Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Change to Fare Classes and Class of Service Bonuses (3/31/21)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change to Fare Classes and Class of Service Bonuses (3/31/21)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2021, 7:14 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I replied back that it was disappointing and that while I understand the need to align with AA, I don't see the need to act like AA.
Better get used to it. AS chose to enter into the alliance, and now they must bow down to their new overlords.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 7:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
I replied back that it was disappointing and that while I understand the need to align with AA, I don't see the need to act like AA.
Feedback is important but let’s all remember to not kill the messengers (not saying you are)
dayone likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 1:49 am

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
This really sucks. I have 4 first class tickets booked but 2 of them are after Mar 31. I am thinking of calling and asking for a refund since they have changed this after I already purchased the ticket.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 2:02 am

Programs: AA MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Is it really that unreasonable to expect to receive what Alaska said you would when you made the purchase?
Must read the tea leaves...................................
Old Jan 30, 2021, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by GumboCook
This really sucks. I have 4 first class tickets booked but 2 of them are after Mar 31. I am thinking of calling and asking for a refund since they have changed this after I already purchased the ticket.
Good luck. Was told no refund except for future credit because it wasn’t a schedule change etc.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 8:50 am

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Kara sent me the exact reply, well, except my name isn't XXXX. Big disappointment.
I guess they assigned this to Kara.
Partner received same as above, also from Kara.

Last edited by pcoll; Feb 17, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Old Jan 30, 2021, 9:02 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pcoll
received same as above, also from Kara.
I too received the same response from Kara.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I will say that my reply was at least slightly more personal and addressed the points I had mentioned. It also said that my concerns were being passed along to managers in customer care and mileage plan. Not sure any of the matters...
jsguyrus and anteater like this.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 5:42 pm

This just in — “Alaska Airlines to Change Name to Sky High Airlines as part of joining OW Alliance”.

Does anyone have two quarters for $5?
LWkitty likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by pcoll
received same as above, also from Kara.
her twin sister Sara sent my almost-identical reply ... and also managed to misspell my first name
Old Jan 30, 2021, 7:58 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I've emailed Alaska about this change. I find it incredibly customer unfriendly that they continue to advertise the 75% extra miles when paying for first class and they plan to take that away for already-purchased tickets.

This seems pretty straightforward to me... here's my single selfish case where I want them to honor what the earning rate was at the time of purchase: We paid to change the fare class on two existing tickets from main to I class for $120, on the promise of those miles. In our case, the mileage difference between 75% earning and 50% earning is 566 miles. I struggle to think that those miles are worth $120 to Alaska, but if they prefer not to give us the miles I'm okay downgrading back to coach.

Also... I expect there's more to come on 2/23... I expect to see X/R/T/G earn less than 100% miles.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 9:05 pm

I expected X no to longer earn 100% eqm. R should stay the same (fingers crossed).
Old Jan 30, 2021, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
I expected X no to longer earn 100% eqm. R should stay the same (fingers crossed).
I really hope it's JUST the X fare class affected. It's a good way to differentiate things now especially with free changes for main cabin fares, and to get people to book main cabin for yet another reason.

I'm worried about Alaska implementing a revenue program... I think they could have held off for another 5 years in a non-pandemic world, but in a post-Covid situation I worry it will come much sooner.
Old Jan 30, 2021, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by olouie
Good luck. Was told no refund except for future credit because it wasn’t a schedule change etc.
guess I will hope for a schedule change then. I already have more than enough booked to requal as a 75k. It is really about the principle behind this change.
I switched from AA to AS when AA went revenue based and was really happy with AS, but all good things come to pass.
good luck AS flyers and safe travels.
MileageMule likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
If it goes revenue based I just won’t worry about it anymore and book with whatever carrier has the better price and/or schedule. If I want F I will pay for it and be done with the complexities of trying to retain status on Alaska or anyone else.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.