Flying Blue FAQ

Old Jun 19, 2016, 8:01 am
  #751  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Programs: FB platinum
Posts: 393
Yes there is soft landing as long as you have at least one qualifying flight in the year!
lynxy is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2016, 8:29 am
  #752  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Asia
Programs: FB Platinum
Posts: 186
okay thanks! will start planning some extra segments then for plat
natcin is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2016, 1:49 pm
  #753  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 95
Hope this is a good place to ask my question.

I've read on TPG about FB award travel to NOU and that got me interested. I went to flyingblue.com and found quite decent availability for LAX-SYD-NOU.

The problem is that I'm based in SEA and there's no availability SEA-LAX-SYD-NOU, though if searched independently there's plenty. Why is that? Do you think if I call, the agent will be able to help me and piece together such itinerary?

The reason why I want to do that is that returning flight NOU-NRT-SEA is much shorted than NRT-LAX and I also I can skip LAX-SEA. So here I am -- can you share your experience?

I'm not sure I'll be able to find a good agent on the phone who would go out of her ways to help me. If I know it is possible, then at least I can be insisting

Thanks in advance!
abcpp is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2016, 2:06 pm
  #754  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CPT,AMS
Posts: 4,425
Originally Posted by abcpp
Hope this is a good place to ask my question.

I've read on TPG about FB award travel to NOU and that got me interested. I went to flyingblue.com and found quite decent availability for LAX-SYD-NOU.

The problem is that I'm based in SEA and there's no availability SEA-LAX-SYD-NOU, though if searched independently there's plenty. Why is that? Do you think if I call, the agent will be able to help me and piece together such itinerary?

The reason why I want to do that is that returning flight NOU-NRT-SEA is much shorted than NRT-LAX and I also I can skip LAX-SEA. So here I am -- can you share your experience?

I'm not sure I'll be able to find a good agent on the phone who would go out of her ways to help me. If I know it is possible, then at least I can be insisting

Thanks in advance!
I would advice on checking availability for each single segment on the route you want to take, and then call FB to check if they can book it for you, there might be ticketing restrictions or it might just be a glitch in the online tool.
Ditto is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2016, 3:37 pm
  #755  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Glaschu
Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
Posts: 2,549
Originally Posted by abcpp
Hope this is a good place to ask my question.

I've read on TPG about FB award travel to NOU and that got me interested. I went to flyingblue.com and found quite decent availability for LAX-SYD-NOU.

The problem is that I'm based in SEA and there's no availability SEA-LAX-SYD-NOU, though if searched independently there's plenty. Why is that? Do you think if I call, the agent will be able to help me and piece together such itinerary?

The reason why I want to do that is that returning flight NOU-NRT-SEA is much shorted than NRT-LAX and I also I can skip LAX-SEA. So here I am -- can you share your experience?

I'm not sure I'll be able to find a good agent on the phone who would go out of her ways to help me. If I know it is possible, then at least I can be insisting

Thanks in advance!
Your itinerary has inspired me - thanks! After some preliminary digging, it appears that Aircalin flights now earn FB level miles (according to the FB Miles Calculator). Did I miss some news?

-- Henry
Henry III is offline  
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:50 pm
  #756  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,254
Originally Posted by Henry III
Your itinerary has inspired me - thanks! After some preliminary digging, it appears that Aircalin flights now earn FB level miles (according to the FB Miles Calculator). Did I miss some news?
Indeed. I missed that too. It is also written in the SB page of FB website.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:55 am
  #757  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Netherlands
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
Posts: 365
Originally Posted by Brendan88
Does anyone know how many miles a FB Plat can stand in debt? I thought it was 10% of the points you have at the time of booking a award ticket (example: you have 200.000 point in your account but can spend 220.000). Cant find it anywhere on the web but I have made use of this advantage a couple of years ago.
Just to answer my own question. The KL lounge staff confirmed that Plats can have a negative award mileage. As I explained above you can spend 10% more miles than you have in your account.
Brendan88 is offline  
Old Jul 8, 2016, 3:49 pm
  #758  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: San Francisco Penninsula
Programs: Bear Backers
Posts: 956
Do I need both an Air France account and a Flying Blue?

Just created a flying Blue account as I will be booking a flight on Air France in the next few months. Would also appreciate any tips etc on flying Premium economy. I joined because it is supposed to be better than Lufthansa
oskidunker is offline  
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:09 am
  #759  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,254
Originally Posted by oskidunker
Just created a flying Blue account as I will be booking a flight on Air France in the next few months. Would also appreciate any tips etc on flying Premium economy. I joined because it is supposed to be better than Lufthansa
There is no such thing as "Air France account" (see the title of you post). You have subscribed to Flying Blue, which is the frequent flyer program of Air France, KLM and a couple of other airlines (Tarom, Air Calin, Kenya Airways), and that's it.
And could you clarify what you mean by any tip about flying PE ?
Goldorak is offline  
Old Jul 14, 2016, 6:33 am
  #760  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London
Programs: FB Plat, BA Silver, Accor Plat, IHG Plat, BW
Posts: 1,099
Carry over level miles when dropping a status level

Could someone kindly confirm that my understanding of the following is correct?

I have Platinum status (and live outside France) and expect to end the year with between 50,000 and 55,000 level miles and something like 15 qualifying flights.

1 I shall be downgraded to Gold. I shall have earned enough miles for this level anyway (so it isn't, in fact, a soft landing).
2 But I shan't be entitled to any carry-over miles, because of the drop in status level.

Re 2, I was rather hoping I'd be able to carry over the miles in excess of the 40,000 I need to achieve Gold status, because I have, in fact, earned the miles for this level and am not being given a soft landing to it.

Many thanks
rangerss75 is offline  
Old Jul 26, 2016, 3:40 pm
  #761  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: 4me
Posts: 12,072
Do carry over level miles apply to Ivory? I just joined Flying Blue and will not earn enough miles to make Silver by the end of year. Will any miles earned this year as Ivory carry over to next year or will I start at zero?
TomMM is offline  
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:18 pm
  #762  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,254
Originally Posted by TomMM
Do carry over level miles apply to Ivory? I just joined Flying Blue and will not earn enough miles to make Silver by the end of year. Will any miles earned this year as Ivory carry over to next year or will I start at zero?
Logically, no carry-over for Ivory, as you didn't reach any upper threshold.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:32 am
  #763  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Baltimore MD
Posts: 3,458
How long does it take for a mileage refund if I cancel online- I am trying to figure out if I should cancel and rebook online or call the FB call center to change my ticket. (I'm changing the destination and date; same zone) Thanks!

FDW
FlyingDoctorwu is offline  
Old Jul 29, 2016, 7:34 am
  #764  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,254
Originally Posted by FlyingDoctorwu
How long does it take for a mileage refund if I cancel online- I am trying to figure out if I should cancel and rebook online or call the FB call center to change my ticket. (I'm changing the destination and date; same zone) Thanks!

FDW
Better to call IMO. Usually the refund in miles is immediate, but some have reported here that it can take sometimes one or two days.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:32 am
  #765  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 88
Quick question about gold status with KLM, when booking a flight with ivory, will he be entitled to the same benefit as I am? could I buy a preferred seat for the 2 of us with the 50% discount?
veryexcite is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.