Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

The New SFO Alaska Lounge (Opened 8/31/2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New SFO Alaska Lounge (Opened 8/31/2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2021, 10:09 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Probably a fake fire feature, with cold "smoke" from a vapor machine.
Maybe that is where they cold smoke the Copper River Salmon as the Chef prepares Caviar to accompany the Krug & Dom.

James
Buster CT1K and NoLaGent like this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 10:29 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
showers

Old AC had two/three showers if I remembered correctly... maybe those will be kept as well?
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by lonelygod
Old AC had two/three showers if I remembered correctly... maybe those will be kept as well?
unlikely, but it'll be a nice addition if they would.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
A lot of great Intell but really the fans need to know when does the AS lounge open??
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Boraxo
A lot of great Intell but really the fans need to know when does the AS lounge open??
My guess (and hope) is that it will open sometime in 2022.....the recent email about the changes to Alaska Lounge membership pricing mentioned something about opening in summer of 2021....yeah, right....maybe that was a typo and it was suppose to be summer of 2022.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:55 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

A lot of great Intell but really the fans need to know when does the AS [SFO] lounge open??
According to the press release, "late summer" 2021. Since the space was previously an Admirals Club, it doesn't seem that it would require extensive remodeling.
NoLaGent and PaperGlider like this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 1:59 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by dayone
According to the press release, "late summer" 2021. Since the space was previously an Admirals Club, it doesn't seem that it would require extensive remodeling.
Summer in San Francisco starts in September so late summer would be around Thanksgiving.
VibeGuy, PDXPremier, econ and 2 others like this.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by dayone
Bingo. And from the renderings, it's not like they're planning on much (any?) of a build out. All signs point to August/September, and that's based on staffing, not much else.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
This is fantastic news - loved the old AA lounge which I never ever found crowded. And I think about 10x larger than the old AS lounge in T-1 (much beloved itself LOL).

Hopefully this will remain in the PP program, particularly with the extra capacity, but who knows...
Old Apr 11, 2021, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
This is fantastic news - loved the old AA lounge which I never ever found crowded. And I think about 10x larger than the old AS lounge in T-1 (much beloved itself LOL).

Hopefully this will remain in the PP program, particularly with the extra capacity, but who knows...
One can only hope that the great hub of SFO will become so robust that PP access would only result in overcrowding.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 10:20 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
One can only hope that the great hub of SFO will become so robust that PP access would only result in overcrowding.

LOL...the way things are going for AS at SFO, the terminal may be less crowded than the lounge.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by simonsuo
unlikely, but it'll be a nice addition if they would.
I agree...wish they would have added them to the N lounge in SEA. My guess is that the remaining AC showers are going the way of the hotel breakfast buffet and are never going to re-open.
Old Apr 11, 2021, 10:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Summer in San Francisco starts in September so late summer would be around Thanksgiving.
My guess is around December...this is an abandoned lounge that hasn't been used in many months. There will likely be light renovations, new permits, building inspections, etc...and we know the glacial pace of anything related to SFO construction projects.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
My guess is around December...this is an abandoned lounge that hasn't been used in many months. There will likely be light renovations, new permits, building inspections, etc...and we know the glacial pace of anything related to SFO construction projects.
1) Still not as bad as SEA for delays
2) The biggest necessary renovation is probably the 3 drink limit signs.
3) I do wonder what likker license AS will be using. I doubt it held on to the prior one for all these years.

And before I decided to submit this post ... I checked. Indeed, they've got to get one. https://www.abc.ca.gov/licensing/lic...LICENSE=232582
They do still have a license to likker you up on the plane. https://www.abc.ca.gov/licensing/lic...CENSE=%2074358
Old Apr 12, 2021, 9:02 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
1) Still not as bad as SEA for delays
2) The biggest necessary renovation is probably the 3 drink limit signs.
3) I do wonder what likker license AS will be using. I doubt it held on to the prior one for all these years.

And before I decided to submit this post ... I checked. Indeed, they've got to get one. https://www.abc.ca.gov/licensing/lic...LICENSE=232582
They do still have a license to likker you up on the plane. https://www.abc.ca.gov/licensing/lic...CENSE=%2074358
The licensing is a good question, so I also did some digging.

Oddly, American doesn't have an active one for the AC @ SFO either, but they are definitely serving liquor there. I wonder if the license is under a sub-contractor, much like the relationship between UA and Sodexo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.