Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The New SFO Alaska Lounge (Opened 8/31/2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New SFO Alaska Lounge (Opened 8/31/2021)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2020, 8:05 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Boraxo
I miss the old Boardroom, the staff was always wonderful.

Do we have an ETA (in 2021) on the new lounge? The concession in T-2 are nice but always good to have a lounge option.
None, and rather alarmingly, all references to it on the AL section of AS' website have been scrubbed.

In quasi-related news, the September Airport Commission meeting minutes show approval of a 5,000SF retail marketplace utilizing half of the former AC space. The location will be called 16th & Dolores General Store and will feature traditional news, sundry and snack items in addition to a myriad of local gift and craft brands, as well as national brand items.

Last edited by NoLaGent; Nov 9, 2020 at 9:58 am
Old Nov 9, 2020, 6:08 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
None, and rather alarmingly, all references to it on the AL section of AS' website have been scrubbed.

In quasi-related news, the September Airport Commission meeting minutes show approval of a 5,000SF retail marketplace utilizing half of the former AC space. The location will be called 16th & Dolores General Store and will feature traditional news, sundry and snack items in addition to a myriad of local gift and craft brands, as well as national brand items.
First off think it is a shame that the airport commission is not allowing someone to operate a lounge in that beautiful space, but yeah SFO.

Secondly think that there could be a good business for a pay shower in that terminal.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 7:50 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
First off think it is a shame that the airport commission is not allowing someone to operate a lounge in that beautiful space, but yeah SFO.
SFO's job is to maximize revenue. If AS wanted to offer enough money, they could have gotten the space but they are too cheap to offer the kind of money it would take to keep it as a lounge. Given their dwindling level of service at SFO, there probably will not even be a need for a lounge at all for quite some time.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 9:34 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
I mean, in normal times, the CX lounge was a nice consolation prize for not having a lounge and needing to clear security twice, I wouldn't be upset if that continued.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Given the number of flights it operates into SFO and of course the history, SFO seems like a natural for an Alaska Lounge. Now throw in Covid and an airline struggling to maintain the bottom line and a lounge seems like something easily relegated to the back burner. I'll be bringing book along (as I always do anyway) for future AS flights out of SFO over the next year or two.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 11:22 am

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Seat 2A
Given the number of flights it operates into SFO and of course the history, SFO seems like a natural for an Alaska Lounge. Now throw in Covid and an airline struggling to maintain the bottom line and a lounge seems like something easily relegated to the back burner. I'll be bringing book along (as I always do anyway) for future AS flights out of SFO over the next year or two.
A quick reminder that AS lounge members can access the new SFO Admirals Club, albeit with an extra security check. Have also heard rumors about a shared use lounge for the AS terminal.
Ford Fairlane likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: AS MVPG | oneworld Sapphire
A quick reminder that AS lounge members can access the new SFO Admirals Club, albeit with an extra security check....
I'm aiming to try that out next Tuesday, provided I can get to the airport early enough.
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by TheStrangerIn29K
I'm aiming to try that out next Tuesday, provided I can get to the airport early enough.
I have not seen pictures of the new Admirals Club---would be great if you could post them here or post them elsewhere with a link here.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 3:01 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
I have not seen pictures of the new Admirals Club---would be great if you could post them here or post them elsewhere with a link here.
GUIDE: New SFO Admirals Club open (Terminal 1 @ B13, as of 6 Oct 2020)
worldwidedreamer likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 9:45 am

Any word on SFO lounge opening date?

Travelling through SFO in May 2021. Has there been any word on when the AS lounge might open?
Old Feb 26, 2021, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by seattletraveller
Travelling through SFO in May 2021. Has there been any word on when the AS lounge might open?
And the people bowed and prayed
To the Airline god they made
And the sign flashed out its warning
In the words that it wasn't forming
And the sign said, "The contractor's words
Are written on the airport walls
And tenement halls
And whispered in the sounds of silence."
VibeGuy likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by seattletraveller
Q4 2026, which really mean Q1 2027!

James
jjmadison likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 12:35 am

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Hi again,

I resumed traveling by air and have to catch up on many changes. I recently passed through the empty space formerly known as SFO.

For AS travelers with lounge privileges, the available lounge is the American Airlines Admirals Club Terminal 1, near Gate B13. To get there from the main Alaska Terminal 2, that is about a 15 minute walk. Getting there also requires passing through TSA in Terminal 1.

The AA lounge in Terminal 2 is gone and the Cathay Pacific lounge that operated in the International Terminal is closed.

Be forewarned, the hours of operation for the AA lounge are 5am-3:30pm. So the lounge isn't available for afternoon or evening flyers. Also, because of the TSA requirements for passing through, that lounge in Terminal 1 is not available to passengers arriving in Terminal 2 or other terminals.

On a weeknight about 8:30pm, the stores and eateries were closed. A nice new feature in SFO Terminal 2 is a new water bottle fill station that includes a hot water option.

Looks like I can't count lounge benefits as I once did. So I'll be, instead, carrying some food for travel.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 10:17 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
The connector between T2 and T3 is on the schedule for October completion, so if that happens it would open up two Priority Pass restaurants that would be easier to access than T1.
NoLaGent and Kacee like this.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 10:21 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by tom911
The connector between T2 and T3 is on the schedule for October completion, so if that happens it would open up two Priority Pass restaurants that would be easier to access than T1.
And more importantly for some (me!), the Centurion. The time and convenience will be nice once done.
tom911, Buster CT1K, Kacee and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.