Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2023, 6:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Best you stick to one program long term so that you eventually earn status. Also consider what miles are actually worth. With FB a long haul J return is 160k absolute minimum which is a lot of miles.
FB is an attractive program for status benefits. Not so much for using Miles to fly.
To be fair, in comparison to DL, 160k for a longhaul roundtrip in J doesn't sound that bad.

​​​​​
Old Feb 27, 2023, 1:38 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by hhdl
To be fair, in comparison to DL, 160k for a longhaul roundtrip in J doesn't sound that bad.

​​​​​
Bear in mind this is the bottom line price. For popular destinations like LAX it's easily double or triple that unless you are very lucky and prepare well ahead. How much would it cost with Delta then, and is the earning rate just as bad?
Old Feb 27, 2023, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Bear in mind this is the bottom line price. For popular destinations like LAX it's easily double or triple that unless you are very lucky and prepare well ahead. How much would it cost with Delta then, and is the earning rate just as bad?
I was kind of joking about the SkyPesos. The awards are priced with similar advance purchase, round trip, and minimum stay/day-of-week rules as cash fares, so there's a game in the DL forum of finding one-ways in J for a half million miles (and to be fair, there are plenty of easy ways to see such quotes from Flying Blue).

I just saw 158k DL miles (plus $85 in taxes/surcharges) roundtrip LAX-CDG for a Tuesday departure and Thursday the next week return in mid-June, which is probably a better deal than from Flying Blue.
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2023, 9:39 pm

I dunno, I find FB redemptions to be pretty good. I just flew SEA-CDG-FCO in business for 71k each way. Where the program is really good is when you have kids - they charge fewer miles. Where my ticket was 71k each way, my child's was only 55k miles. These weren't promo awards either. I also booked one of those for the return, and it was something around 160k total for 3 pax (1 child) FCO-CDG-SEA in business.
wuzziduzziman and hhdl like this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 9:51 pm

Question about earning XPs and miles: I was booked for a trip from the US to Brazil for work via LATAM's website. The first flight from NYC to GRU is operated by Delta, and the domestic connection is on LATAM. On the LATAM reservation, there is no option to add my Flying Blue number, but I was able to do so by retrieving the reservation on Delta's website. None of the PNR (Delta or LATAM) are recognized by Air France's website, which I guess makes sense.
Will I get XPs and miles for the flights operated by Delta, although they are marketed by LATAM?
Old Mar 2, 2023, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Klems
Question about earning XPs and miles: I was booked for a trip from the US to Brazil for work via LATAM's website. The first flight from NYC to GRU is operated by Delta, and the domestic connection is on LATAM. On the LATAM reservation, there is no option to add my Flying Blue number, but I was able to do so by retrieving the reservation on Delta's website. None of the PNR (Delta or LATAM) are recognized by Air France's website, which I guess makes sense.
Will I get XPs and miles for the flights operated by Delta, although they are marketed by LATAM?
No miles & XP for flights under LA code. And if you were on DL code, you would earn miles & XP only for flights operated by DL and not the one(s) operated by LA. LA is not part of Skyteam and is not a FP partner.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
No miles & XP for flights under LA code. And if you were on DL code, you would earn miles & XP only for flights operated by DL and not the one(s) operated by LA. LA is not part of Skyteam and is not a FP partner.
Thank you so much as always Goldorak , that's what I feared. Somehow I thought LATAM partnered with Air France, since they partner with Delta, Aeromexico etc and I should have known to confirm - rookie mistake. Oh well! Now I'll have to find a way to get my SkyPriority benefits on the Delta flights and credit the flights somewhere else...
Goldorak likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by Klems
Thank you so much as always Goldorak , that's what I feared. Somehow I thought LATAM partnered with Air France, since they partner with Delta, Aeromexico etc and I should have known to confirm - rookie mistake. Oh well! Now I'll have to find a way to get my SkyPriority benefits on the Delta flights and credit the flights somewhere else...
In that area of the world, Flying Blue prefers Gol and Copa (and, to the extent anybody or any group of people would prefer it, Aerolineas Argentinas).
Klems likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 11:39 am

I'm looking to book a flight with points on FB with China Airlines. What is the cancellation policy? Do I do the cancellation on the FB website I assume? Is it fully point refundable? Just FY, I have no status with FB
Old Mar 10, 2023, 12:14 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by lleung1980
I'm looking to book a flight with points on FB with China Airlines. What is the cancellation policy? Do I do the cancellation on the FB website I assume? Is it fully point refundable? Just FY, I have no status with FB
It is 50€ fee. Last time I was cancelling award, I paid the fee and then got refund of taxes and miles. It was 56 USD to be exact as I pay with AMEX issued in the US (it is still x5 ).
Old Mar 10, 2023, 1:38 pm

Programs: Accor, Hilton, Marriott, Radisson Gold; Aeroplan 35K
You need to call Flying Blue to cancel. And it's 50 EUR. In CAD it was 75 cuz of sucky exchange rate. You will be directed to automated system to make a payment. Not a bad idea to ask for EUR if you have a no-FX card (preferably Mastercard, as MC has been known to have the most favourable exchange rate).
Old Mar 10, 2023, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by precielous
You need to call Flying Blue to cancel. And it's 50 EUR. In CAD it was 75 cuz of sucky exchange rate. You will be directed to automated system to make a payment. Not a bad idea to ask for EUR if you have a no-FX card (preferably Mastercard, as MC has been known to have the most favourable exchange rate).
Thanks, I assume it is the same for changes too?
Old Mar 10, 2023, 2:15 pm

Programs: Accor, Hilton, Marriott, Radisson Gold; Aeroplan 35K
Thanks, I assume it is the same for changes too?
Yes. On top of any differences in FB miles, there's that 50 EUR change fee as well.
Old Mar 23, 2023, 4:45 am

Programs: Flying Blue (LTPE) All (Gold)
New rules on march 28

Published on AF/KLM business solutions:

As of 28 March 2023, Flying Blue will offer all Explorer, Silver, and Gold members a new benefits model that will put the loyalty program on a par with its competitors. The benefits for Platinum members remain unchanged. The new model offers Explorer members a 10% discount on their first additional bag, while Silver and Gold members can choose a paid seat option free of charge, respectively 24 hours and 72 hours before departure.
The benefits associated with a paid seat option bought before 28 March are not affected by the new benefits model.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 12:16 pm

I booked 4 tickets (on same reservation) on Air France using FB points. My understanding is that if I request refund online, both points and taxes will be refunded fully and will be charged a $50 fee for all 4 tickets or is the $50 fee per ticket? anyone clarify please?

Last edited by RJ5929; Mar 26, 2023 at 12:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.