Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2021 Alaska Airlines *FLAME-FREE* Q&A Thread: All Welcome, New and Old!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
When I book on AA I don't log in to my AA account, rather I book as a guest and manually enter my Alaska number as part of the booking process. It's a pain to type everything but I just do it so I can get my Alaska number in there from the start.
You can create a "companion" passenger with your own information but AS #. Make the booking logged in, but then deselect "you" and select your AS passenger profile.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium; AS 100k; BA Silver; UA Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerDigits
When I book on AA I don't log in to my AA account, rather I book as a guest and manually enter my Alaska number as part of the booking process. It's a pain to type everything but I just do it so I can get my Alaska number in there from the start.
There is another way to add it (besides calling AA customer support and ask them to add AS number manually). On my AA account, I added myself as a companion and when I make a reservation, I log into my AA account and select myself (but not as an account holder but as a companion). For some strange reasons, AS account # can be added to AA companions but not to the primary account holder. In this case, I don't need to retype all my information as a guest and also don't need to call AA customer support to add my AS number.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:53 pm

Programs: UA1K, AS Gold 75K, HH Diamond, MR Titanium LT Gold, IHG Platinum, HZ PC, CLEAR
Originally Posted by joachimm
You can create a "companion" passenger with your own information but AS #. Make the booking logged in, but then deselect "you" and select your AS passenger profile.
This is a fantastic idea!
I just followed your instructions and booked two flights for next week on AA using my AS Companion profile.

You inspired me to add my AS # to my CX, JL, BA, RJ, IB, QF, and even SQ accounts. As Covid restrictions ease, I hope to get back to monthly continent-hopping.
joachimm and FlyerDigits like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Hi all. Does this forum have a seating guide for 737-9 etc? I've seen them in other forums, but couldn't find one directly here. Was curious to know if front row of First was good or better to sit further back.

Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:11 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Dumb question for y'all: if I book a revenue flight through AS website that is solely on AA metal, can I later cancel the flight and receive the full amount as a credit to my AS wallet? I am 75K now, will at least be Gold next year (when the flights would take place). Thanks.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by Sandonkey
Dumb question for y'all: if I book a revenue flight through AS website that is solely on AA metal, can I later cancel the flight and receive the full amount as a credit to my AS wallet? I am 75K now, will at least be Gold next year (when the flights would take place). Thanks.
Yes. You'll have an Alaska ticket number and those flights will also have Alaska flight numbers but they're operated by American.
Sandonkey likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 4:25 pm

In today's email, I did not get a message saying that credit card spend on my Alaska Card would earn EQM. Are there any datapoints from last time showing that it's open to all?
Old Sep 16, 2021, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Dumb question (I presume):

I have two AS operated/BA marketed flights coming up. Seems like the 50% EQM bonus doesn’t apply to them since the fine print requires AS operated and marketed flights.

But how much do those flights actually earn? (AS website shows them as Y fare class). Y based on AS earnings table? Or Y based on AS earnings table? Or, gulp, nothing?
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:50 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

My understanding is that qualifying miles for status rolled over from 2020 to 2021, but I cannot see this in my profile-- I have seen only "0 miles" and "0 segments" all year. Was there no rollover at all?
Old Sep 17, 2021, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry
My understanding is that qualifying miles for status rolled over from 2020 to 2021, but I cannot see this in my profile-- I have seen only "0 miles" and "0 segments" all year. Was there no rollover at all?
Only miles earned before April 30 (IIRC) rolled over. Miles earned after that didn't.
notquiteaff, pcoll and mtofell like this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 7:18 am

Programs: ASMVP100K, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Dumb question (I presume):

I have two AS operated/BA marketed flights coming up. Seems like the 50% EQM bonus doesn’t apply to them since the fine print requires AS operated and marketed flights.

But how much do those flights actually earn? (AS website shows them as Y fare class). Y based on AS earnings table? Or Y based on AS earnings table? Or, gulp, nothing?
I believe those should fall under the BA chart, based on the fare class shown by BA.

All flights that are Oneworld marketed and Oneworld operated flights use the marketing airlines earnings chart (you can see it mentioned in the footnotes of the BA earnings chart).
Old Sep 17, 2021, 8:18 am

Programs: Alaska MM, AA MM, BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by TTmex
Hi all. Does this forum have a seating guide for 737-9 etc? I've seen them in other forums, but couldn't find one directly here. Was curious to know if front row of First was good or better to sit further back.

Thanks
This has great seat plans for all Alaska planes and some other airlines.

https://www.aerolopa.com/
TTmex likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by zdfld
I believe those should fall under the BA chart, based on the fare class shown by BA.

All flights that are Oneworld marketed and Oneworld operated flights use the marketing airlines earnings chart (you can see it mentioned in the footnotes of the BA earnings chart).
Thanks, that makes sense. Finding fare class on BA.com isn’t easy, but eventually managed. Y, so 100% RDM/EQM.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 11:50 am

Programs: AS MVPG100, Hyatt Globalist, MGM Gold, Caesars Diamond
Is the a wiki on the basics of how to get multi segments on AS inexpensively? Like LAX to SJC to SFO to PDX to SEA (obviously not that but you get the idea).
Old Sep 17, 2021, 12:47 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite
TIA for whichever expert answers my stupid question. It’s been so long and so much has changed.

I bought a ticket for the Mrs. a couple of weeks ago with travel funds. Those funds came from a flights I canceled during COVID… and those funds subsequently had their expiration date extended.

Turns out that the Mrs. will be unable to join me, so I need to cancel her ticket.

Will the funds get a new expiration date? Keep the prior expiration date? Or just be lost? Should I book a dummy flight down the road instead of canceling?

Again, thanks to all who maintain this thread. I am grateful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.