Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Change to Fare Classes and Class of Service Bonuses (3/31/21)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change to Fare Classes and Class of Service Bonuses (3/31/21)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2021, 12:31 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
It really doesn’t make sense to alienate customers who have purchased first class tickets. Is it really that big of a deal to credit the EQM to those customers who purchased tickets when they were expecting the larger bonus?? And you are correct that they are handling this in a very inconsistent manner. That doesn’t make any sense especially when we are comparing notes.
NoLaGent, twlin and be_rettSEA like this.
Old May 7, 2021, 12:52 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K
Also, I wonder if AS trains their CC agents to calculate RDM vs EQM correctly ??? With COS, elite bonus & the current 50% EQM bonus, how can they just simply assume that EQM is the same as RDM ???
Old May 7, 2021, 5:22 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
Just got my response after 11 days. The agent promised to credit the extra EQMs but no word on the RDMs. So far both the EQM bar and the redeemable miles have not changed in my account... I'll wait a day or two and post in here if anything changes.
anteater likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 12:00 pm

Programs: AS
Received response today. Not what I was hoping for.

Dear XXXX,
I appreciate that you took time to contact Alaska Airlines.
We understand that you had booked this reservation prior to announcement made Feb 24, 2021. This announcement was that we would be implementing changes to our fare class structure for travel after March 31, 2021.
Since you flight was flown after March 31, 2021, you earned the 50% COS miles for the "I" fare and we will not credit the 75% COS miles.
Thank you for flying with us,
Kara
Customer Care Representative

Short and direct.
Wonder if this is the same Kara who responded when we contacted Customer Care regarding the change to COS in February?
Old May 8, 2021, 12:01 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by pcoll
Received response today. Not what I was hoping for.

Dear XXXX,
I appreciate that you took time to contact Alaska Airlines.
We understand that you had booked this reservation prior to announcement made Feb 24, 2021. This announcement was that we would be implementing changes to our fare class structure for travel after March 31, 2021.
Since you flight was flown after March 31, 2021, you earned the 50% COS miles for the "I" fare and we will not credit the 75% COS miles.
Thank you for flying with us,
Kara

Short and direct.
Wonder if this is the same Kara who responded when we contacted Customer Care regarding the change to COS in February?
Feel free to DM me if you’d like help!
pcoll likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by anteater
Feel free to DM me if you’d like help!
Will do, Thanks so much!
anteater likes this.
Old May 8, 2021, 12:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K
This is the response I get from AS when I ask them why there is such an inconsistency:

"As a reminder, this is an exception, which is why frequent flyers may receive different answers. Alaska does reserve the right to determine the eligibility of new fare types for mileage credit as they become available."

I guess it comes down individual's luck then ? If you get full-luck then you get both EQM & RDM credited, half-luck (like me) then just the RDM and "a note for EQM", or just bad luck then you need to reach out to anteater !!
pcoll and anteater like this.
Old May 8, 2021, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Thichbay
This is the response I get from AS when I ask them why there is such an inconsistency:

"As a reminder, this is an exception, which is why frequent flyers may receive different answers. Alaska does reserve the right to determine the eligibility of new fare types for mileage credit as they become available."

I guess it comes down individual's luck then ? If you get full-luck then you get both EQM & RDM credited, half-luck (like me) then just the RDM and "a note for EQM", or just bad luck then you need to reach out to anteater !!
If you want help to see it posted feel free to DM me. 🤙🏻
Old May 10, 2021, 11:44 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
Originally Posted by twlin
Just got my response after 11 days. The agent promised to credit the extra EQMs but no word on the RDMs. So far both the EQM bar and the redeemable miles have not changed in my account... I'll wait a day or two and post in here if anything changes.
Reporting back today... It looks like my bonus miles never posted, so I've reached out to Anteater for help. Thanks Anteater!

This is the original response that I got back... Can someone please tell me if I'm not reading the email correctly?

May 6, 2021
Dear <my name>,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. It's our goal to make sure every trip you have on Alaska goes smoothly. The best way for us to do that is hearing from you.

I am truly sorry you are disappointed with the recent Mileage Plan changes for earning elite qualifying miles. Regretfully, any flights completed after March 31, 2021 are subject to the new class of service bonus offered. We have implemented certain guidelines and procedures to ensure the service each customer receives is consistent and fair. I am showing that you are traveling within our additional promotion of earning additional Elite Qualifying miles at 75%, as such additional bonus of 1,245 has been credited for you. (emphasis mine)

We value your patronage as an MVP Gold member and look forward to welcoming you aboard your next Alaska flight.

Sincerely,

Laurie G.
Old May 11, 2021, 8:20 am

twlin DM replied 🤙🏻
twlin and Tussis like this.
Old May 11, 2021, 8:58 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Just got to throw out a huge Thank You to anteater for getting things squared away.
Old May 11, 2021, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by rune87
Just got to throw out a huge Thank You to anteater for getting things squared away.
No problem! I accept thank you’s and ants 🤙🏻.
Old May 11, 2021, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by anteater
No problem! I accept thank you’s and ants 🤙🏻.
THANKS so much. Mahalo.
Old May 11, 2021, 3:32 pm

I believe I followed up to all PMs and all have been corrected. If I haven’t, please reach out again. 🤙🏻
Old May 11, 2021, 3:38 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Just to add to the pile, thanks anteater for getting the credit corrected. Too bad AS wouldn't just do it themselves!! Thanks again.
anteater likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.