Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2005, 2:09 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by kiam
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I was told before (right before official FB was launched) that US Domestic Flights are considered Level Flight Segments.

However, on the current flight magazines on AF, it says "SkyTeam INTERNATIONAL Flights."

Please help confirm if US Domestic Flights are considered Level Flight Segments.
Can someone please help confirm if US Domestic Flights are counted as Level Flights?

Also, I will be flying Alitalia domestically (within Italy) for 2 flights (Florence-Rome and Rome-Florence), I am wondering if these 2 flights will be qualified as Level Flights?
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:56 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by leonleonb
I have phoned to Flying blue club and they told me that A is a code for prime tickets, except on caribbean flights where A is used for Alize class.
But I have no paper for that; they say they will transmit my request to internet webmaster.
the new summer promotion for domestic "tarif semaine" (when flying out on monday and back on tuesday same week with 21 days advance purchase valid until august 31st) the booking class is A and the fare basis is A21PROMO

Code:
FARE COMPONENT  1    ADT PARBIQ AF  A21PROMO
FCL: A21PROMO  TRF: 203 RULE: 057F BK:  A
PTC: ADT-ADULT              FTC: XAN-NON REFUNDABLE APEX
I have also found another fare code "aappl10", for Warsaw-Biarritz with AF which would mean that that the booking class of this cheap fare is A (250 EUR+taxes).
Old Jul 17, 2005, 9:06 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, US, FlyingBlue
Can someone please help confirm if US Domestic Flights are counted as Level Flights?

Also, I will be flying Alitalia domestically (within Italy) for 2 flights (Florence-Rome and Rome-Florence), I am wondering if these 2 flights will be qualified as Level Flights?
I have received "Level/Segment" credit for US Domestic flights on both DL and NW, both without any international flights on the same itin.
Old Jul 17, 2005, 11:07 pm

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Quip
I have received "Level/Segment" credit for US Domestic flights on both DL and NW, both without any international flights on the same itin.
Quip: Appreciate the info. Thanks.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Exclamation Update This Thread

could we try to collect 6 weeks of FB experiences hear to update this sticky. Richelieu did some very good basic work which needs just to be updated. If we all work together we can get a data base better than the FB CSR database (which is very contradictory for the moment)

we had so many discussions on this board - we should just get info and experience together.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 5:35 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by chrissxb
could we try to collect 6 weeks of FB experiences hear to update this sticky. Richelieu did some very good basic work which needs just to be updated. If we all work together we can get a data base better than the FB CSR database (which is very contradictory for the moment)

we had so many discussions on this board - we should just get info and experience together.
I updated my comment on Malaysia airlines.
Old Jul 18, 2005, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

both (US and AZ) are Level Flights

AIR FRANCE

Domestic flights

Fixed number of
1 000 Miles Classes : Y (full fare), S, B

Fixed number of
500 Miles classes : K, H, T, V, L, R, M, Q

Fixed number of
250 Miles classes : G, U, W, E, A

Classes A, O, E, X and N are excluded.

flights within Europe

Minimum Miles earned : 750 Miles
For all classes except G and U*

50 % of distance flown
classes G and U

25 % of distance flown
class N

Long-haul flights

100 % of distance flown
All classes* except G and U

50 % of distance flown
classes G and U

25 % of distance flown
class L
KLM
flights in Europe

100 % of distance flown
minimum Miles earned : 750 Miles

25 % of distance flown
classes : V and N

other flights

100 % of distance flown
Minimum Miles earned : 750 Miles

Classes D, W and G are excluded.
so, is V on non european flights on KLM 100% ?

source: www.airfrance.us

Last edited by chrissxb; Jul 18, 2005 at 6:23 am
Old Jul 18, 2005, 1:29 pm

Programs: FB Gold
datta55

the www.airfrance.us and www.airfrance.fr sites have following exclusion for AF LONG HAUL FLIGHTS - 'L' Class 25% mileage.

the www.airfrance.com india, nigeria, uae sites have following for AF miles earning:
LONG HAUL 100% of actual miles flown, minimum 750 miles.

Please could anyone give 'correct' mileage earning rule. Is it that a person with registered address in india, nigeria, uae,etc. will get 100% for 'L' class on AF?
Old Jul 18, 2005, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by datta55
the www.airfrance.us and www.airfrance.fr sites have following exclusion for AF LONG HAUL FLIGHTS - 'L' Class 25% mileage.

the www.airfrance.com india, nigeria, uae sites have following for AF miles earning:
LONG HAUL 100% of actual miles flown, minimum 750 miles.

Please could anyone give 'correct' mileage earning rule. Is it that a person with registered address in india, nigeria, uae,etc. will get 100% for 'L' class on AF?
I don't think so. the website is just less explicite
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:37 am

Flying BlueS

Thanks for the hints, Richelieu.

I was issued two Flying Blue Platinum cards, one from AF and one from KL, three months ago and am pretty turned off by the new program.

1. Despite 5 requests in recent months (by phone, fax, email and regular mail), the program seems incapable of responding to my request to merge the two accounts and provide me with lifetime Platinum status (I have 10+3=13 years of equivalent status on AF+KL).

2. Mileage credit on MH (the only 5-star Skytrax airline partner) is more restricted than with the old FD program – miles are not counted as status miles and the Paris – KUL flight is not credited.

3. Despite a 5+ hour delay in a one hour flight in early July, AF has yet to provide an apology, extra miles or compensation (as required by EC regulation).

4. Finally, the new program is a lot less generous than the old KL and AF programs in terms of mileage accrual. For example, a discounted-economy fare in Europe now earns 187 miles instead of 1500 miles for AF FP Rouge North American members.

Given the total lack of response from Flying Blue, I am now requesting Platinum status from another Skyteam airline in exchange for my business and will do my best to fly Oneworld carriers exclusively (I have BA Gold/Emerald status) in the meantime.

Are others as fed-up and disheartened with Flying Blue ? Is it AF/KL’s new strategy to thoroughly annoy their best customers or are these just growing pains for the new program ?

Old Jul 26, 2005, 12:41 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by hegira

I4. Finally, the new program is a lot less generous than the old KL and AF programs in terms of mileage accrual. For example, a discounted-economy fare in Europe now earns 187 miles instead of 1500 miles for AF FP Rouge North American members.

Given the total lack of response from Flying Blue, I am now requesting Platinum status from another Skyteam airline in exchange for my business and will do my best to fly Oneworld carriers exclusively (I have BA Gold/Emerald status) in the meantime.

Are others as fed-up and disheartened with Flying Blue ? Is it AF/KL’s new strategy to thoroughly annoy their best customers or are these just growing pains for the new program ?

Well, the comparison with BA is all to the advantage of AF. With BA, you only earn mileage with the top three fare buckets, with AF on medium haul, you earn reduced mileage only on the lowest fare bucket, N class. How can we expect to earn 2,000 miles plus club miles when we pay about 100 euros round trip CDG-LHR, out of which about 30 euros go to AF's bottom line and the rest to airport taxes ?

Furthermore, you earn no tier point except with the three top fare buckets on BA, and 25% mileage for all the other fare buckets. You also need 150,000 miles for a First Class to the US award on BA, and 100,000 miles on AF.

So I would be rather surprised that when complaining about earning miles on the most discounted medium haul fares on AF, you would find BAEC more profitable.
Old Jul 29, 2005, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by hegira

We can feel your pain as we all are in this pain too.

However, I seriously doubt you will get a Plat Status comp from other SkyTeam airline, it is the policy they do not comp match each other.
Old Aug 23, 2005, 3:38 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
Thumbs up Some good news

I recently flew BOD-CDG-PEK and CAN-CDG-BOD in L class on AF.
I got 1272 miles for the CDG-PEK leg (25% on L-fare for int'l flights).
The good news is I got 100% of domestic 500 miles (+ 250 silver bonus) on each BOD-CDG leg.
Since this is a domestic leg, the computer didn't apply the 25% rule to this L-fare!

Cheers
Nicolas
Old Aug 23, 2005, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A-jet, welcome to FlyerTalk.

L class does not exist on domestic travel, thats why the computer calculated different from CDG to BOD. i mostly get 500 miles travelling with international connection, sometimes 250.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 8:15 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by chrissxb

so, is V on non european flights on KLM 100% ?

What is the answer to this? I'm looking at V class international flights, but if they don't earn 100% I won't buy it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.