Flying Blue FAQ

Old Apr 23, 2023, 11:46 pm
  #1546  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,208
Originally Posted by moonsidian
I booked an AF flight with FB miles a couple weeks ago, and now I see the exact same one available but for fewer miles. Assuming it isn't phantom space or anything, is there any way I can get the mileage difference credited back?
No, unless you do as you suggested below.

Originally Posted by moonsidian
Could I theoretically cancel my current booking, eating the cancellation fee, and re-book at the lower mileage cost? (Again, assuming the space is actually there.) Not that I'm particularly inclined to try.
Yes, you can. But, in those circumstances, it is strongly advised to book 1st the new ticket and then cancel the 1st one. You never know...
Of couse, you need to have enough miles in bank.
Goldorak is offline  
Old Apr 24, 2023, 1:22 pm
  #1547  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Somewhere between BHX and HUY
Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Posts: 1,740
Don't you need to also pay 50 cancellation fee?
Maestro Ramen is offline  
Old Apr 24, 2023, 1:25 pm
  #1548  
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Location: VLC
Programs: FB Plat (Y3), All Accor Gold (Y2)
Posts: 654
Originally Posted by moonsidian
Could I theoretically cancel my current booking, eating the cancellation fee.
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Don't you need to also pay 50€ cancellation fee?
I think this was covered already in the question 😊
Goldorak and Maestro Ramen like this.
b12e is offline  
Old Apr 25, 2023, 12:18 pm
  #1549  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Somewhere between BHX and HUY
Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Posts: 1,740
That must be a huge miles difference then to be worth those 50 euros!
Maestro Ramen is offline  
Old Apr 29, 2023, 12:25 pm
  #1550  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Posts: 6,058
In a nutshell: does AF care if two pax trade seats (between J and I)? Award tix, if it matters, no status.

Longer Q: I'm wanting to book 3 award tickets with 2 in J and 1 in I (for teen). MCO-ATL-CDG. Spouse and I both have amex plat cards so get lounge access to Skyclub regardless (and MCO and ATL don't have AF lounges). I'd have to pay for teen to join us. If I book one parent and teen in J and other parent in I so that teen can have access to lounges, how picky is AF about parent trading with teen for J on the long haul. My experience with DL is that they don't care. But I haven't tried this with AF.
CJ99 likes this.
Stgermainparis is offline  
Old May 1, 2023, 9:21 am
  #1551  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: CPT,AMS
Posts: 4,423
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
In a nutshell: does AF care if two pax trade seats (between J and I)? Award tix, if it matters, no status.

Longer Q: I'm wanting to book 3 award tickets with 2 in J and 1 in I (for teen). MCO-ATL-CDG. Spouse and I both have amex plat cards so get lounge access to Skyclub regardless (and MCO and ATL don't have AF lounges). I'd have to pay for teen to join us. If I book one parent and teen in J and other parent in I so that teen can have access to lounges, how picky is AF about parent trading with teen for J on the long haul. My experience with DL is that they don't care. But I haven't tried this with AF.
You need to consider that if you plan to have your teen in a different class they would have to be booked as unaccompanied minor (age dependant so might not be relevant in your case), given that it has an additional cost AF might be more picky about such a seat trade.
Ditto is offline  
Old May 1, 2023, 5:20 pm
  #1552  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Posts: 6,058
Originally Posted by Ditto
You need to consider that if you plan to have your teen in a different class they would have to be booked as unaccompanied minor (age dependant so might not be relevant in your case), given that it has an additional cost AF might be more picky about such a seat trade.
Thanks. Looks like 13+ doesn't require that. But good point bc that would've made the decision for me. In the end, AF website and phone agent and whatsapp chat were horrible and they couldn't book my tix (after I'd moved points over from Amex!). Now it is gone (or prohibitively expensive pointwise).
Stgermainparis is offline  
Old May 3, 2023, 11:55 am
  #1553  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Programs: FB Gold, Accor Gold, IHG One Rewards Platinum, SNCF Grand Voyager le club, Hertz 5* Gold,
Posts: 346
reward ticket benefits at booking time?

I'm currently FB Silver and plan to book a ticket with points for my wife later this year.
I know that passengers on reward tickets "inherit" the benefits of FB members, and i anticipate being back to FB Gold well before we travel (if a couple of customers can get their jobs done!).
If i book her reward ticket now will she get the silver benefits for my status today, or Gold benefits (hopefully) at the time of travel?

We'll be travelling together and I'll be using cash (well, an AF voucher) for my ticket, so it'll be on a different PNR. What could be the disadvantages of that - not being on the same PNR - in the case of "something happening"; for example, a cancelled flight? Is it feasible to link the 2 PNRs somehow so we're not treated as 2 solo passengers?
MalFr is offline  
Old May 3, 2023, 1:12 pm
  #1554  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,208
Originally Posted by MalFr
I'm currently FB Silver and plan to book a ticket with points for my wife later this year.
I know that passengers on reward tickets "inherit" the benefits of FB members, and i anticipate being back to FB Gold well before we travel (if a couple of customers can get their jobs done!).
If i book her reward ticket now will she get the silver benefits for my status today, or Gold benefits (hopefully) at the time of travel?

We'll be travelling together and I'll be using cash (well, an AF voucher) for my ticket, so it'll be on a different PNR. What could be the disadvantages of that - not being on the same PNR - in the case of "something happening"; for example, a cancelled flight? Is it feasible to link the 2 PNRs somehow so we're not treated as 2 solo passengers?
If you're Gold at the time of travel, it doesn't matter if your wife inherits of Silver or Gold benefits on her ticket because you'll be able to guest her in the lounge and use SkyP services with your Gold status.
You can ask for the 2 PNR to be linked but that's totally artificial and will be of no benefit at all in case of irrops.
Goldorak is offline  
Old May 3, 2023, 1:43 pm
  #1555  
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: MPL
Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Posts: 140
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You can ask for the 2 PNR to be linked but that's totally artificial and will be of no benefit at all in case of irrops.
What purpose does linking two PNRs serve in that case? I recently linked my upcoming reservation to my in-laws PNR so wonder what, if any, difference it will make. (They originate in CDG but we have a connecting flight first, so I couldnt book everything together.) Thanks as always
gncohen is offline  
Old May 3, 2023, 2:36 pm
  #1556  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,208
Originally Posted by gncohen
What purpose does linking two PNRs serve in that case? I recently linked my upcoming reservation to my in-law’s PNR so wonder what, if any, difference it will make. (They originate in CDG but we have a connecting flight first, so I couldn’t book everything together.) Thanks as always
it serves almost nothing. If someone actually looks at the PNR, he/she may see the remark but it's all manual. Anything that is handled automatically by the computer will not take it into account (e.g. automatic rebookings, op-ups, handling of overbooking, etc).
Same for linking 2 PNR's in case of travelling on separate tickets : you won't be protected in case of missing the "connection".
Goldorak is offline  
Old May 3, 2023, 6:00 pm
  #1557  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: AMS
Posts: 2,080
Originally Posted by Goldorak
[...]and use SkyP services with your Gold status.
Except that priority security is not a companion benefit and not given to silver members either.
CyBeR is offline  
Old May 4, 2023, 1:31 pm
  #1558  
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Programs: FB Gold, Accor Gold, IHG One Rewards Platinum, SNCF Grand Voyager le club, Hertz 5* Gold,
Posts: 346
Originally Posted by Goldorak
If you're Gold at the time of travel, it doesn't matter if your wife inherits of Silver or Gold benefits on her ticket because you'll be able to guest her in the lounge and use SkyP services with your Gold status.
How would it work in the (theoretical) case that i am Gold and her BP shows my current Silver for the other SkyP benefits? I assume SkyP wouldn't be shown on her BP, so would just push her in front of me when i go through?
MalFr is offline  
Old May 4, 2023, 1:41 pm
  #1559  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Paris, France
Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Posts: 22,208
Originally Posted by MalFr
How would it work in the (theoretical) case that i am Gold and her BP shows my current Silver for the other SkyP benefits? I assume SkyP wouldn't be shown on her BP, so would just push her in front of me when i go through?
For checkin, never an issue, just say that you are travelling together. For security, if the entrance of the priority lane is controlled by an agent, just say the same. It works almost everywhere. If you have to scan the BP on an automatic gate, then your wife won't be able to use the prio lane.
Goldorak is offline  
Old May 4, 2023, 3:18 pm
  #1560  
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,565
re checked bag fees is there a significant cost difference between paying in advance via economy standard vs econ light as opposed to just paying online or at the airport before the flight? this is AMS to BOD. the chart looks like 40 euros per bag at airport but I can't get a clear reading if there is a different, lower fee online. the cost difference between econ standard and light is $39 which would suggest no advantage to paying in advance.

econ flex is another $60 but gives us the comfort econ section and assigned seats for our family which could be nice so it may be moot as I may do that anyway
psychtobe is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.