Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tattikat2
Date, Location, Day of week, Time of Day and method of access for denial.

Please include if you are actually flying Alaska that day, or some other airline, so we can see if the BR is giving preference to AS flyers

3/10/17 SEA D AL 4pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/12/17 SEA N & A AL 6pm Sunday PP denied
2/18/17 PDX AL 6:00am Saturday (flying AS) - PP denied (sign out)
3/21/17 SEA D AL 9am Tuesday - sign out
3/21/17 SEA N AL 9:45am Tuesday - sign out
3/24/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Friday - sign out (was flying Alaska)
3/25/17 SEA D AL 1:15pm Saturday - sign out
3/25/17 SEA D AL 9:00pm Saturday - sign out
3/26/17 PDX C AL 9:15pm Sunday - Sign out (Was flying AS)
4/2/17 SEA D AL 4:00pm Monday - sign out
4/3/17 SEA D AL 10:30a Monday - sign out - PP requested-denied - was allowed with AL lounge pass - 90% occupied
4/10/17 SEA D 6:45 AM - sign out
4/12/17 SEA D 8:20 PM - sign out
4/14/17 SEA D 10:00 AM - sign out
4/16/17 SEA N 11:00am - sign out, was even upgraded to F on AS and MVP75K, no dice. It was a busy Easter Sunday
4/17/17 PDX 5:35am - no sign, admitted with a smile
4/22/17 PDX 6:35am - no sign, admitted
4/22/17 SEA D 8:15am - no sign, went to Centurion Lounge instead
4/23/17 SEA D and N 4:30pm - sign out. N lounge half empty.
4/26/17 LAX 11:30am - no sign
4/26/17 SEA D no sign, went to The Club
4/27/17 SEA D 10:40 AM - sign out
4/27/17 SEA N 10:50 AM - sign put out just as I entered, admitted with PP as the "last one"
4/27/17 SEA N 4pm - no sign, admitted with PP and a Delta bp
4/30/17 SEA D no sign, admitted
5/1/17 PDX 6:30 am - no sign, admitted, maybe 50% full
5/8/17 SEA D 11:00 am - new sign saying no PP guests, admitted as a PP cardholder.
5/15/17 SEA D 12:30pm sign out no PP
5/18/17 SEA N 7pm Thursday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/18/17 ANC 11:30pm Thursday - no sign, denied, but admitted 45 minutes later (PP, flying AS)
5/19/17 ANC 3pm Friday - no sign, admitted (PP, flying AS)
5/23/17 PDX C 4pm Tue - admitted (PP, flying WN).
5/27/17 PDX 7:50am no sign
6/28/17 LAX 12:30pm/3:30pm- no sign, admitted
9/25/17 PDX 2:00 - sign out, admitted without comment (PP, flying AA)
11/8/17 SEA C 09:00 AM - admitted (PP, flying AS). Only a few seats available, but at least a few seats remained available the whole time I was there
11/16/17 LAX 09:00 AM- sign out, no PP
02/0319 LAX 5pm Sunday-sign out no PP (flying AS)
Print Wikipost

Priority Pass and denied entry at the Alaska Lounge b/c of space - 2018 and Earlier

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 12:41 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by acarney
Good going!! Do you know how long it took me to remember what I asked? :P

I think I was wondering if there was any news on if the PDX expanding AL would be moving to a new location, or if there was enough space around the current one to make the expansion at it's current location...
AS has been tight-lipped about the location. My guess is that it will be new space because it will be so much larger, but it's just a guess.
Old May 1, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Any reported NO PP signs out today? I don't fly until Wed.
Old May 2, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by dayone
AS has been tight-lipped about the location. My guess is that it will be new space because it will be so much larger, but it's just a guess.
I saw construction walls around part of the B gate area on Friday. Wasn't the Board Room originally over there before it's current location?
Old May 2, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Chase and Citi will then need to update all their documentation that says credit card holders and their guests can enter the lounges with a big asterisk.

Also, is the PP guest ban going to apply after the SEA C lounge opens? I presume this policy is until further notice...

When my wife is there I will still try and go in every time and have them tell me she is not allowed.

Yes, I could pay to join the lounge but seriously, if I am on an Alaska flight in First (upgrade) with a PP card and my wife and a lounge half full and still get turned away?

I think it would have been much more reasonable to limit to ONE guest which is consistent with some other lounge access rules.
I think this will make PP members even more angry when they are told they can almost get in but can't because they have a guest with them.
Why not just add your wife as a card holder?
Old May 2, 2017, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by rustykettel
I saw construction walls around part of the B gate area on Friday. Wasn't the Board Room originally over there before it's current location?
Converting the B gates to lounge would certainly allow for a much larger lounge (with a better view). I doubt that's happening though. The B gates still appear on graphics for the rebalancing plan https://popcdn.azureedge.net/pdfs/PD...0Balancing.pdf
Old May 2, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: AS (MVP), UA (silver), AA, DL, Hilton (Gold)
Do you think they'd let me take my wife in if...I used my CSR PP and she used my AMEX PP? Two separate accounts...

Last edited by pfpdx; May 2, 2017 at 5:23 pm Reason: for CSR typo
Old May 2, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: Inf Elite CO, lifetime AA Platinum
ID Checking

Originally Posted by pfpdx
Do you think they'd let me take my wife in if...I used my CSP PP and she used my AMEX PP? Two separate accounts...
They always check IDs and boarding passes when we check in. Why not just pay for a second card for your wife so this is never an issue?

And I assume you mean your CSR PP not CSP?
Old May 2, 2017, 5:24 pm

I have never had an AS lounge check my ID. Every other PP does though.
Old May 2, 2017, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Do you think they'd let me take my wife in if...I used my CSR PP and she used my AMEX PP? Two separate accounts...
I have never had an AS lounge check my ID. Every other PP does though.
I don't think they checked my ID last time (I don't recall all previous occurrences).

But does that really matter? I have my PPs here on my desk and they both have my name on it. The agent doesn't have to ask for an ID to discover that the names are the same and that my wife's name probably is not Steve.
Old May 2, 2017, 5:51 pm

Programs: Alaska MP
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
I don't think they checked my ID last time (I don't recall all previous occurrences).

But does that really matter? I have my PPs here on my desk and they both have my name on it. The agent doesn't have to ask for an ID to discover that the names are the same and that my wife's name probably is not Steve.
Yes...Please take advantage of the system so we can all come back here and then wonder why lounges aren't letting PP members in. SMH
Old May 2, 2017, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by chad75k
Yes...Please take advantage of the system so we can all come back here and then wonder why lounges aren't letting PP members in. SMH

Taking advantage of the system? I guess I can see your POV. From my POV I have two memberships that allow me entrance into the lounge. I used to pay for an additional user for the AMEX, for PP and GE fee for my wife. With CSR and Amex offering guesting benefits, I dropped the authorized user.

So ya, I am looking to see if there is a way to get my wife in with me the two-three times a year she travels with me.

I may end up switching her to the primary on the AMEX or the CSR and then we will both have our access independent of each other. Actually, that probably is what I will do. Am I still gaming the system? Suggesting the primary switch would have been a nicer way to respond than hurling an accusation at me. IMHO.
Old May 2, 2017, 6:40 pm

Anyone have a data point on whether the no guest policy was being strictly enforced, even if the lounge is empty? Looking specifically at LAX.
Oh and whether the signs are still out even with the no-guest policy?
Old May 2, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by HIFlya
Anyone have a data point on whether the no guest policy was being strictly enforced, even if the lounge is empty? Looking specifically at LAX.
Oh and whether the signs are still out even with the no-guest policy?
Is definitely strictly reinforced, even without me having fine there. They can't let guests in for any reason once it's in the rules
Old May 2, 2017, 6:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
Why not just add your wife as a card holder?
See previous response to the question. Reason: +$75 for authorized user add for maybe 2-3 visits for the year when until recently it was free and advertised as such by PP at the time I signed up.
Old May 2, 2017, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Is definitely strictly reinforced, even without me having fine there. They can't let guests in for any reason once it's in the rules
Thanks for the response, but sorry, I don't quite understand the bolded portion, can you clarify?
I guess I will either have to bring pancakes out to my wife and kids when I have a red-eye getting in at 5, or just pray that PP gets a new club somewhere in LAX before late August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.