Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The New SFO Alaska Lounge (Opened 8/31/2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New SFO Alaska Lounge (Opened 8/31/2021)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by bworrell

I was able to use the AF/KLM lounge in A before connecting though, so that's a good thing. Officially the Priority Pass website mentions an international boarding pass, but nothing was mentioned to me when showing my SFO-LAS boarding pass.
Where did you see that? Neither https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...e---klm-lounge nor the Android app show any boarding pass restrictions, and I certainly have not had a problem in the past (other than access limitations in the afternoon before KLM/AF flights depart).

I guess if I had more time I'd go over to T3 and use Amex or maybe one of the new PP restaurants there.
Yes, I am happy about the Yankee Pier restaurant addition
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Where did you see that? Neither https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...e---klm-lounge nor the Android app show any boarding pass restrictions.
It's on the link you provided under "location". I presume this is more about access should the TSA decide to give someone a problem entering the wrong terminal.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
It's on the link you provided under "location". I presume this is more about access should the TSA decide to give someone a problem entering the wrong terminal.
it says for me “Airside - Concourse A, first left after the TSA Checkpoint. Flights departing from Concourse A only.” Nothing about international boarding pass. Though perhaps bworrell thought that that is synonymous (not the case; there are domestic flights by at least four airlines departing from Concourse A) or wanted to point out that his T2 boarding pass didn’t meet the stated requirements of a flight departing from Concourse A.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I presume this is more about access should the TSA decide to give someone a problem entering the wrong terminal.
There is no TSA at SFO (Covenant Security), and you are allowed to access any terminal with a same day boarding pass.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
There is no TSA at SFO (Covenant Security), and you are allowed to access any terminal with a same day boarding pass.
Yeah, I meant in general from Priority Pass's side, to manage expectations. AFAIK, there is no public announcement from the TSA allowing access to all terminals with a same-day boarding pass, and I have run into some issues at a couple airports, so imo seems quite smart to do that under access restrictions.

CAS at SFO has never given me a problem, however.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 9:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Yeah, I meant in general from Priority Pass's side, to manage expectations. AFAIK, there is no public announcement from the TSA allowing access to all terminals with a same-day boarding pass, and I have run into some issues at a couple airports, so imo seems quite smart to do that under access restrictions.

CAS at SFO has never given me a problem, however.
Thankfully no, as the AMX CL is a nice place to visit ^
Old Oct 8, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Where did you see that? Neither https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...e---klm-lounge nor the Android app show any boarding pass restrictions, and I certainly have not had a problem in the past (other than access limitations in the afternoon before KLM/AF flights depart).
You're right. That mention is under the location section, which is probably a comment about concourse A and not access. Sorry for the misinformation.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
there is no public announcement from the TSA allowing access to all terminals with a same-day boarding pass
Why would there be? TSA doesn't handle security at SFO.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:26 pm

return of SFO Board Room?

What's the status of the SFO Board Room renovation / revival? I remember an older thread specifically about this, but can't find it now. Seems a long time not to have a functioning Board Room at SFO. Thanks.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
My $$$'s still on them taking over the Admiral's Club in 2020, but even if they go with new space that's being built out in the old Air Traffic Control section, that project's timeline has been pushed back to 2020 as well as published in the Airport Commission's meeting minutes from earlier this month.

Last edited by dayone; Nov 25, 2018 at 9:42 pm Reason: Remove circular link after merge.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Earlier this month the airport commission raised the maximum price for the control tower demolition to $81 million. Part of that project is supposed to include the addition of two floors of office space which could potentially include a lounge. Have not seen anything on recent agendas on that subject, though it may be too early being that the space has not been built out yet. There's been speculation that when AA moves to T1, which is part of the airport master plan, that Alaska could take their lounge space, but it's probably more valuable to the airport as retail concession space, hence the further speculation they may go in the newly constructed office space above the terminal.

In other words, not really any news on an Alaska lounge yet.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by tom911
Earlier this month the airport commission raised the maximum price for the control tower demolition to $81 million. Part of that project is supposed to include the addition of two floors of office space which could potentially include a lounge.
Bingo. Along with that contract increase is the increase of the contract duration into 2020, it's on page 19 here:

http://media.flysfo.com.s3.amazonaws...es/m110618.pdf
Old Nov 25, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75k, WN A-List, AA, FI, DY, UA, Marriott Lifetime Silver, Hilton Diamond, Amtrak
Yoga Room. They could do it now. Just kick out the Yoga and put in an Alaska Bored Bar with Bored Bites.
jjmadison likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Wouldn't it be cheaper for them to continue renting the CX lounge and build a connector between T2 and Intl A? Maybe they should shoot for that at this point.

Or heck, personal rides, a la LH FCT, from the lounge to the plane!
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by safari ari
Wouldn't it be cheaper for them to continue renting the CX lounge and build a connector between T2 and Intl A?
Certainly not cheaper for the airport and I don't see Alaska footing the construction bill. A project like that could run into the tens of millions of dollars and would have to run through T1, which is being rebuilt right now, to get to the A terminal, all in the secure area.

The airport long range plan envisions a single checkpoint at the international terminal, so potentially you'd just need to link T2, where Alaska is, to T3, where UA is, and use the existing corridor between UA and international terminal G. By the time that happens, though, the office space construction at T2 will be long completed and Alaska will have had its chance to open its own lounge there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.