Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2022, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by cajunguy
Question....I booked flights on AF, transferred Chase points to complete the booking. If the amount of miles(points) on my flight is changed, reduced, does AF refund the miles?
No. The same applies for a revenue booking. However, if the price in miles decreases significantly after your booking, you can still cancel and rebook.
cajunguy likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:43 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Originally Posted by Goldorak
No. The same applies for a revenue booking. However, if the price in miles decreases significantly after your booking, you can still cancel and rebook.
Thank you! I do realize that this won't go back to my Chase UR but will stay with FlyBlue. I think I'll keep checking as when I first looked at the flight it was much less than when I booked it. I should have jumped on it when I first looked.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 2:44 pm

If i fly a return ticket on Copa (CM) from VVI to MEX, via PTY, do I get any XP, considering that these flights don't have any AF/KL code share?
Old Jan 22, 2022, 4:43 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
yes, Copa is a Flying Blue partner and you can earn XP as long as the booking class is eligible (see Flying Blue website)
Old Feb 9, 2022, 2:25 am

But outside of the covid time, cancellation will cost right?
Old Feb 9, 2022, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by deepakvrao
But outside of the covid time, cancellation will cost right?
correct
Old Feb 21, 2022, 3:55 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
It looks like I will be joining Flying Blue due to my employers now deciding to choose Flying Blue corporate. These are rather silly questions, but for flying blue, you need to first get silver and then get gold (i.e a total of 280 xp in first year as flying blue member)? For the current 50% bonus xp, they must be AF/KL metal booked through either AF or KL's websites, correct?

Thanks in advanced!
Old Feb 21, 2022, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by physicsdude
It looks like I will be joining Flying Blue due to my employers now deciding to choose Flying Blue corporate. These are rather silly questions, but for flying blue, you need to first get silver and then get gold (i.e a total of 280 xp in first year as flying blue member)? For the current 50% bonus xp, they must be AF/KL metal booked through either AF or KL's websites, correct?

Thanks in advanced!
I suppose you mean AFKL corporate instead of FB, as FB is just the frequent flyer program.
For the 50% bonus, it applies to all flights under AF or KL code, whatever the booking channel and whatever the operating airline is. So you can be on a DL plane booked under the AF code-share and it will be eligible.
physicsdude likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by physicsdude

Thanks in advanced!
Since Goldorak forgot to answer the other question: yes, to go from nothing (Explorer) to Gold you must first pass startsilver at 100 points, so to get there you must earn a total of 280 points. Note that when you reach Silver your qualification period restarts so you have a full year from that moment to do it. So technically you have two years: one to reach 100 points (silver) and then another to reach gold (180 points). Of course you can cut the first one short if you gain the 100 points in under a year.
Goldorak and physicsdude like this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 8:14 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
Conditions on ticket for changes

I'm currently reading the terms and conditions on the ticket I'm about to purchase, which is in booking class code Z and says that "You can change your ticket for free any time. However a fare difference may apply. This ticket is changeable but non-refundable and must be used in sequential order for the specified journey and in the specified dates." I just want a little clarification of what parts I can change for the ticket after purchasing it just in case some things may change later on.
Old Mar 11, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Letters are immaterial.

You can change pretty much anything for the ticket, but it will be repriced. Refund is only allowed when cancelled by the airline.
The ticket must be used in the way it is issued (route and day) but that does not preclude changing it (for a reprice) even after initial departure.
physicsdude likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Can someone help me to understand the logic of the following case (if there is a way…). I have revenue ticket to Canada, in Y. Price around 400€. I spoke to the Ulti TA today and asked them how much it would cost in miles to upgrade the ticket. They said 80k for the outbound and 60k for the return. I didn’t do it. But after the call, by curiosity, I looked how much miles would be needed to book an award ticket in J upfront, and it was 55K for each leg. Is there any logic behind this as I am confused.
Old Mar 27, 2022, 2:28 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue
Can someone help me to understand the logic of the following case (if there is a way…). I have revenue ticket to Canada, in Y. Price around 400€. I spoke to the Ulti TA today and asked them how much it would cost in miles to upgrade the ticket. They said 80k for the outbound and 60k for the return. I didn’t do it. But after the call, by curiosity, I looked how much miles would be needed to book an award ticket in J upfront, and it was 55K for each leg. Is there any logic behind this as I am confused.
AF pricing system is probably counting on the fact that, as an Ulti, you don’t know anything about 1) good or bad prices for a given route & time 2) the different ways to get the same service. Makes sense for a novice flyer. Oh, wait…
Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Hi there,
can anyone confirm that Gold status at FB requires 180 XPs? Somehow I can't find the information on FB website, however Iranian website of Air France (of all places) mentions this number. Is it correct? And if I got it right, it doesn't matter which OW carrier I fly?

Sounds a bit too good to be true. Basically it would mean that 9 return trips per year get me Gold status (as all of my flights would include transfer in AMS, that means 10 points for one-way European trip in economy and 20 for return). While OW isn't my preferred alliance, I like KLM and I can see myself switching to them if I can earn status this easily. The fares are good and it appears they give free baggage to pax with a status, even on HBO fares, which would provide substantial savings for me.
Old Apr 11, 2022, 3:57 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by the810
Hi there,
can anyone confirm that Gold status at FB requires 180 XPs? Somehow I can't find the information on FB website, however Iranian website of Air France (of all places) mentions this number. Is it correct? And if I got it right, it doesn't matter which OW carrier I fly?

Sounds a bit too good to be true. Basically it would mean that 9 return trips per year get me Gold status (as all of my flights would include transfer in AMS, that means 10 points for one-way European trip in economy and 20 for return). While OW isn't my preferred alliance, I like KLM and I can see myself switching to them if I can earn status this easily. The fares are good and it appears they give free baggage to pax with a status, even on HBO fares, which would provide substantial savings for me.
180XP in case you are Silver, else 100XP needed first to get there, then the XP counter will start from 0 again.
What do you mean "OW", OneWorld? FB is AF/KL, so Skyteam.
the810 and hhdl like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.