Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Change to Fare Classes and Class of Service Bonuses (3/31/21)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change to Fare Classes and Class of Service Bonuses (3/31/21)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2021, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Just finished a flight in I class, booked before the announcement was made and earned a 50% bonus. I’ll be writing in to AS to get my miles and I’ll post updates here.
Robert, NoLaGent, pcoll and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 6:17 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Just finished a flight in I class, booked before the announcement was made and earned a 50% bonus. I’ll be writing in to AS to get my miles and I’ll post updates here.
Thank you, I have (4) upcoming I segments later this month, so I'm very curious as to the response.
RAD_PDX likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 6:44 pm

Programs: AS MVPG (R.I.P 75K), DL, HH Gold
Was the bonus added in separately under Special Services?
Old Apr 1, 2021, 7:10 pm

RAD_PDX Only 50% Or the 1.5 (I class) x 1.5 (flight bonus) = 2.25? We just had a similar I class flight yesterday on 3/31 (booked before the change announcement) and only got the 2.25 multiplier for Elite miles. First leg got the 2.625x but return the 2.25x.

Agreed that it should be the 1.5 x 1.75 (previous I class) = 2.625 multiplier. Will be curious what you hear.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 9:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bon mot
Was the bonus added in separately under Special Services?
No, it was added all in one line (Base + Bonus = Total Miles)

Originally Posted by Tussis
RAD_PDX Only 50% Or the 1.5 (I class) x 1.5 (flight bonus) = 2.25? We just had a similar I class flight yesterday on 3/31 (booked before the change announcement) and only got the 2.25 multiplier for Elite miles. First leg got the 2.625x but return the 2.25x.

Agreed that it should be the 1.5 x 1.75 (previous I class) = 2.625 multiplier. Will be curious what you hear.
As a 75K on an I fare, I did in fact get the 1.5 x 1.5 for EQMs. For RDMs, the multiplier works out to 2.75x vs the old 3.0x for I fares.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 11:51 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Long thread I didn't read it all but I skimmed it.

FYI: My flight in paid F ( D class) on 31 March got the new formula for RDMs.The website today shows the new formula was to take affect on 31 March.

Based on that flight, I expect credits for future flights to use the new formula.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 8:53 am
Original Poster

anteater I was just denied the credit. Could you see what your contact has to say before I raise a fuss?
olouie and pcoll like this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 9:03 am

Programs: Yes
anteater I was just denied the credit. Could you see what your contact has to say before I raise a fuss?
Sure, DM me with purchase date and other details.
pcoll likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:47 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by anteater
Sure, DM me with purchase date and other details.
Waiting to see what the outcome will be. Several flights booked before announcement of COS bonus change. Most flights were booked in December 2020.
Not happy that AS continued to promote COS bonus for First (I fares) as 75%, until end of March.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pcoll
Waiting to see what the outcome will be. Several flights booked before announcement of COS bonus change. Most flights were booked in December 2020.
Not happy that AS continued to promote COS bonus for First (I fares) as 75%, until end of March.
They are still promoting the 75% bonus (https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...ce/first-class)
"Plus, you’ll earn 75% more Mileage Plan bonus miles with your First Class ticket purchase."
It's very deceiving. It should say "up to 75%" and/or include an asterisk that details that only full fare F tickets earn 75%.
bmvaughn likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by pcoll
If you’ve already taken the flights and need help feel free to DM me.

edit due to PMs:

Offer is open to anyone. If you feel that you were incorrectly denied the 75% CoS bonus for EQMs feel free to PM me and I'll pass it along. 🤙🏻

Last edited by anteater; Apr 9, 2021 at 1:55 pm
Old Apr 9, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
They are still promoting the 75% bonus (https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...ce/first-class)
"Plus, you’ll earn 75% more Mileage Plan bonus miles with your First Class ticket purchase."
It's very deceiving. It should say "up to 75%" and/or include an asterisk that details that only full fare F tickets earn 75%.
It should "say up to 100%" since full-fare J class tickets earn 100% COS now.
NoLaGent, pcoll, anteater and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 3:26 pm

Programs: AS
thanks for the heads up...did not realize the F - COS bonus language was still on AS site, as before announcement.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 1:21 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
I was told that the 50% EQM promo only applies to base miles and not to the COS bonus.

So Base + .75 Base + .5 Base is the correct EQM amount owed for I class purchased before the devaluation.

Was the agent incorrect?
Old Apr 11, 2021, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
I was told that the 50% EQM promo only applies to base miles and not to the COS bonus.

So Base + .75 Base + .5 Base is the correct EQM amount owed for I class purchased before the devaluation.

Was the agent incorrect?
Thats right (1.5x1.75=2.625 multiplier)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.