Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Change to Fare Classes and Class of Service Bonuses (3/31/21)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change to Fare Classes and Class of Service Bonuses (3/31/21)

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2021, 6:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by anteater
While I hope AS CC improves with this matter, anyone is welcome to DM me should they need help. 🤙🏻
Mahalo! I'll wait until my next (and final) upcoming trip where this will be an issue.
anteater likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I received a reply this morning. Polite, but missed the EQM point ....

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your mileage plan miles.

I regret the promotion of the class of service changed and you only received 50% instead of 75% of miles on your recent trip to Hawaii. As a customer service gesture, I have added 1,364 miles to your account to make up the missing 25% you would have received.

As always, thank you for flying with Alaska and being a valued long time Elite member with us!
pcoll likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 9:48 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K

I regret the promotion of the class of service changed and you only received 50% instead of 75% of miles on your recent trip to Hawaii. As a customer service gesture, I have added 1,364 miles to your account to make up the missing 25% you would have received.

As always, thank you for flying with Alaska and being a valued long time Elite member with us!
Might be worth giving a call to the Mileage Plan line to see if they can help correct it? 800-654-5669
Old May 6, 2021, 10:01 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
How long was the turnaround? Some feedback options seem to take more time than others.
Old May 6, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: Yes

Did they add as EQM or RDM? I hope they got it right..
Old May 6, 2021, 10:15 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by vanillabean
How long was the turnaround? Some feedback options seem to take more time than others.
If you need help, feel free to DM me and I can pass it onto AS directly. I think the best turnaround time I saw while helping a FT member was 5 minutes.
alex67500, pcoll and Eurynom0s like this.
Old May 6, 2021, 10:47 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
You are lucky to get anything. I got nothing. Here is the reply I got this morning:

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding the miles earned for the round trip between Seattle and San Antonio. It's our goal to make sure every trip you have on Alaska goes smoothly. The best way for us to do that is hearing from you.

Alaska joined the oneworld alliance on March 31, 2021. To do so we had to adjust our fare classes to be in alignment with all the other airlines in the alliance, including elite miles earned. Although at the time of purchase of your tickets I class earned 75% additional elite Qualifying Miles, as your travel was after this March 31 date you would only earn per the new fare structure. I apologize but we are unable to recalculate the bonus miles offered or credit the 25% difference toward your elite status. The previous and new fare class charts have been posted at alaskaair.com well before the change took place to advise guests of this new process, and both charts are still posted at this time.

Guess I'll reach out to anteater because this flight should have gotten me to 75K - very annoying!!!
Old May 6, 2021, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anteater
Did they add as EQM or RDM? I hope they got it right..
My EQM bar hasn't moved. You may be getting a message soon.

As for another inquiry, supra, reply took about 10 days.
anteater likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Looks like their internal instructions to the CS agents happened, but weren't quite specific enough. Mine went perfectly.

I also got a response this morning. Took 11 days from when I first sent the request, but the response was good:
As a customer service gesture, I have canceled the original flights and re-added them with the higher class of service reflecting the 75% class of service bonus.
I checked the numbers in the account, and both EQM and RDM now have what I would have expected.

I hope others get theirs sorted out. (And my upcoming adjustment goes as smoothly as this first one!)
pcoll and anteater like this.
Old May 6, 2021, 2:05 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG, Hilton, AS, AA, JL, HA
Had a PHX-SEA-PHX trip last weekend booked on an I fare from one of the sales earlier this year. Since the EQM posted at the 50% COS bonus I'm now sitting at ~74,500 EQM instead of the magical ~75,300 I would be at with the previous 75% COS bonus. Guess I'll just ping anteater to have it fixed as the reports here don't sound too reassuring.
Old May 6, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Anteater solved it for me!
Old May 6, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Gl, Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by dayone
Perhaps an FTer who successfully emailed CC and received an adjustment will share a template that can be used by others.
I was super-duper specific in my message. Here's a simplified version (names have been changed to protect the guilty):
Hello Alaska Folks,
Thanks for being awesome.

I purchased this roundtrip first class “I” fare SEA-XXX-SEA on XX/XX/2020. At that time “I” fares were advertised as earning a 75% class-of-service bonus. With the 50% “Fast Track to Status” promotion, I expected to receive 2,625 elite qualifying miles and 3,000 redeemable miles for each direction of travel, for a total of 5,250 EQM and 6,000 redeemable miles for the whole trip.

1000 base EQM + 75% class-of-service = 1750 EQM; 1750 + 50% fast-track = 2625 EQM
1000 base redeemable miles + 75% class-of-service + 125% 75k elite bonus = 3000 miles

Instead, after purchase but before travel, “I” fares were changed to only having a 50% class-of-service bonus, and I only received 2,250 EQM and 2,750 redeemable miles for each direction of travel.

Could you please adjust my credited miles and EQM to reflect the expected earnings advertised when the ticket was purchased?
Thanks in advance,
<my name>
dayone, pcoll, pal02 and 1 others like this.
Old May 6, 2021, 2:28 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Thanks for posting the wording of your message. I'm sure it will be helpful to other FTers.
CalanMan and anteater like this.
Old May 6, 2021, 4:59 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
Thanks Anteater!
A big, huge thanks to Anteater. My additional mileage has posted along with my bonus miles as I have reached 75K. Glad to be a Flyertalk member because I have learned a lot and have been helped by other members.
Robert, NoLaGent, Finkface and 3 others like this.
Old May 7, 2021, 12:13 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K
Just got my response today (after almost 10 days)
"I appreciate that you took the time to contact Alaska with regard to the miles earned on your recent trip to Fort Lauderdale.

After review of your request, I am happy to offer a one-time exception to issue the additional 25% miles for 'I' class of service. Our website does indicate that mileage earning per fare class is related to the travel date, not the purchase date. Unfortunately, we are unable to adjust the elite-qualifying miles, therefore I deposited xxxx bonus miles into your account. However, I have added a note to your account that we will honor Gold 75K status if at the end of the year you are xxxx miles from earning that status.

As always, thank you for flying with us. We are truly grateful for your continued. support.

Sincerely,"

First, the amount of RDM credited is not correct and I am following up on this. Second, why there is such an inconsistency in handling this kind of request ? I though AS has acknowledged this issue internally ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.