-SLC where the Mobile passes were for each segment.

FWIW, I'm done dealing with AS. They win the war of attrition. I have 2 more flights booked this spring and then it is buyer beware and bye bye...

..no interest in wasting time with these clowns trying to claw back some $$$.

Cheers,

-Cyborg
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Newbie to Alaska awards and am stumped. I'm looking at partner awards all on AA metal (using Alaska points) and see availability separately for STL-LGA and JFK-FCO, but when I try to book STL-FCO, it forces a stop in DCA or PHL or CLT. I presume this is because there would be an airport change in NYC (it's a 12 hour connection though). Is there any way to force that award other than booking multi-city and paying separately for the segments?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 8:29 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Newbie to Alaska awards and am stumped. I'm looking at partner awards all on AA metal (using Alaska points) and see availability separately for STL-LGA and JFK-FCO, but when I try to book STL-FCO, it forces a stop in DCA or PHL or CLT. I presume this is because there would be an airport change in NYC (it's a 12 hour connection though). Is there any way to force that award other than booking multi-city and paying separately for the segments?
I'm finding lately the only way to book an AA award with a connection is to do it via Multi-City. First leg would be STL-LGA, and second leg JFK-FCO. It shouldn't charge you the individual fares. It'll come out to be the NA-Europe fare, likely 30K (Y) or 57.5 (J). I just tried this for some dates mid-May and it worked.

It also works if you book arriving into NYC a day before.

Nurse Traveler likes this.

Last edited by WillTravel4Food; Mar 26, 2024 at 8:39 am Reason: Added screen shots.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 9:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
I'm finding lately the only way to book an AA award with a connection is to do it via Multi-City. First leg would be STL-LGA, and second leg JFK-FCO. It shouldn't charge you the individual fares. It'll come out to be the NA-Europe fare, likely 30K (Y) or 57.5 (J). I just tried this for some dates mid-May and it worked.

It also works if you book arriving into NYC a day before.

OH THANK YOU! This is the info I needed. Very helpful. I'll try that.

Update: And it worked! Thank you!
WillTravel4Food and samosa like this.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Mar 26, 2024 at 6:41 pm
Old Mar 26, 2024, 4:46 pm

Status

Hi, I am curious if I credit miles from hotel bookings via Rocketmiles to Milage plan are they eligible towards status like in American or not? Can I reach status only with hotel bookings and without flying?
Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by Jorro
Hi, I am curious if I credit miles from hotel bookings via Rocketmiles to Milage plan are they eligible towards status like in American or not? Can I reach status only with hotel bookings and without flying?
Nope--sorry
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
Should be immediate in my experience; certainly within the time frame between your flown flight and present time.
Can't confirm this. I reached 75k almost three weeks ago. No 50k bonus yet... status changed a few days later though.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by KiFly
Can't confirm this. I reached 75k almost three weeks ago. No 50k bonus yet... status changed a few days later though.
Why not call Alaska and inquire? I have been 75K for a number of years now, and have received 50K bonus miles instantly without fails as soon as the qualifying flight gets credited, basically as soon as the qualifying flight arrives at the gate.
Nurse Traveler and samosa like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:00 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Why not call Alaska and inquire? I have been 75K for a number of years now, and have received 50K bonus miles instantly without fails as soon as the qualifying flight gets credited, basically as soon as the qualifying flight arrives at the gate.
For a long time I noticed the credit happening right when the wheels hit the ground. In the last month or so though it would generally take about an hour. Wearing dust-proof goggles I’ll monitor that particularly carefully tomorrow in light of my return to 75K.
samosa likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:20 pm

Programs: Platinum
Hi AS Flyertalk! I am a longtime UA flyer flying Alaska for the first time in over a decade to join my wife on a business trip. My old Alaska account seems to have been suspended, so I've created a new one. I'm trying to add my Known Traveller Number (KTN), or Pass ID, but the website doesn't give me that account page. I'm currently using a MacBook Pro (2020 M1), and i'v tried Safari and Firefox, with and without trackers and cookies accepted. iPad and iPhone doesn't seem to work, and I'm not seeing any options on the Alaska App.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
samosa likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:59 pm

Programs: Platinum
Originally Posted by frankmu
Hi AS Flyertalk! I am a longtime UA flyer flying Alaska for the first time in over a decade to join my wife on a business trip. My old Alaska account seems to have been suspended, so I've created a new one. I'm trying to add my Known Traveller Number (KTN), or Pass ID, but the website doesn't give me that account page. I'm currently using a MacBook Pro (2020 M1), and i'v tried Safari and Firefox, with and without trackers and cookies accepted. iPad and iPhone doesn't seem to work, and I'm not seeing any options on the Alaska App.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
Never mind, iPhone Safari finally let me add the KTN
samosa likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:01 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Never mind, iPhone Safari finally let me add the KTN
It may also be of interest to you that saved passport information needs to be called in. You can add it online to a reservation, but in my experience it will not stick beyond this reservation.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Hi AS Flyertalk! I am a longtime UA flyer flying Alaska for the first time in over a decade to join my wife on a business trip. My old Alaska account seems to have been suspended, so I've created a new one.
That may have been unnecessary:

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...s/faq-benefits

Do my miles expire?Mileage Plan miles do not expire

If miles don’t expire, does that mean my account will remain active indefinitely?For account security purposes, we will continue to lock accounts that have been inactive for more than 2 years. If your account has been locked due to inactivity, call Guest Care to verify your identity, and they’ll reactivate the account for you. All miles in the account will still be there for you to use.
It may not matter if you don’t foresee MM status in your future, but maybe you had some miles that can be restored?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.