Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Old Mar 19, 2024, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, WN CP, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by cyborg
All I was asking is that Alaska confirm that I did indeed fly that segment and that they would report that to BA. Bad doggie on AS part here..
Mileage fixup after the fact seems to be a complete disaster. I tried to get an AS flight that was credited to AA moved back to AS, and although AA removed it from my account and said they sent it to AS, AS has not added it and keeps insisting AA has to write them a letter. On paper. I've given up.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 9:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
So, I contacted Alaska using text and they referred me to the 800 number. After an hour of call back and transfer, the told be they would end the call, hang up as there was nothing else they could do. All I asked for was confirmation that they have communicated with BA that I did indeed take the IAD-SFO flight in F (paid) such that I would get BAEC credit. Wow, just wow...
All I was asking is that Alaska confirm that I did indeed fly that segment and that they would report that to BA.
That's disappointing to hear. I remember calling into one of the -800 numbers a couple years ago when I had a similar issue with an AS flight not crediting to AA (and AA giving me a hard time about it claiming that my AA FFN wasn't on the reservation), and the AS phone agent proactively offered to send me a formal email detailing the specific flight that showed on their end that it had my AA FFN attached to it, which really helped in dealing with AA.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 9:36 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Options When Cancelling a Ticket?

AS offers 3 options for cancelling a nonrefundable ticket. You can place the funds in your AS Wallet, send the travel credit to email, or send the cancelled ticket to e-mail. The last option offers 19-month validity, while the first two offer only 12-month validity. What is the downside of the last option? Note: the ticket was bought through a travel agency.

Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2024, 3:43 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hilton Honors Gold; Avis Presidents Club
Confused on open tickets

I got a discount code of 100$ from an earlier travel mishap. I booked a flight from SEA to PDX that was 150$ in FC, but then cancelled it and turned it into an open ticket (if you cancel it outright u lose the discount code?). Now im trying to use that open ticket to book a flight from SEA to EWR which costs roughly 200$ in main. So i call to book and then they have to transfer me to another department to process it (due to the discount code) and then put me on hold for like 20 minutes and finally i try to get my payment done and the call just drops. never had to deal with this before but for some reason the flight shows up as ticketed (under the old ticket) and im super confused. Am i good? Will AS deduct this from my wallet balance? Sorry if this is a dumb question
Old Mar 20, 2024, 10:06 am

Programs: AAdvantage, DL SkyMiles, TrueBlue, Marriott Bonvoy, Amtrak Rewards
I have a flight next week (AS 370) which is eligible for this request. Since both the morning and evening flights out of PHL use a Max 9, would I be able to switch onto AA metal if I wanted to?

Old Mar 20, 2024, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by A319 V2500
I have a flight next week (AS 370) which is eligible for this request. Since both the morning and evening flights out of PHL use a Max 9, would I be able to switch onto AA metal if I wanted to?

No-- just a refund.
A319 V2500 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 9:46 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K Hilton Diamond
A traveling companion paid just under 10K through Alaska for a JAL business seat. Trouble is JAL CS unable to assign him a seat after multiple phone calls, telling him he has to wait until day before flight. Their suggestion cancel through Alaska and rebook through JAL, at a now much higher price. I've booked JAL business seats with Alaska miles and was able to get assigned seating through JAL website after a week or so after booking. Suggestions?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 8:01 am

Just reached 80,000 EQM on Monday. How long does it take for assigning the MVP 75k status and the 50k bonus miles?
Old Mar 21, 2024, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Is there some kind of contract negotiation going on between FAs and AS? On a recent flight, the lead FA's ID lanyard has "Contract Now" on it.

Originally Posted by HejBjarne
Just reached 80,000 EQM on Monday. How long does it take for assigning the MVP 75k status and the 50k bonus miles?
Should be immediate in my experience; certainly within the time frame between your flown flight and present time.
samosa likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Is there some kind of contract negotiation going on between FAs and AS? On a recent flight, the lead FA's ID lanyard has "Contract Now" on it.
Alaska Air flight attendants have been flying under an expired contract since 2022; they haven't had a major update to their contract besides minor raises since 2014.

I encourage you to Google this as there is a lot of information and misinformation out there, and much of what you will read on forums is misinformation.

-J.
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 10:42 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
All I was asking is that Alaska confirm that I did indeed fly that segment and that they would report that to BA. Bad doggie on AS part here...

Cheers,

Cyborg
Do you still have the paper boarding pass?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 11:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by blue bear
Do you still have the paper boarding pass?
Most AS paper boarding passes that I've received in past few years don't have FFN on them though.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:03 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
But they are proof you flew the flight. I had to do this dance twice with AA and BA to get miles credited to my AS account.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by econ
Most AS paper boarding passes that I've received in past few years don't have FFN on them though.
I avoid paper boarding passes, but sometimes can't check-in online or in the all on back-to-back MRs. FFN is masked but the last few digits are there in your boarding. They are in smaller font, but they are there.
samosa likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
I avoid paper boarding passes, but sometimes can't check-in online or in the all on back-to-back MRs. FFN is masked but the last few digits are there in your boarding. They are in smaller font, but they are there.
Good to know there is something there now. I haven't had one printed out in over a year, but the ones that I got from a kiosk or from a gate agent didn't have anything on there.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.