Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2022, 4:12 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by wuzziduzziman
180XP in case you are Silver, else 100XP needed first to get there, then the XP counter will start from 0 again.
What do you mean "OW", OneWorld? FB is AF/KL, so Skyteam.
Ok, that makes more sense.

And I've meant SkyTeam, sorry about that, I was thinking about multiple things at once

What happens when I reach gold? Do I need 100+180 XP to renew it for another year again, or is 180 enough?
Old Apr 11, 2022, 4:50 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by the810
Ok, that makes more sense.

And I've meant SkyTeam, sorry about that, I was thinking about multiple things at once

What happens when I reach gold? Do I need 100+180 XP to renew it for another year again, or is 180 enough?
Once Gold is reached, you will only need 180 to renew it. If you don’t renew it, you would soft land down to Silver.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:24 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Gulbra
Once Gold is reached, you will only need 180 to renew it. If you don’t renew it, you would soft land down to Silver.
Perfect, so if I push for it one year, I should be able to retain it. Thanks!
Arpoador likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:37 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Ultimate, LATAM Black, ALL Platinum, Hertz Platinum
Perfect, so if I push for it one year, I should be able to retain it. Thanks!
Keep in mind that when you reach silver your qualifying year will reset, and you will have another 12 months to reach gold. Meaning you won't have to reach gold within only one year, assuming your are starting from scratch.
the810 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 6:02 am

Programs: FB Gold, IHG Diamond, Hilton Gold
Hi there,
can anyone confirm that Gold status at FB requires 180 XPs? Somehow I can't find the information on FB website...

https://www.flyingblue.nl/en/programme/status
the810 and Arpoador like this.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:29 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
I bought a KE business class ticket on the American Airlines website as it was the only website that would allow me to book the itinerary where the code is a KE code and the flight is on KE metal. Would it be possible to claim Flying Blue XP for the KE portion after I fly the segment?
Old Apr 17, 2022, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by physicsdude
I bought a KE business class ticket on the American Airlines website as it was the only website that would allow me to book the itinerary where the code is a KE code and the flight is on KE metal. Would it be possible to claim Flying Blue XP for the KE portion after I fly the segment?
sure, providing the flight has not been credited to another FFP.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 3:27 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Sounds a bit too good to be true.
Yes it's easier to get status with FB than other alliances. (If you are based in the UK at least)

Smart business move imo. I used to split my travels between AF/KL and LH/LX about 50-50, taking the cheapest of both always.

FB started rewarding me with silver and it escalated from there.

M&M never gave me anything. Even 2 long hauls and 1 short haul in J in same year and not even enough for their lowest tier.
And my miles expire after 3 years... terrible.

Now I do 90-10 AF/KL and only use LX when they have hard discounts or something.
wuzziduzziman likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Please accept my apologies if this has been already answered elsewhere on here, but I have got a question about claiming original routing credit (ORC) following an involuntary rerouting. I have been looking high and low all across the AF website but have so far been unable to find the specific place where to put in an ORC request on the website. Could someone kindly point me in the right direction. Cheers, ringway
Old Apr 27, 2022, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Ringway
Please accept my apologies if this has been already answered elsewhere on here, but I have got a question about claiming original routing credit (ORC) following an involuntary rerouting. I have been looking high and low all across the AF website but have so far been unable to find the specific place where to put in an ORC request on the website. Could someone kindly point me in the right direction. Cheers, ringway
here
https://www.flyingblue.fr/en/mileshub/claim/flights
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Many thanks for your very speedy reply, Goldorak; much appreciated!
Old May 26, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I made a round-trip award booking with FB miles as an Explorer (no status/revenue flights at all) and I was told by FB that I cannot change any segments whatsoever - one has to completely cancel the booking and rebook another.

However, I should have done that earlier if I knew...!

Anyway, new flights are ridiculously expensive, so not possible to cancel and rebook. If anything, I'm waiting for LH to open up inventory.

However, a friend who flies AF/KL a lot said that if one flew the 1st segment, one can change the return for a small fee - is this correct?

Thanks!
Old May 26, 2022, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I made a round-trip award booking with FB miles as an Explorer (no status/revenue flights at all) and I was told by FB that I cannot change any segments whatsoever - one has to completely cancel the booking and rebook another.
Unfortunately this is true even for FB elites.
Old May 26, 2022, 11:47 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by SFO777
Unfortunately this is true even for FB elites.
Wow...
Old Jun 2, 2022, 4:24 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask but does the FB program allow awards to be booked for unaccompanied minors on a partner airline? In my case, I'd like to book my niece on a AM nonstop (LAX-GDL). I see award space on the FB app but it doesn't let me book since my niece is not old enough (she's 14yo).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.