Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2022, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by MalFr
Will The Card (in either physical or App forms) likely be accepted in some of the outlier destinations for fast track security, etc - will the skypriority mark be shown on boarding passes until November?
It used to be a quirk of the system that the boarding passes would show the status that the passenger held at the time the reservation was made, rather than at the time of the flight. There is a chance that your next few boarding passes will be issued with a "SkyPriority" red label based on your expired Gold status; however, they may have fixed this such that they automatically print showing you as just Silver.

It would be good to hear back from you to let us know how it works out for you; given that so few people have been going up in status in the last 2+ years, and given that nobody could possibly have lost FB status until just a few days ago, we have no recent reports of what might happen now in this situation now (whether the status is "correctly" shown on the boarding pass where the status level has changed since the booking was made).

I'm not sure if showing a still-valid FB Gold card is a guaranteed way of getting fast track security; depending on where you are, and the individual you flash the card at, it may or may not work; I get the impression that, where a human is guarding access to Priority lines, what your boarding pass says/indicates carries more weight with them. You probably have a much better chance of getting access to Fast Track security if the boarding pass is still generated showing "SkyPriority". But humans are fallible, so you may or may not get access; it's worth trying, making sure to have your Gold card in hand.
blairvanhorn likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by MalFr
Thanks for the detailed explanation IrishGuy, it's clear. I was a little worried that something like that would be happening.
At least with the trips coming up i'll have a head start to reach 180XP again before next August.

Will The Card (in either physical or App forms) likely be accepted in some of the outlier destinations for fast track security, etc - will the skypriority mark be shown on boarding passes until November?
I believe if your current card says it's valid until November, then your membership level will indeed be valid until November. The next membership year will however only be 12 months rather than the traditional 15.

Also, if you have more than 100XP but less than 180 and are downgraded to silver, the remainder after deducting 100 will roll over to next year.

The good thing also about the soft landing is that it makes it not harder to reattain the level you had, as it requires only the same number of XP as you have already been getting to maintain that. I.e. if you were to drop back to zero (instead of silver) you'd need 100 + 180 XP to get back to gold, but thanks to the soft landing you only need the regular 180.
Fabo.sk likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: FB Gold, Accor Gold, IHG One Rewards Platinum, SNCF Grand Voyager le club, Hertz 5* Gold,
Originally Posted by irishguy28
It would be good to hear back from you to let us know how it works out for you; given that so few people have been going up in status in the last 2+ years, and given that nobody could possibly have lost FB status until just a few days ago, we have no recent reports of what might happen now in this situation now (whether the status is "correctly" shown on the boarding pass where the status level has changed since the booking was made).

I'm not sure if showing a still-valid FB Gold card is a guaranteed way of getting fast track security; depending on where you are, and the individual you flash the card at, it may or may not work; I get the impression that, where a human is guarding access to Priority lines, what your boarding pass says/indicates carries more weight with them. You probably have a much better chance of getting access to Fast Track security if the boarding pass is still generated showing "SkyPriority". But humans are fallible, so you may or may not get access; it's worth trying, making sure to have your Gold card in hand.
WIll do. My next flights are due to be mid september from BOD, i'll let you know how i get on.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:50 am

Programs: FB Gold, Accor Gold, IHG One Rewards Platinum, SNCF Grand Voyager le club, Hertz 5* Gold,
Originally Posted by CyBeR
Also, if you have more than 100XP but less than 180 and are downgraded to silver, the remainder after deducting 100 will roll over to next year.
Thanks, i wasn't aware of that, although it doesn;t help any today - barely got back back to 60XP, thanks to work travel being but by You Know Wnat.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, United Premier Silver
When can I expect paid upgrade to earn more XPs

I’d love to have a *definitive* answer to this question, if possible. Generally I know that paid upgrades up until before check-in opens should yield a change in fare class, hence more XPs. But upgrades offered pastcheck-in should not (i.e. you earn your original economy XPs). Is this right? Is there a general rule or could it depend on [something]?

I’m seeing upgrades for 89€ on my intra-Europe flight tomorrow (personal trip) and could consider paying if it results in more XPs (I’m a long shot to making Plat again by end of the year). I’m doubtful it would, but worth checking.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by itaexpat
I’d love to have a *definitive* answer to this question, if possible. Generally I know that paid upgrades up until before check-in opens should yield a change in fare class, hence more XPs. But upgrades offered pastcheck-in should not (i.e. you earn your original economy XPs). Is this right? Is there a general rule or could it depend on [something]?
Paid upgrades before checkin with additional XP : we had only one report like this on FT. We need more report to better understand how it works, in which circumstances it is proposed.
Paid upgrades after checkin opens : no more XP for sure.

I’m seeing upgrades for 89€ on my intra-Europe flight tomorrow (personal trip) and could consider paying if it results in more XPs (I’m a long shot to making Plat again by end of the year). I’m doubtful it would, but worth checking.
It won't result in more XP and this is a definitive answer !
Old Aug 16, 2022, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
It won't result in more XP and this is a definitive answer !
That’s crystal clear, thank you!
Old Aug 16, 2022, 5:49 am

Ok, actually one more question… I’m Platinum but unfortunately I currently expect to only reach 150XP by the end of the year (when my status expires). Luckily I’ll only be dropped one level to Gold, but how will the surplus work if I don’t even have the 180XP required for Gold? Will they just wipe out all XPs to zero? What should I expect?
Old Aug 16, 2022, 5:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
Ok, actually one more question… I’m Platinum but unfortunately I currently expect to only reach 150XP by the end of the year (when my status expires). Luckily I’ll only be dropped one level to Gold, but how will the surplus work if I don’t even have the 180XP required for Gold? Will they just wipe out all XPs to zero? What should I expect?
You will be Gold with 0XP.
Old Aug 20, 2022, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Am I right in thinking that we can't use Flying Blue miles for booking flights on ITA?
Being able to book tickets on Alitalia is a real loss I must say.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I'm starting to think they only admitted ITA to SkyTeam so that ITA doesn't have to peel off the stickers from Alitalia airplanes... It's almost a year and still no full integration.
wuzziduzziman likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rjburns
I stayed in economy. I thought harmonizing benefits across SkyTeam members was the key benefit of the union. Guess not
Be careful what you wish for. If you wanted "harmonizing" to the extent that every airline in Skyteam had to behave in exactly the same way, that would mean finding the lowest-common denominator and stopping any airline from offering anything that goes above and beyond that minimum standard. Delta would lose the ability to, e.g. allow your companions to select these paid Delta seats for free when travelling with you on the same reservation, and they would lose the ability to offer you systematic upgrades as a Delta Skymiles status member to First Class when seats are unsold at departure time (because these are NOT harmonized Skyteam benefits).
Old Aug 23, 2022, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I'm starting to think they only admitted ITA to SkyTeam so that ITA doesn't have to peel off the stickers from Alitalia airplanes... It's almost a year and still no full integration.
ITA is expected to fall into the clutches of Lufthansa after the extended deadline for offers expired last night.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 12:31 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinium; All Gold, A3 Gold, Safar Flyer Gold (OW Sapphire)
Dear all, i know that FB choses to not more send luggage tag and card for "environmental" reasons
But do you know by any chance if it's possible to grab some leftovers somewhere? Maybe at CDG lounge ?

Or if someone as the courtesy to send me one luggage tag ? Platinium in my case

Thanks in advance for the answer(s)
Old Aug 26, 2022, 12:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by AurelAF96
Dear all, i know that FB choses to not more send luggage tag and card for "environmental" reasons
But do you know by any chance if it's possible to grab some leftovers somewhere? Maybe at CDG lounge ?

Or if someone as the courtesy to send me one luggage tag ? Platinium in my case

Thanks in advance for the answer(s)
Only the P lounge has some specific La Première bag tags to give to customers. I am 99% sure that regular lounges don't have "regular" FB bag tags. However, they may have some nicer ones on sale as they sell some AF-branded travel accessories in the lounges.
AurelAF96 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.