Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The New SFO Alaska Lounge (Opened 8/31/2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New SFO Alaska Lounge (Opened 8/31/2021)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2021, 10:59 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by jhurwitz
Seen at SFO this week. Note that the "date posted" is 7/21. They're not going to get a license until 8/20 at the absolute earliest (30 days), and it often takes much longer than that (especially since the CA ABC website says there's a form 220 hold, meaning an ongoing investigation). They might need to open on 8/31 without alcohol at the bar.

I would like to think that AS could apply for or receive expediency for their license. Either way, I do believe AS is prepared with respect to the license status to open on 8/31.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 11:24 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
I was wondering the same thing! I'm not currently booked from 8/31 until after Labor Day, but would definitely drive down for any festivities.

I don't recall any such thing for N and SEA flyers, but maybe I'm wrong?
​​​​​​
They had a little party when the C lounge opened at SEA. Didn't get a notice or invite or anything I just happened to be flying that day and walked in. They had champagne, don't recall if they had any special food.
Old Aug 9, 2021, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jhurwitz
Seen at SFO this week. Note that the "date posted" is 7/21. They're not going to get a license until 8/20 at the absolute earliest (30 days), and it often takes much longer than that (especially since the CA ABC website says there's a form 220 hold, meaning an ongoing investigation). They might need to open on 8/31 without alcohol at the bar.

Pretty much every application shows a Form 220 hold until the app is approved.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 12:49 pm

Programs: AS — views are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer
New exterior signage. Something to look at besides the liquor license application.

Old Aug 21, 2021, 1:51 pm

Programs: AS 75K
The hoodlum in me want to go write "Pass" under "Priority"

It is kind of funny that they put that word on the door and you can pretty much just count on confusion and PP holders wandering in and being disappointed.
ffman999, mtnsider and PaperGlider like this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by mtofell
It is kind of funny that they put that word on the door and you can pretty much just count on confusion and PP holders wandering in and being disappointed.
Hopefully will be a little more clear once they get around to adding the "oneworld" lettering in the blue circle.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 7:14 pm

Any predictions on operating hours? I’m hoping until at least 9pm like LAX and PDX, especially with Centurion Lounge closing at 7pm.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 7:24 pm

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by juhlee
Any predictions on operating hours? I’m hoping until at least 9pm like LAX and PDX, especially with Centurion Lounge closing at 7pm.
I can’t comment on the standard operating hours, but I would expect it to be open until 10PM on 8/31.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by juhlee
Somewhere around 9-10 seems reasonable based on the flight schedule.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 8:32 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Assuming an hour before the last flight out, they have LAX timed to close before the last flight out, the LAX-SFO, the lounge attendant said they had extended the closing hours just for that route.
KE81, anteater and mildfrequence like this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 9:12 pm

Thanks all--good to know that they do try to accommodate passengers on late flights.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 7:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
AS employee/retiree web site has some additional info on the lounge. They have added 2 items exclusive to SFO and the Bay Area. A sourdough cart featuring different samples of sourdough bread types with a variety of what they say are savory spreads. And a candy wall that highlights Ghiradelli chocolates and Jelly Belly candy. No PP will be allowed. I’d love to pop in on 8/31 when it opens, but won’t be through SFO for well over a month. Looking forward to reports.
Boraxo, Robert, beckoa and 7 others like this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:09 pm

This is making me want to sdc to SFO to check it out. Sourdough is very on-brand with the bay area hipster crowd. Maybe they can give away some starter next.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
This is making me want to sdc to SFO to check it out. Sourdough is very on-brand with the bay area hipster crowd. Maybe they can give away some starter next.
Hopefully there will be mini bread bowls on clam chowder day...yum!
pcoll likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2021, 10:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Tack
AS employee/retiree web site has some additional info on the lounge. They have added 2 items exclusive to SFO and the Bay Area. A sourdough cart featuring different samples of sourdough bread types with a variety of what they say are savory spreads. And a candy wall that highlights Ghiradelli chocolates and Jelly Belly candy. No PP will be allowed. I’d love to pop in on 8/31 when it opens, but won’t be through SFO for well over a month. Looking forward to reports.
Like candy is stuck to a wall you can lick?

Cue Willy Wonka
Tack likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.