Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tattikat2
Date, Location, Day of week, Time of Day and method of access for denial.

Please include if you are actually flying Alaska that day, or some other airline, so we can see if the BR is giving preference to AS flyers

3/10/17 SEA D AL 4pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/12/17 SEA N & A AL 6pm Sunday PP denied
2/18/17 PDX AL 6:00am Saturday (flying AS) - PP denied (sign out)
3/21/17 SEA D AL 9am Tuesday - sign out
3/21/17 SEA N AL 9:45am Tuesday - sign out
3/24/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/25/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Saturday - sign out
3/25/17 SEA D AL 9:00pm Saturday - sign out
3/26/17 PDX C AL 9:15pm Sunday - Sign out (Was flying AS)
4/2/17 SEA D AL 4:00pm Monday - sign out
4/3/17 SEA D AL 10:30a Monday - sign out - PP requested-denied - was allowed with AL lounge pass - 90% occupied
4/10/17 SEA D 6:45 AM - sign out
4/12/17 SEA D 8:20 PM - sign out
4/14/17 SEA D 10:00 AM - sign out
4/16/17 SEA N 11:00am - sign out, was even upgraded to F on AS and MVP75K, no dice. It was a busy Easter Sunday
4/17/17 PDX 5:35am - no sign, admitted with a smile
4/22/17 PDX 6:35am - no sign, admitted
4/22/17 SEA D 8:15am - no sign, went to Centurion Lounge instead
4/23/17 SEA D and N 4:30pm - sign out. N lounge half empty.
4/26/17 LAX 11:30am - no sign
4/26/17 SEA D no sign, went to The Club
4/27/17 SEA D 10:40 AM - sign out
4/27/17 SEA N 10:50 AM - sign put out just as I entered, admitted with PP as the "last one"
4/27/17 SEA N 4pm - no sign, admitted with PP and a Delta bp
4/30/17 SEA D no sign, admitted
5/1/17 PDX 6:30 am - no sign, admitted, maybe 50% full
5/8/17 SEA D 11:00 am - new sign saying no PP guests, admitted as a PP cardholder.
5/15/17 SEA D 12:30pm sign out no PP
5/18/17 SEA N 7pm Thursday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/18/17 ANC 11:30pm Thursday - no sign, denied, but admitted 45 minutes later (PP, flying AS)
5/19/17 ANC 3pm Friday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/23/17 PDX C 4pm Tue - admitted (PP, flying WN).
5/27/17 PDX 7:50am no sign
6/28/17 LAX 12:30pm/3:30pm- no sign, admitted
9/25/17 PDX 2:00 - sign out, admitted without comment (PP, flying AA)
11/8/17 SEA C 09:00 AM - admitted (PP, flying AS). Only a few seats available, but at least a few seats remained available the whole time I was there
11/16/17 LAX 09:00 AM- sign out, no PP
02/0319 LAX 5pm Sunday-sign out no PP (flying AS)
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by felicidad76
Just checked with twitter rep and as of May 1 no PP access in PDX. That is definite, but I did not ask about SEA
Thanks for the confirmation....I sent another Twitter message to get it confirmed as well. I think they are taking a wait and see approach to SEA, but I fully expect those lounges to go "no PP" in the not too distant future, but that's less of an issue in SEA with all the other lounge options.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:44 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
So which is it? No PP after May 1 in PDX or No PP GUESTS after May 1 in PDX (SEA and/or LAX)?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: MVPGold 75K
We should ask twitter rep again
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by felicidad76
We should ask twitter rep again
It's just a few more days. Is getting yet another answer from Twitter going to change anything?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
They (Alaska) have already confirmed the closing of the PDX lounge to Priority Pass Select on May 1st so either the agent responding was misinformed or they are having a change of heart...I tend to go with misinformed
Is it just PP Select or all PP? I have never seen a distinction on the signs that get put in front of the lounges.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Baze
Is it just PP Select or all PP? I have never seen a distinction on the signs that get put in front of the lounges.
When they use the signs, I think it is no PP period, but the May 1st date at the PDX lounge applies only to PP Select (so yeah, basically all the PP members in US).
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by berliner5000
So which is it? No PP after May 1 in PDX or No PP GUESTS after May 1 in PDX (SEA and/or LAX)?
No PP Select in PDX starting May 1st.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
No PP Select in PDX starting May 1st.
That's what I thought (and was told) but after reading the language on PP's website, it's not clear.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's going to be an interesting situation when a regular PP member checks in and right behind is a PP Select member and they are told they can't enter, will be confusion and possible anger. No where on the PP site does it differentiate between the 2 for access that I could find. If there is a link to something that says that clubs can not allow Select but will allow regular the Select becomes very worthless and might as well not exist. That would be like the United club saying paid members can com in but not ones who get it through the Chase United Club card.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by Baze
That's going to be an interesting situation when a regular PP member checks in and right behind is a PP Select member and they are told they can't enter, will be confusion and possible anger. No where on the PP site does it differentiate between the 2 for access that I could find. If there is a link to something that says that clubs can not allow Select but will allow regular the Select becomes very worthless and might as well not exist. That would be like the United club saying paid members can com in but not ones who get it through the Chase United Club card.
Cause confusing and anger, yes. But, nothing can be done about it. The lounge will have a sign that says no select allowed. United used to have a sign that said select wasn't allowed.
And no, it's not like United not allowing chase uc members. It's like when United didn't allow select members but allowed pp members.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Select

Last edited by hiima; Apr 27, 2017 at 11:15 am
Old Apr 27, 2017, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hiima
Cause confusing and anger, yes. But, nothing can be done about it. The lounge will have a sign that says no select allowed. United used to have a sign that said select wasn't allowed.
And no, it's not like United not allowing chase uc members. It's like when United didn't allow select members but allowed pp members.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Select
So where on that page you linked does it say a Select membership does not have the same access rights as a regular membership? Just says it is linked to a financial institution. Clicked on every link on that page and there is no differences listed, only thing is it says go to the CC site you get the select membership from. Did a random sample and none said anything about it being any different than a regular PP membership. Only differences are behind the scenes on it you pay per entry, free guests, or paid guests. Those are up to how the CC setup the Select account with PP. but nothing about different access rules that I can find. And yes, it would be the same a my example, one is a regular purchased membership and the other is through a CC.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by hiima
And on more than occasion did I stand behind a Select member arguing with a UA agent at the RCC club about access to the lounge.

If this happens, hopefully Select card members will tell their credit card provider what they think about this. PP doesn't have a great motivation to work on alternatives unless the banks that pay them money push the issue.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:35 pm

I was going to say, this would be an easy way for Amex to up their game against Chase and the CSR. If they just said "hey, our PP is the real PP and gets you in everything* compared to the CSR which is only "select" and lounges are starting to ban that..."

*Everything outside of capacity controls of course...
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It probably would have helped at least a little if Alaska AND Priority Pass would have communicated the May 1st deadline at PDX a few weeks prior...they've obviously known about it for weeks....why not let everyone know in-advance to avoid at least *some* frustration?? The communication (or lack thereof) has been poor to say the least.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
And on more than occasion did I stand behind a Select member arguing with a UA agent at the RCC club about access to the lounge.

If this happens, hopefully Select card members will tell their credit card provider what they think about this. PP doesn't have a great motivation to work on alternatives unless the banks that pay them money push the issue.
Back when UA was doing this there was a note on the page for all UA clubs saying that PP members who obtained their membership through their financial institution can't access this lounge. There is no such wording on the Alaska Lounge pages despite the fact that the pages were obviously updated today with the no guest restriction. Unless AS is planning to restrict Select members manually by having the lounge agent look at the card, I think it's unlikely.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.