Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Change to Fare Classes and Class of Service Bonuses (3/31/21)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Change to Fare Classes and Class of Service Bonuses (3/31/21)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2021, 2:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
I was told that the 50% EQM promo only applies to base miles and not to the COS bonus.

So Base + .75 Base + .5 Base is the correct EQM amount owed for I class purchased before the devaluation.

Was the agent incorrect?
The agent is incorrect. AS has been applying the 50% promotional EQM bonus to the "total" EQM that is earned for a flight after COS is added. With rounding, use a 2.63× factor for revenue F flights.

I can't ever remember AS grandfathering earning rates if there has been a change between the date of purchase & the date of flight. At least going back to 2018. The earning rates on the day of travel have always prevailed.

If AS allows credit for flights booked before the changes were announced, not before the effective date of the changes, I anticipate they will only be granted upon request.

James
lensovet and pcoll like this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
A big thank you to Alaska for coming through in the end, and to anteater who facilitated everything! The EQM and RDM totals for my flights taken on 4/01/21 have been recalculated using the 75% COS bonus (as advertised at the time of purchase) and the difference is reflected in my account.
Robert, bmvaughn, ACBLtd and 6 others like this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
A big thank you to Alaska for coming through in the end, and to anteater who facilitated everything! The EQM and RDM totals for my flights taken on 4/01/21 have been recalculated using the 75% COS bonus (as advertised at the time of purchase) and the difference is reflected in my account.
This is a welcomed update, RAD_PDX! I have a few upcoming trips booked in “I”which were purchased long ago, so will likely be reaching out to anteater as well.
anteater likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

I should add that Customer Care has now been informed of the proper policy (75% COS bonus for I/P fares purchased prior to 2/23/21) so you should be able to get the miles by writing to AS (https://www.alaskaair.com/feedback/general-comments). If for some reason you run into a hiccup, anteater has kindly offered to help anyone else.
Robert, beckoa, ACBLtd and 4 others like this.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 7:44 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Excellent, I'm glad they honored what they sold (at the time), and I'll submit 3 RTs that qualify once completed.
Old Apr 17, 2021, 8:57 am

Programs: AS 100K, Marriott LT Platinum
Did they confirm what they gave you for EQM as well?
Old Apr 17, 2021, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
Did they confirm what they gave you for EQM as well?
I knew my total before the change was made so I was able to determine that it had updated as well.
anteater likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 12:42 pm

Programs: AS
Anyone else able to get their EQM's "fixed" after flights?
Flying this week and prepared to write in to customer care (feedback.general comments) for proper mileage.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 2:01 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by pcoll
Anyone else able to get their EQM's "fixed" after flights?
Flying this week and prepared to write in to customer care (feedback.general comments) for proper mileage.
Perhaps an FTer who successfully emailed CC and received an adjustment will share a template that can be used by others.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by dayone
Perhaps an FTer who successfully emailed CC and received an adjustment will share a template that can be used by others.
I haven’t seen any reports yet of success with Customer Care, but I’ve helped a few people already by passing their information onto AS.

AS has acknowledged they are correcting agents as incidents occur, with respect to the EQM CoS bonus for flights booked prior to the announcement.
pcoll likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 9:32 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
Requested Mileage Adjustment

I wrote to CC 3 days ago requesting a mileage adjustment on an I fare booked 2/1. Still haven’t heard anything. Will post request if successful or response if not.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 9:39 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I engaged on 4/2 for a 4/1 flight which didn't receive the correct mileage. First heard back on 4/20 where CS requested more information and responded immediately. Haven't heard anything since - I pinged today to see if more information is needed.
Old Apr 27, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
That’s a long wait for a response. Guess I won’t hold my breath.
Old May 4, 2021, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Crickets for a request made 8 days ago.
Old May 4, 2021, 6:04 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Crickets for a request made 8 days ago.
While I hope AS CC improves with this matter, anyone is welcome to DM me should they need help. 🤙🏻

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.