Flying Blue FAQ

Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
You will need a bit of luck here but it might be OK. Even if your qualifying flight is credited on-time, the BP of your next flight in Y will likely not reflect your status unless your FB number will be deleted and re-entered in the booking at check-in. Also, your card/status will be updated in the AF or KL smartphone app, so you can show your digital card at the lounge dragon
Many thanks for your advice.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 2:47 am

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by paolo64
Next week I will have enough level miles for FB Gold. I know that KLM credits miles quite fast but 48 hours after that Gold-qualifying flight, I have a KLM Y sector and would like to access the lounge in AMS. I won't have an FB card but will the Gold status be shown on the boarding pass to facilitate lounge access? Thanks.
Sometimes the lounge dragon is not having a good day so he/she can deny you entry without a plastic card.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 3:41 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Sometimes the lounge dragon is not having a good day so he/she can deny you entry without a plastic card.
I was never asked for my plastic card in AMS lounge... a BP (whether paper or mobile) showing the status was always good enough.
Not to say it cannot happen, but being it a KLM lounge, and FB Gold, I doubt there should be any issue as long as the BP is showing the status.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: Costco Gold Star, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Ditto
I was never asked for my plastic card in AMS lounge... a BP (whether paper or mobile) showing the status was always good enough.
Not to say it cannot happen, but being it a KLM lounge, and FB Gold, I doubt there should be any issue as long as the BP is showing the status.
Well usually, an airline lounge wont ask for a card from their own elites. They might ask for a card if an Alitalia Elite Plus wants to enter.
Old Apr 18, 2016, 12:32 pm

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Next week I will have enough level miles for FB Gold. I know that KLM credits miles quite fast but 48 hours after that Gold-qualifying flight, I have a KLM Y sector and would like to access the lounge in AMS. I won't have an FB card but will the Gold status be shown on the boarding pass to facilitate lounge access? Thanks.
You can do a couple of things:
1) Log into your account on klm.com or airfrance.com or flyingblue.com and print out the confirmation you're Gold,
2) Use the AF/KL app to indicate your status.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Flying Blue awards can be booked up to 3 hours before departure (for short- and medium-haul), or 24 hours before departure (for long-haul) according to the Flying Blue booking tool

But does anybody know how long before departure you can still (presumably by phone only) cancel a short-haul reservation?

Additionally, for a Classic Award (change/cancellation fee: €45) redemption flight for which the cash element was less than €45 (i.e. on many one-way shorthaul redemptions) does anyone know from experience how the fee is applied - is it that you simply lose the entirety of the cash paid on the award (given that you paid less than €45 to begin with), or would they (hey! gotta ask!) request additional payment (to the total of €45) to return the miles?

Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Flying Blue awards can be booked up to 3 hours before departure (for short- and medium-haul), or 24 hours before departure (for long-haul) according to the Flying Blue booking tool

But does anybody know how long before departure you can still (presumably by phone only) cancel a short-haul reservation?

Additionally, for a Classic Award (change/cancellation fee: €45) redemption flight for which the cash element was less than €45 (i.e. on many one-way shorthaul redemptions) does anyone know from experience how the fee is applied - is it that you simply lose the entirety of the cash paid on the award (given that you paid less than €45 to begin with), or would they (hey! gotta ask!) request additional payment (to the total of €45) to return the miles?

Thanks!
No previous experience with that, but the conditions seems to be outlined here http://www.airfrance.nl/NL/en/common...ito_fb_ffp.htm

So according to my understanding, you can cancel any time before departure, and you will be refunded any charges you paid
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, but I was hoping to hear from people with direct experience. I already looked at the T&Cs but they don't quite say that:

Originally Posted by Flying Blue
Once the ticket has been issued, a Member may, subject to conditions, change or cancel his Award ticket prior to departure of the first flight segment and shall do so in accordance with the procedures as set forth in FB Communication
I want to hear other's specific experience as the "conditions" and "procedures" are not set out in writing (it may very well be that there is a deadline prior to departure).

It's also incorrect to say that all charges will be refunded - that applies only to Flex awards, and my question relates to Classic Awards, which always attract a €45 fee.

I have since found a thread from last year on this very subject...
Old Apr 21, 2016, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
They might ask for a card if an Alitalia Elite Plus wants to enter.
Take it from me...they always do!
Old Apr 22, 2016, 4:34 pm

My issue with becoming FB Gold and lounge access: the app showed gold, the boarding pass still showed silver but I was able to use Sky Priority checkin, security, lounge ...by showing the card on my phone as suggested above. And there was some hesitation at the lounge desk but quickly resolved. Nice.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 2:17 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
My issue with becoming FB Gold and lounge access: the app showed gold, the boarding pass still showed silver but I was able to use Sky Priority checkin, security, lounge ...by showing the card on my phone as suggested above. And there was some hesitation at the lounge desk but quickly resolved. Nice.
That BP will show your status at the time of booking, i.e. if you book when you're silver and become gold afterwards, then it will still say silver on BP.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Sjondorn
That BP will show your status at the time of booking, i.e. if you book when you're silver and become gold afterwards, then it will still say silver on BP.
Unless an agent delete and re-enter the FB number in the booking.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 5:37 am

Originally Posted by Sjondorn
Not my experience, in fact I became gold after taking the outbound leg of a return ticket, when I checked in online 3 weeks later for the return leg the boarding pass showed gold.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
As I know it is not allowed to double post, I am cross referencing here an information I posted in the Accor forum concerning FB members
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accor...e-members.html

@mods : feel free to move this posts if there is a better place, or delete.
Old May 4, 2016, 11:09 am

Cancel Classic Award

Until when can I cancel a Flying Blue Award ticket? I have a classic award booked but won't know until a day or two before if I can go.
Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.