Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old! (2023-2024)

Old Feb 28, 2024, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Arsene Wenger
Does anyone know if itís possible for AS to change the account/milage balance a partner award is booked from without cancelling and rebooking ticket?

I jumped and booked a couple of business awards for my partner and I on the same reservation as I didnít want the space to go away while calling in. Ideally weíd each pay for our own now that we have the reservation, but Iím not sure that is possible and I donít want to cancel and bank on the space coming back to rebook. I ask as the front line AS person I spoke with said it wasnít, but Iím not sure if a FTer had one of the more experienced/old partner desk agents make it happen in the past and I just need to HUCA.
I expect that this is technically possible but disfavored because it would be a complicated transaction. Reservation doesn't need cancellation but ticket needs to be refunded and reissued with a different form of payment (miles from the other account). So it may be against policy and also above the pay grade of most AS employees, but as a technical matter, it can be done.

I'd check to see if a single award seat opens and if so, book with the partner's miles, then split the first PNR and eat the $12.50 partner fee.
notquiteaff and Arsene Wenger like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:39 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Canceling Travel Agency Tickets to AS Wallet?

I'm forced to buy through a travel agency if I want to realize certain credit card benefits. Is it correct that once 24 hours have passed, I can cancel AS tickets bought from Capital One Travel, Amex etc., then the funds will not be refunded to my credit card, but instead they'll be placed in AS Wallet and the airline will directly issue future tickets using those funds? If so, do the funds have to be used within one year of the travel agency charge? And they can be used for anyone's travel?

Thanks...
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:47 am

Programs: ASMVP100K, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Explore
I'm forced to buy through a travel agency if I want to realize certain credit card benefits. Is it correct that once 24 hours have passed, I can cancel AS tickets bought from Capital One Travel, Amex etc., then the funds will not be refunded to my credit card, but instead they'll be placed in AS Wallet and the airline will directly issue future tickets using those funds? If so, do the funds have to be used within one year of the travel agency charge? And they can be used for anyone's travel?

Thanks...
I can't speak for all of the OTAs, but from what I recall, Amex Travel gave me a credit that I could use on only Alaska airlines, but I still had to call Amex Travel to use it. Perhaps there was another work around I wasn't aware of, or things have changed since. The credit had a year expiration on it.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:55 am

Programs: AA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, AS 75k
Originally Posted by Explore

Thanks...
The answer is that it depends. Usually, it goes back in a voucher (not wallet) to be used through that same agency. However, I have, in multiple cases, had funds go to my wallet from multiple agencies when I changed flights. I have never cancelled, though.
Explore likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 3:03 pm

yes they do
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Anyone know why AS380 (LAX-FLL) today (March 9, 2024) is delayed by almost 2 hrs? Inbound flight (AS1312 SEA-LAX) is en route and on time. Thanks!

An logical explanation might min. crew rest not met for the assigned AS380 team??
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Anyone know why AS380 (LAX-FLL) today (March 9, 2024) is delayed by almost 2 hrs? Inbound flight (AS1312 SEA-LAX) is en route and on time. Thanks!
Maybe the crew that is supposed to fly AS380 arrived late?
samosa and Repooc17 like this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Maybe the crew that is supposed to fly AS380 arrived late?
Thanks. Yeah, I was just thinking of that.

Old Mar 9, 2024, 11:27 am

Programs: AA EXP DL Plat BA Gold
Per Expertflyer...
Repooc17 likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 3:48 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
If your flight departs at 6p tomorrow, can you check in today at 6p or 5p?

If your flight departs at 6p on Tuesday, does the 72 hour Premium seat upgrade window for Gold open today at 6p or 5p?
Old Mar 9, 2024, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
If I bought a business class flight marketed by Delta but operated by LATAM, it doesnít earn credit with Alaska right? Sorry, still confused by this since coming over from United.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP DL Plat BA Gold
Originally Posted by vanillabean
If your flight departs at 6p tomorrow, can you check in today at 6p or 5p?

If your flight departs at 6p on Tuesday, does the 72 hour Premium seat upgrade window for Gold open today at 6p or 5p?
Funny you should bring up point 1. My flight leaves at 6:05pm on Sunday. I got multiple notifications to check in around 5pm on Saturday. I went to check in but I was told it was too early.
vanillabean likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2024, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by xfisgsm
If I bought a business class flight marketed by Delta but operated by LATAM, it doesnít earn credit with Alaska right? Sorry, still confused by this since coming over from United.

I think thatís right.

ĒTo qualify, flights must be within the LATAM Airlines flight number range (LA) 1Ė805, 808Ė4799, or 7500Ė8299, and be marketed and operated by LATAM Airlines. The two-letter airline code (LA) must precede the flight number (for example, LA XXXX) on your ticket receipt or boarding pass.Ē

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...partners-latam
samosa likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by catmndu
Per Expertflyer...
Thank you. Was initially 2 hrs, then reduced to an hr as per your EF screenshot.

FLL was a mess yesterday. I was on the following flight to SFO (AS426)...crew got stuck at security. Departure route got shut down after aircraft pushed back and started taxiing. Got into SFO at around 130am. 2 hrs late anyway.

Interestingly, the flight seemed to have been assigned an one-time flight number. Previous flights had used 371, as are upcoming flights. Only Saturday's used 426.
catmndu likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:30 am

I want to book a trip to Hawaii for my family of 4 (wife + 2 kids (under 12)). I currently have MVP status with Alaska. My wife and I both have a companion fare we can use. Is there a way for us to book so we all can get access to the elite seats? If I booked mine and my wife's ticket and we select the upgraded seat based on status and then my wife books the 2 kids seats will they seat us all together? Is it even possible to book 2 kids and use the companion fare if the person who has the fare is not on that itinerary? Otherwise we would have to each book one for the kids and I wouldn't be able to take advantage of status without breaking up our family seating.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.