Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2022, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Unfortunately this is true even for FB elites.
I booked an award and see different things in different places about changes. In booking process, it says changeable for fare difference up until first flight; in the confirmation email and in the app it says unchangeable; in my booking online, it says I can change for fare difference but can't do it online and have to call. I booked this award with the idea I could change it if saver award space opened on a preferably timed routing. So if a preferable itinerary opens up, will I be able to change if I call in? Or is the process, cancel and rebook in one call?
Old Jun 19, 2022, 7:08 pm

Programs: AY+ (Emerald), OZ (*G), IHG (Diamond)
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
It is H class, yes.

thank you
Old Jun 21, 2022, 11:11 pm

Hi, not sure if this is the correct thread or not. I have a FB reward booking on Air France metal (CDG-LAX) that I made with my flying blue explorer account. I am a Delta Plat (Skyteam Elite Plus), and know that generally I can select free preferred seats on Air France (like Duo seats). I tried calling AF to give them my delta # and hopefully somehow link that to my reservation, but the agent just said he couldn't see a way to do that in his system because it was a flying blue reward booking, and then transferred me to a Delta customer service line. I gave up waiting for Delta and hung up, expecting there wasn't anything they could do and this is really only something AF could help me with.

Has anyone been in a similar situation before and had luck doing such a Delta Medallion account linking to a FB reward flight with an AF phone agent?
Thanks!
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
I booked an award and see different things in different places about changes. In booking process, it says changeable for fare difference up until first flight; in the confirmation email and in the app it says unchangeable; in my booking online, it says I can change for fare difference but can't do it online and have to call. I booked this award with the idea I could change it if saver award space opened on a preferably timed routing. So if a preferable itinerary opens up, will I be able to change if I call in? Or is the process, cancel and rebook in one call?
This seems pretty clear (and hopefully definitive) that I can change for fare difference before first flight https://www.flyingblue.us/en/news/rebook-policy. Only catch is I have to call in and get a human being to do it for me?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Does earning miles via ALL stays extend mileage duration/expiry?
Old Jun 25, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Does earning miles via ALL stays extend mileage duration/expiry?
Not 100% sure but I thought you had to fly AF/KL once every two years to extend one's mileage.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS G75k, Hyatt Globalist
(Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask) I booked a flying blue award ticket on Air France from CDG to another Schengen destination, booking class G. After checking in online I noticed my boarding pass has sky priority on it, I have no elite status with sky team whatsoever, is this a glitch of some sort? Would I be able to use the priority lanes? Thanks
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by icejan
(Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask) I booked a flying blue award ticket on Air France from CDG to another Schengen destination, booking class G. After checking in online I noticed my boarding pass has sky priority on it, I have no elite status with sky team whatsoever, is this a glitch of some sort? Would I be able to use the priority lanes? Thanks
IIRC award flights are classed as FLEX fares and therefore have SP always bundled with. In CDG you will be able to access the SkyPriority lanes with your BP with SP mark on it.
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat (1mm),Marriott LT Plat, Avis PC, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
My wife and I are booked on KLM from IAD to AMS. I am Delta Platinum/ SkyTeam Elite Plus. My wife currently has no status. We are on a paid ticket on the same PNR.

I am able to select an Economy Comfort seat at no charge. KLM.com wants $120 for my wife to sit with me.

Question: Do my SkyTeam Elite Plus benefits (i.e. seat selection, lounge access) extend to my companion on same PNR?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: FB Platinum PA; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by rjburns
My wife and I are booked on KLM from IAD to AMS. I am Delta Platinum/ SkyTeam Elite Plus. My wife currently has no status. We are on a paid ticket on the same PNR.

I am able to select an Economy Comfort seat at no charge. KLM.com wants $120 for my wife to sit with me.

Question: Do my SkyTeam Elite Plus benefits (i.e. seat selection, lounge access) extend to my companion on same PNR?
Seat selection only for the Platinum member. Your wife has lounge access as your guest.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat (1mm),Marriott LT Plat, Avis PC, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Thank you for a quick response. Making the Elite Plus member sit apart from his travel companion makes sense. (not)

Even Delta and United don't do that.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 5:13 pm

Programs: KL Plat
Thank you for a quick response. Making the Elite Plus member sit apart from his travel companion makes sense. (not)

Even Delta and United don't do that.
They aren't forcing you to sit in EC away from your companion, that's your choice. Would be nice if fellow travellers could also benefit from free EC seating but that's not how it works.

One possibility is to select the last row of EC and put your companion in the row behind then once boarding's complete if there's space ask if your companion could join you.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 7:29 pm

I stayed in economy. I thought harmonizing benefits across SkyTeam members was the key benefit of the union. Guess not
Old Jun 29, 2022, 11:49 pm

I stayed in economy. I thought harmonizing benefits across SkyTeam members was the key benefit of the union. Guess not
That you are getting to pick an EC seat for free as a DL plat isn't a SkyTeam benefit, it's specific to AFKL and Delta.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
I believe you do get to select a Y vanilla seat for free for your travel companions, whereas if you don't have elite status you need to pay for that as well.

At least that's something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.