Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2017, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
Yes.
Thanks, Air France it is then.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:11 am

Sorry if this is the wrong thread -- I have an AF open-jaw ticket that goes IAD-CDG-LIS on the outbound (AF metal) and IST-AMS-IAD on the return (KL metal). During the trip, I will be going from Lisbon to Berlin on a separate ticket. My schedule is now such that I can no longer spend much time in IST. Because it would be prohibitively expensive to change the open-jaw ticket (it's in J), if I were to buy a separate one-way KL ticket that goes TXL-AMS-IST, would it be possible for me to:

(1) check my bags in TXL such that they would go all the way to IAD (even if it meant having to fly through AMS twice)?

(2) avoid having to exit security/get a visa at IST?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by silentbob1974
Sorry if this is the wrong thread -- I have an AF open-jaw ticket that goes IAD-CDG-LIS on the outbound (AF metal) and IST-AMS-IAD on the return (KL metal). During the trip, I will be going from Lisbon to Berlin on a separate ticket. My schedule is now such that I can no longer spend much time in IST. Because it would be prohibitively expensive to change the open-jaw ticket (it's in J), if I were to buy a separate one-way KL ticket that goes TXL-AMS-IST, would it be possible for me to:

(1) check my bags in TXL such that they would go all the way to IAD (even if it meant having to fly through AMS twice)?

I think you are really looking into troubles here.
1) I don't think so
2) if the answer is no to 1), then this question is irrelevant as you will have to collect bags and re-check.

Good luck !
Old Mar 12, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Originally Posted by silentbob1974

Note that TK (Turkish Airlines) have regular TXL-IST flights, with one-way tickets around €100.

-- Henry
Old Mar 13, 2017, 9:32 am

Yes, thanks -- I've been tracking the TK non-stop flights and unfortunately for the day I'm traveling all the TXL-IST one-way tickets for the time I'm traveling are over 600.

Is there a reason why KL would not allow the checking of bags all the way through on separate tickets, if all four the flights (TXL-AMS-IST-AMS-IAD) are on their metal? It's not like I'm requesting interline here.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Firstly, appologies if this has been asked before. I am FB Silver and I want to book a Delta flight MAN-ATL. This is operated by Virgin. I will book through the Dela website and use my FB FF number.
Will I accrue Level and Award miles and at what %age?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 3:50 am

Does it have an DL flight number? Then yes, otherwise no.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 4:24 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Castleford Tiger
Firstly, appologies if this has been asked before. I am FB Silver and I want to book a Delta flight MAN-ATL. This is operated by Virgin. I will book through the Dela website and use my FB FF number.

Thanks in advance.
Whatever Delta earning rates are with AF as you booked a codeshare.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Castleford Tiger

Thanks in advance.
No FB miles if you fly VS even if booked under DL flight number. VS is not a Skyteam member.

Originally Posted by iRobert
Does it have an DL flight number? Then yes, otherwise no.
Sorry, but wrong in this case.

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Whatever Delta earning rates are with AF as you booked a codeshare.
No FB earning in this case.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Thanks. Thats a shame, might have to rethink.

CT
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:52 pm

Award mile choices

If you see an award on Air France or KLM site does it need to be a certain award level in order to buy that flight with Miles from another SkyTeam partner? I saw award availability on their site but when I went to Korean Airlines award site the same flights weren’t even an option.

I'm trying to locate flights which may have no fuel surcharges.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by dmarcus163
If you see an award on Air France or KLM site does it need to be a certain award level in order to buy that flight with Miles from another SkyTeam partner? I saw award availability on their site but when I went to Korean Airlines award site the same flights weren’t even an option.

I'm trying to locate flights which may have no fuel surcharges.
All bets are off when it comes to partner awards, you didn't specify which airline operates the flight you are looking at, however as with any FFP, if you can't find something you want online, give them a call and see if they can find it for you.
Old Mar 17, 2017, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Ditto
All bets are off when it comes to partner awards, you didn't specify which airline operates the flight you are looking at, however as with any FFP, if you can't find something you want online, give them a call and see if they can find it for you.
I was looking at Air France to fly with award miles but they have heavy fuel charges to Italy. My thoughts are to check other alliance partners to book through them and possibly save on fuel charges. Delta only showed their own flights and not Air France flights when I checked Deltas flights online.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
Hi there,

practical question: Qualified for FB Gold in november 2015 with a membership validity until march 2017 (as printed on the card). Requalified in 2016, so membership extended until march 2018. However, I have not received a new physical card yet. Is it normal that this takes so long?

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by tobitronics
Hi there,

practical question: Qualified for FB Gold in november 2015 with a membership validity until march 2017 (as printed on the card). Requalified in 2016, so membership extended until march 2018. However, I have not received a new physical card yet. Is it normal that this takes so long?

Thanks in advance!
A bit strange indeed - I always received the new cards by mid March at latest.
Just call them early April if it didn't show up - it might have got lost in the mail.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.