Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2020, 3:15 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by Goldorak
did you ask your Ulti TA ?
And they've shown up again... Looks like a matter for the "bugs on the website" thread.
Goldorak and SkyteamEP like this.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by westi2002
Correct, non-flight spendings are a bad way to value your miles. Since circumstances for flying and spending your miles are not optimal, I expect KL/AF to exend the validity again, so I would suggest to hang on to them.
As westi2002 predicted on 7th October, KLM/AF have indeed extended the validity of miles for those of us without Elite status who were due to lose them at the end of December. I received the following email last night, which links to this page with more information.

That page also has details on the steps taken for Elite members (I don't know if this has changed compared to what was there before, as I don't have Elite status)

I'm glad I sat tight, in the end - and I hope we are all able to get back to travelling by the second half of 2021!

Dear squawk,

We understand that travelling, and more specifically flying, may still be difficult at this moment.

Therefore we keep doing everything we can to preserve the best experience possible for you. And we are happy to let you know that we will extend our Miles expiry measure by another year. All your Miles will now automatically remain valid until 31 December 2021, so you can enjoy them whenever the time is right.

I hope this message finds you well and hope this updated measure takes away any concerns you may have.

Frédéric Kahane
SVP Customer Loyalty
westi2002 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 7:02 am

Programs: Marriott titanium, KL/AF FB Ulti
I guess AF liked 2020 so much that they added a 367th day to the year

ISTFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by arjen05
I guess AF liked 2020 so much that they added a 367th day to the year

Interestingly Turkish Airlines added the same exact 367th day on one of their promos.
Old Dec 25, 2020, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I'm FB Gold with an October 31 year end and Gold status expiring January 2022.
Currently sitting at 35XP and unlikely to reach 180XP by the end of next October.
Assuming no further COVID status extensions, what happens on October 31 assuming I have less than 100XP?
Soft landing to Silver for the following year? If I have more than 100XP, say 125XP, would 25XP then rollover to the next year?

I have a November La Première booking and two DL flights that will earn more than 180XP in a week.
Would I then be back at Gold for another year (until January 2023) after these November flights post?
Old Dec 26, 2020, 2:15 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
Flying Blue has soft landing. When you don't make the required XP for Gold you will go down to Silver. They will probably print a new Silver card for you, but as soon as you physically get it, you already made the 180 XP for Gold, then you are upgraded again. As the Elite status is kept 3 months after the qualification period, my reading is that you will never really fall below Gold. Any XP above 100 as of 31 October should be yours to roll-over. As you will qualify for Gold in November my understanding is that you have a new (re-)qualification period and are then Gold until Feb 2023.
https://www.flyingblue.com/en/programme/status
SFO777 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2020, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gkl
Flying Blue has soft landing. When you don't make the required XP for Gold you will go down to Silver. They will probably print a new Silver card for you, but as soon as you physically get it, you already made the 180 XP for Gold, then you are upgraded again. As the Elite status is kept 3 months after the qualification period, my reading is that you will never really fall below Gold. Any XP above 100 as of 31 October should be yours to roll-over. As you will qualify for Gold in November my understanding is that you have a new (re-)qualification period and are then Gold until Feb 2023.
https://www.flyingblue.com/en/programme/status
Thank you gkl. Appreciate the confirmation.
Old Dec 30, 2020, 6:30 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

How do I access the "premium support number" available to FB status members? Every time I call the general KLM support number for the US and input my FB number, I am simple told "Due to unforeseen circumstances this call could not be answered."
Old Dec 30, 2020, 6:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry
How do I access the "premium support number" available to FB status members? Every time I call the general KLM support number for the US and input my FB number, I am simple told "Due to unforeseen circumstances this call could not be answered."
If you are Platinum, the phone number should be indicated on your Flying Blue physical card or in your AF or KL app. Note the phone number is available to Platinum, not Gold or Silver members.

Last edited by offvoice; Dec 30, 2020 at 11:39 am
Old Dec 30, 2020, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by offvoice
If you are Platinum, the icône number should be indicated on your Flying Blue physical card or in your AF or KL app. Note the phone number is available to Platinum, not Gold or Silver members.
But there is also another Elite line for Silver and Gold members. The number is available as per the same modalities as the one you gave for the Platinum line.
Old Jan 1, 2021, 4:59 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

Originally Posted by Goldorak
But there is also another Elite line for Silver and Gold members. The number is available as per the same modalities as the one you gave for the Platinum line.
That's what I was looking for! I guess I will wait for my card to arrive and see if there is a number listed.

Do Silver members also get priority baggage handling? For my first two trips as a Silver there was no "Priority" marked on my bag.
Old Jan 2, 2021, 10:41 am

Programs: FlyingBlue
Originally Posted by Sleepy_Sentry
That's what I was looking for! I guess I will wait for my card to arrive and see if there is a number listed.
If you have a pending reservation with AF that you access from AF.com website, you can see at the bottom of the page a "need help/contact us" section which displays the local phone number that best matches your FB status.
Old Jan 6, 2021, 6:20 am

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
You can also, once loged-in on AF website, start a booking and on the bottom of the page you'll get a "want some help" and the phone number for the silver line should be there.
Old Jul 28, 2021, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
deleted

Last edited by Concerto; Jul 28, 2021 at 3:37 am
Old Jul 28, 2021, 5:15 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
If one books a long haul Premium economy fare does the feeder get economy XPs or Premium economy XPs? ,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.