Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:46 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by CyBeR
The top screenshot received a different amount of miles because the lower screenshot has more flights credited. Assuming the entire itinerary was the same, the top screenshot will probably have more flights credited in the coming days.
I am sorry but I don't think you get it. The total is obviously different since his flights back has not been credited yet so the total earning is not the same but each leg IST-JED, JED-BKK has different miles credited. With this math my father got around 1500 miles more for same flights IST-JED-BKK. He is also Platinum so not a bonus difference or anything like that.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter
I am sorry but I don't think you get it. The total is obviously different since his flights back has not been credited yet so the total earning is not the same but each leg IST-JED, JED-BKK has different miles credited. With this math my father got around 1500 miles more for same flights IST-JED-BKK. He is also Platinum so not a bonus difference or anything like that.
I did indeed misinterpret the question and edited it, sadly only after you read it. It's difficult to compare vertical screenshots that exceed the height of my screen.

The only thing I can think of is ancillaries (like chargeable seats) but those would normally be listed in that overview (and I'm not sure it even applies to partner bookings).
747jetter likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:52 am

Did you buy any ancillary products?
I did not, it was revenue business class ticket with one PNR for both so not even different fare classes.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:00 am

In that case I'd say it'd be worth it to contact FB to find out what is going on, even if just for curiosity.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 11:56 am

I tried searching, but google didn't get me anywhere - do award flights earn XP with FlyingBlue?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by PWMTrav
I tried searching, but google didn't get me anywhere - do award flights earn XP with FlyingBlue?
No they do not earn any XP.
PWMTrav likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
They don't.
PWMTrav likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by 747jetter
No they do not earn any XP.
Originally Posted by maalloc
They don't.
Thank you!
Old Nov 3, 2022, 6:00 am

Hello guys

So I am sitting on around 500k miles with Flying Blue having no idea what to do with them. I am going to reach Plat 4 life soon but I guess I will keep flying AF/KL and ST even in future as I simply like the airlines and have had enough of Star Alliance. What keeps me a bit off is the awards. I was considering to switching to another ST program but my friends from Delta told it aint any better there.

My biggest concern is about the miles now as I have literally no idea how to spend them. In the past I've used them on J to P upgrade but that was during covid so prices were reasonable. I also used a few on last minute positioning to LAX from EU (good old days for 55k miles). I find Promo rewards to be nice use of miles but long time no see some nice destination or anything interesting and more and more I doubt it is gonna change to better.

I only want to spend them on long haul in business or first. I won't likely use them on upgrades as I book long hauls into J only and dont depend on good offers during OLCI.

I was looking to go to Japan using 140k miles CDG-NRT-CDG as it is destination where I'd really like to go and the miles cost is probably ok for nowadays with expensive cash prices.

What else you spend your miles on?
Old Nov 13, 2022, 1:04 pm

With Flying Blue nowadays it is almost impossible to find reward tickets for the minimum amount of miles, most of the times it is extremely overpriced... Is it a glitch on the booking tool (which doesnt work that good anyway) ?
Old Nov 14, 2022, 9:13 am

Sorry if this was asked earlier - but I have a baggage question for a revenue trip booked on AF/KLM (to take advantage of Amex offer) for a DL flight. With the light fares, I realize they are essentially DL Basic Economy. My question is will I still get free checked bag as a DL Amex card holder? I assume it would only apply to the SkyMiles account with the benefit, and not to both - correct?
Old Nov 14, 2022, 10:16 am

KL and DL light fare are not the same but to my knowledge the free bag benefit only applies to skyteam elite and elite plus status passengers, so if your credit card gives you that then yes otherwise no.
Old Nov 16, 2022, 10:23 pm

Award reservation

Hello flyers,
I booked an award redemption on AF using FB. I'm not able to update my frequent flyer account on the ticket to a skymiles number. Anyone knows if it's possible or any new restrictions?

I was able to do it about an year ago, but the option to update frequent flyer account seems disabled now.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 3:48 pm

Award tickets do not earn miles so what would be the point?
hhdl likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2022, 3:51 pm

Award tickets do not earn miles so what would be the point?
Skyteam elite plus benefits that I get with DL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.