Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2020, 8:22 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
You don't need to use them up immediately, credit a quick domestic trip on Delta or Westjet to FB and all your miles are prolonged. I would surmise that if you can neither credit a single mile to FB nor make booking to use the miles by some time next year... then either you or AF has much bigger problems than miles going to waste (even if it's a large number of miles)
Thanks and yes I have thought about using in other areas. Like most of us the stress the virus brings to all of us coupled with a host of "what if"

Stay well and thanks
Old Mar 27, 2020, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I don't know about BA.

A single European international flight is 5XP in Y, 15XP in C, so your calculations are correct.

Status bads are correct, also the clock resets with every upgrade. So once you reach Silver, you have a year to reach 180XP to get Gold, then you have again a year to reach 300XP to reach Platinum, then you always have a year to earn 300XP to requal for Platinum again. XP are carried over.
So to confirm, once I hit platinum after 580 XP qualifying, it's only 300 XP to renew or have I misunderstood that?
Old Mar 27, 2020, 2:31 am

Originally Posted by HeyUpDuck
So to confirm, once I hit platinum after 580 XP qualifying, it's only 300 XP to renew or have I misunderstood that?
correct
HeyUpDuck likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 10:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Le ClubAccor Gold
Do we get xp on DL flights operated by Hawaiian Airlines?
I guess it is no as it is not a skyteam member.
But as Hawaian is a skyteam partner...maybe ? I thought...so it is definitely a "no"
Old Apr 11, 2020, 5:25 am

This is a stupid question but I can't figure it out, I'm looking at AF/KL flights to CDG from LHR for Dec 20, is there a way to be billed in EUR, I've looked all over the AF/KL sites and there doesn't appear to be anything about changing the payment currency.

I don't mind paying GBP as I'm UK based but I'm using a Dutch card to pay and would rather avoid the FX fee.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 6:25 am

Programs: KL Plat
Originally Posted by HeyUpDuck
This is a stupid question but I can't figure it out, I'm looking at AF/KL flights to CDG from LHR for Dec 20, is there a way to be billed in EUR, I've looked all over the AF/KL sites and there doesn't appear to be anything about changing the payment currency.

I don't mind paying GBP as I'm UK based but I'm using a Dutch card to pay and would rather avoid the FX fee.
Pick an AF site in the Eurozone. AF seems to apply the currency of the site location rather than origin. KL sets currency based on origin.

AF.nl adds a €10 booking fee, AF.fr doesn't seem to, although the price only seems €9 cheeper on AF.fr, whilst AF.de AF.gr a full €10 cheaper than AF.nl. Shop around

Last edited by Solevita; Apr 11, 2020 at 6:31 am
Old Apr 12, 2020, 7:24 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
If you use the AF app you should be able to pay always in your local currency. I have it setup that way although I dont quite remember how!!!
Old Apr 12, 2020, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Select More/settings/country.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 1:05 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
As a plat, I get an extra piece of check in luggage with ST. What happens if my first flight is with KL(AMS-CPH) and the next 2 flights are with SQ (CPH- SIN-BNE). Everything is on one ticket so it should be checked through to BNE but could SQ claim compensation from me for the extra piece?

I have done such before but then the majority of the distance was with ST.

To make it a bit more difficult, I would be taking a bicycle with me as that extra piece. Will this be allowed by SQ without paying extra?
If I am correct, KL will accept the bicycle as an extra piece, right?
Old Jun 4, 2020, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Brendan88
As a plat, I get an extra piece of check in luggage with ST. What happens if my first flight is with KL(AMS-CPH) and the next 2 flights are with SQ (CPH- SIN-BNE). Everything is on one ticket so it should be checked through to BNE but could SQ claim compensation from me for the extra piece?

I have done such before but then the majority of the distance was with ST.

To make it a bit more difficult, I would be taking a bicycle with me as that extra piece. Will this be allowed by SQ without paying extra?
If I am correct, KL will accept the bicycle as an extra piece, right?
the rule of the most significant flight will apply to the whole itinerary i.e. CPH-SIN/SQ.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 1:12 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi all,
Am in a situation which I am not sure how FB will work in this case.
I initially had a reservation marketed by KQ and some flights operated by KLM. However due to the current situation, I had to postpone my return which were all initially flights marketed by KQ. However after calling KLM (as KQ agent here in Europe), for the new ticket, the flights are all now KL numbered (even those operated by KQ).
Therefore I am wondering, how will be the miles be calculated for these flights? Distance based or $$ based. If $$ based, can I argue after flying these flights with FB that they were originally KQ marketed?
[distance based is more advantageous for me].

Cheers!
Old Jun 16, 2020, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Hi all,
Am in a situation which I am not sure how FB will work in this case.
I initially had a reservation marketed by KQ and some flights operated by KLM. However due to the current situation, I had to postpone my return which were all initially flights marketed by KQ. However after calling KLM (as KQ agent here in Europe), for the new ticket, the flights are all now KL numbered (even those operated by KQ).
Therefore I am wondering, how will be the miles be calculated for these flights? Distance based or $$ based. If $$ based, can I argue after flying these flights with FB that they were originally KQ marketed?
[distance based is more advantageous for me].

Cheers!
I believe it will be €€ based
Old Jun 17, 2020, 2:46 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, AccorLiveLimitless Platinum, Qatar Airways Gold
But you can always request them to credit the original miles. They should not make an issue out of that.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Brendan88
But you can always request them to credit the original miles. They should not make an issue out of that.
I do not believe that they would post the "original miles", as those miles relate to a flight that was voluntarily changed.

If the passenger was required by the airline to travel on different flights, meaning that it was the airline's fault alone that the OP couldn't travel as originally booked, then sure, original routing credit should not be a problem; however, as the new flights are a result of the passenger's own request, the full consequences of that choice should be borne by the passenger, who requested them. (Maybe if the flights were cancelled prior to the passenger's request to rebook; otherwise there should be no reference to the original flights for mileage earning purposes).

Last edited by irishguy28; Jun 17, 2020 at 6:44 am
Old Jun 17, 2020, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I also second that the earning should be based on the spend; KLM should be able to determine how much of the original spend was assigned to these flights.

Last year, I was travelling on a CI ticket that included CI's codeshares on the AF flights between Paris and Taipei in both directions. As reported in the thread: AF launches Taipei (TPE)-Taiwan, China Airlines dropped their codeshares on these AF flights back in January of last year, prior to my trip.

After contacting CI in response to the receipt of these "cancellation" emails, and in order to restore my ticket to a flyable condition, they reissued the ticket with the flight CI9238 (CDG-TPE) rebadged as AF552, and with the flight CI9237 (TPE-CDG) rebadged as AF557.

The flights earned based on spend...despite CI having a more distant relationship than KQ to AFKL, AFKL could still see the amount of the fare for their flights.
Attached Images   

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.