Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2019, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by BobTL

you will get the XP’s as it was a 100% paid ticket. No difference.
This is wrong. An award ticket paid partly in cash doesn’t earn any miles and XP.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak

This is wrong. An award ticket paid partly in cash doesn’t earn any miles and XP.
Goldorak is of course correct. When it’s an award ticket you will not earn any XP regardless how you pay.
I read your post wrong. Sorry
Old Aug 10, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL

Isn't it a revenue ticket paid partly with miles? or is that how LH does it?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Isn't it a revenue ticket paid partly with miles? or is that how LH does it?
you can’t pay a revenue ticket partly with miles on AFKL. Only paid options (seats, meals, lounge access, etc!) can be paid by cash or miles.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: FB Gold, Accor Gold, IHG One Rewards Platinum, SNCF Grand Voyager le club, Hertz 5* Gold,
Thanks all, now paid in cash.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:50 am

Hi
I would like to extend my Flying Blue miles as it will expire soon. Am I correct assuming that I fly a qualifying flight on any Sky Team it will extend it to another 2 years?
I am planning to take Aero Mexico internal flight either on Classic or AM Plus.

I have message flying blue 2 days ago buy yet to hear from them.

Many Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
Originally Posted by relaxingflyer
Hi
I would like to extend my Flying Blue miles as it will expire soon. Am I correct assuming that I fly a qualifying flight on any Sky Team it will extend it to another 2 years?
I am planning to take Aero Mexico internal flight either on Classic or AM Plus.

I have message flying blue 2 days ago buy yet to hear from them.

Many Thanks
Yes this is correct, any SkyTeam flight that you credit to Flying Blue will extend the life of your miles.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by glennhaak
Yes this is correct, any SkyTeam flight that you credit to Flying Blue will extend the life of your miles.
Thank you very much for your quick response, much quicker compare to the official channel!
Old Aug 16, 2019, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by glennhaak
any Skyteam flight booked in an earning fare for FB. With partners, there are plenty of fare buckets that earn nothing with FB.
@OP : check the AM earning table on FB web site and book in one of the eligible fares.
glennhaak likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Quick question on points LePremier is out ?
Old Aug 18, 2019, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by edgewood49
Quick question on points LePremier is out ?
I don’t think anyone here can understand your question. Please clarify.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 6:45 am

I don’t think anyone here can understand your question. Please clarify.
Sorry and you're correct. I am planning a trip and was wondering why I don't see Le Premier as an option for all miles? Do to slowing of my involvement at my company my international travel has slid hence lack of status on AF. Not that the new business class isn't worthy. Hope that helps
Old Aug 18, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: FB platinum
You need to have status with AF to book La Première flights as awards.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by lynxy
You need to have status with AF to book La Première flights as awards.
Ah so that's why I don't see it anymore ! The parallels of phasing out !!! At least my butt isn't so sore these days.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Still got a doubt about the availability of Platinum benefits. Yesterday, back to economy and flying Alitalia from Milan with a companion, I was unable to use fast track security at MXP. After being brusquely turned away, the next agent sent us to the right which is where the fast track people would have ended up. Seems a bit stupid and pointless. So does Flying Blue or Air France or whoever not offer security fast track to someone accompanying me?

The lounge was also a bit sticky, although everything was alright in the end. It was early in the morning and I wasn't in a very good mood by then. It was so badly signposted that I had done a lot of walking by the time I reached the Monteverdi lounge, which wasn't exactly near gate A30. I didn't know the Monteverdi was for Alitalia and I had seen and followed "Casa Alitalia" in the wrong direction to begin with. The lounge is certainly nothing to write home about, like most Italian lounges. Boarding presented no problems, but it ended up being a bus and that meant that those who got on first got off last, of course.

The trick in Italy, obviously, is just to stay cool and swing with things and most of the time it simply doesn't matter if things go a bit wrong, everything works out in the end. It's just that there are an awful lot of people milling about in the summer months which makes everything just that bit more tiring than usual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.