Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2022, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask but does the FB program allow awards to be booked for unaccompanied minors on a partner airline? In my case, I'd like to book my niece on a AM nonstop (LAX-GDL). I see award space on the FB app but it doesn't let me book since my niece is not old enough (she's 14yo).
I believe you should call FB as you will need to ensure UM service is available on this flight.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:33 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold | Marriott Titanium
Question - I had a flight with at stopover, AF marketed (both legs) but DL executed. Due to a delay my second leg was rebooked by DL to a later flight, however due to the rebooking I no longer had a AF flight number but a DL flight number… result is I only received 50% XP extra for the first leg - will or should AFKL grant me the 50% extra on the 2nd leg too since the original booking was AF marketed?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 12:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by thehyrax
Question - I had a flight with at stopover, AF marketed (both legs) but DL executed. Due to a delay my second leg was rebooked by DL to a later flight, however due to the rebooking I no longer had a AF flight number but a DL flight number… result is I only received 50% XP extra for the first leg - will or should AFKL grant me the 50% extra on the 2nd leg too since the original booking was AF marketed?
Yes, contact Flying Blue asking for original routing credit.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, BA Bronze, Ex-skywards Platnium
I have a few silly questions. Do WestJet encore flights count for FB xp? Does FB still give out physical cards and/or luggage tags for when you get FB Gold?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:33 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by physicsdude
I have a few silly questions. Do WestJet encore flights count for FB xp? Does FB still give out physical cards and/or luggage tags for when you get FB Gold?
Seems like WestJet is a partner so yes you'd earn XP. But no on the luggage tags.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold | Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by offvoice
Yes, contact Flying Blue asking for original routing credit.
Is it just me or is it next to impossible to contact Flying Blue? I am not getting a response from KLM or AF by chat, not FB directly by email... nothing.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
If one is Gold and gets between 101-179 (inclusive) XP in their requalification year, do they become Silver with zero XP or 1-79 XP? Does "Elite members will keep any surplus XP they gained" imply the 1-79 XP situation? This is basically the only hazy area of my mental model for FB status.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Edited: I may have given incorrect info
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Hilton Honors, Amtrak Guest Rewards
Originally Posted by irishguy28
If you're Gold and you fail to hit 180XP, you start the next membership year with Silver status and 0XP.

You only get a rollover of XPs if you maintain your status level.

Going down in status automatically means starting with 0XP at the new, lower level.
I had thought it was 0 XP Silver, but then what to make of

"If you don’t reach the XP threshold to keep your level, you’ll move to a lower level after the validity of your current level ends. This lasts until the end of your qualification period or until you level up again. Elite members will keep any surplus XP they gained" (note that this is in the bullet about failing to requalify, so what would the surplus XP be in a failed requalification?)

(I'm working on a finite-state machine model of FB status, which is why I ask)
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by hhdl
If one is Gold and gets between 101-179 (inclusive) XP in their requalification year, do they become Silver with zero XP or 1-79 XP? Does "Elite members will keep any surplus XP they gained" imply the 1-79 XP situation? This is basically the only hazy area of my mental model for FB status.
If you get that amount, you'll get silver tier for the next year with 1-79 excess XP. But if you have 179 XP, give a call and sometimes, they can give you a couple free XP points. I had a colleague who was 5 XP off of re-qualifying for platinum and when he called, they just gave him the 5 xp points.
Maestro Ramen and hhdl like this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by thehyrax
Is it just me or is it next to impossible to contact Flying Blue? I am not getting a response from KLM or AF by chat, not FB directly by email... nothing.
Try giving a call. When I call, I press the option where it says that it's 48 hours before the trip and I get connected in about 15 minutes and then get transferred to the necessary department.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
If you get that amount, you'll get silver tier for the next year with 1-79 excess XP. But if you have 179 XP, give a call and sometimes, they can give you a couple free XP points. I had a colleague who was 5 XP off of re-qualifying for platinum and when he called, they just gave him the 5 xp points.
...or just donate 2,000 miles to get the 1XP without leaving anything to chance or needing to plead a case when the phone lines are probably tied up with disgruntled travellers trying to rebook...
JOUY31, miles4CDG, mlin32 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by hhdl
I had thought it was 0 XP Silver, but then what to make of

"If you don’t reach the XP threshold to keep your level, you’ll move to a lower level after the validity of your current level ends. This lasts until the end of your qualification period or until you level up again. Elite members will keep any surplus XP they gained" (note that this is in the bullet about failing to requalify, so what would the surplus XP be in a failed requalification?)

(I'm working on a finite-state machine model of FB status, which is why I ask)
As was mentioned, you do get the excess.

By all reports, FB systematically comps small number of missing XPs, speculated to be up to 5. this has been reported multiple times where pax was missing 2-3xp and it was granted at time of end of period.
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2022, 9:50 am

Programs: AY+ (Emerald), OZ (*G), IHG (Diamond)
how to check fare when booking ticket for KLM webpage

Sorry for a noob question,

Tis is my first time checking out the KLM website and am trying to discern the fare class for a ticket, when I looked under ticket conditions at the booking page (after selection both segments) there was this line "Fare basis code: HS50ABSM".

Am uploading a screenshot also

Would I be wrong to assume this ticket was a H class fare? Assumption purely based on "H" being the first letter, so am fully prepared to be wrong

Am asking as trying to calculate earning rates for a ST FPP. Thank you in advance
Old Jun 19, 2022, 11:33 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
It is H class, yes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.