Flying Blue FAQ

Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Another way to find out would be to read the text on the Transfer Miles page on the Flying Blue website.
I've been to that page (and looked all over the website) but it doesn't have any information about the fee - it only states the price. I've even read the Terms and Conditions, but nothing there either.

Do you see it anywhere? Maybe you are seeing a different version of the page than I...?
Old Sep 30, 2015, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The price is the fee.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The price is the fee.
Thank you. I asked because I have FF accounts with about 10 different airlines and transferred miles between accounts many times, and I have never seen one that doesn't charge a fixed fee on top of the price/1000 miles. But then again, FB is an account I never had, so apparently they do things differently.

E.g. aa.com says this: Prices are in U.S. dollars and do not include applicable taxes or $20 per transaction processing charge.

delta.com: Rate per mile: $0.01. Processing Fee per transaction: $30.00

etc.

Basically ALL the airlines (including AF/FB) use points.com to process transfers, and I suspect the "processing fee/charge" may be points.com's cut on the transfer.
Old Sep 30, 2015, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by EU-US
Basically ALL the airlines (including AF/FB) use points.com to process transfers, and I suspect the "processing fee/charge" may be points.com's cut on the transfer.
By the way, I always wondered WHY the airlines need points.com to transfer miles from one of their own accounts to another one of their own accounts - there must be a good reason they all use an external company for their internal point transfers - does anyone know why that is? It makes no sense without understanding the rationale behind it (I'm sure there is a reason though).

Last edited by EU-US; Sep 30, 2015 at 4:18 pm
Old Oct 2, 2015, 8:35 am

Some Questions about KLM release of award seats

Please help with the following information:

1. How far out does KLM post rewards. It looks like around 330 days?
2. For a flight I'm looking for, it appears they release 1 business class seat on the first posting date (see question 1). Is that common?
3. During the year how frequently, if at all, does KLM, add additional business class award seats? What has been some experiences?
4. If you book in economy, then upgrade to Business can that be done by just paying an exchange fee?
5. If you book a Business class award ticket with the first leg in economy, would you get access to the Business Class lounge for the first leg? If there were empty seats would they likely, possibly or never upgrade you at the gate? (assuming you have no FF status)?

Thank you
Old Nov 2, 2015, 9:24 pm

Flying Blue bonus miles posting time frame...?

I enrolled in FB before a recent AF return (transatlantic) flight using promo code WWEN which is supposed to give me 3000 bonus miles after my first AF or KLM flight.

Flight miles were posted within 2 days of the outbound flight, but a week later I still haven't received the bonus miles. The inbound flight is still another week away, so the return part of the ticket has not been flown yet.

Is this normal? Does anyone know when FB is supposed to post the bonus miles?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:26 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Is there anything written on the terms and conditions of the promo?
Old Nov 3, 2015, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Is there anything written on the terms and conditions of the promo?
No - the terms and conditions link during signup brought up the general Terms of Use of the program, nothing specific about the bonus miles or this (or any) promotion.
Old Nov 6, 2015, 2:36 am

Programs: Many
Quick question about the use of FB miles for upgrades : is the upgrade award refundable at what is the cost, if applicable, in case the main ticket is cancelled?

Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2015, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
All awards other than Promo Awards are refundable.

The cost is €45 for Classic Awards, which is what your upgrade should be booked as.

Be sure to cancel the upgrade BEFORE cancelling the underlying ticket.

(Actually, upgrading the ticket may lead to a ticket re-issue which may alter the original terms of the ticket, making it less flexible. It may be impossible to return your ticket back to the same state it was originally. It could turn out that you end up not being able to refund/cancel the ticket. I would advise caution).

Last edited by irishguy28; Nov 6, 2015 at 3:07 am
Old Nov 6, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: Many
Thanks. Context is as follows : I want to secure a J seat on a particular flight (O bucket is available) and would like to get the opportunity to cancel the booking without having to cash 6000+ EUR for a full J fare.

Then comes the possibility to book a refundable B fare for 1200 EUR and upgrade to J cabin with miles using O bucket and miles.

I understand then that this flexibility would cost "only" 45 EUR.
Old Nov 15, 2015, 4:11 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Am I correct that when claiming miles on Flying Blue , for Ukraine Int'l Airlines, that these flight don't bring you closer to Skyteam elite status?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 2:13 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Am I correct that when claiming miles on Flying Blue , for Ukraine Int'l Airlines, that these flight don't bring you closer to Skyteam elite status?
Are you asking about flying on Ukraine Airlines with a paid ticked and crediting the flights to your FB acct, or using FB miles for a reward flight on Ukraine Airlines?
Old Nov 16, 2015, 3:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Originally Posted by EU-US
Are you asking about flying on Ukraine Airlines with a paid ticked and crediting the flights to your FB acct, or using FB miles for a reward flight on Ukraine Airlines?
The former. Paying for a flight with UIA, crediting it to FB, will that bring me closer to Skyteam Elite status?
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by benberg2013
The former. Paying for a flight with UIA, crediting it to FB, will that bring me closer to Skyteam Elite status?
Per the FlyingBlue website, you will earn miles, but they won't count towards elite status:

With Ukraine International Airlines, Flying Blue members can:

YES Earn Award Miles
NO Earn Level Miles
NO Earn qualifying flights
NO Earn Elite bonus Miles
YES Spend Award Miles
NO Extend the validity of Award Miles
NO Enjoy SkyTeam benefits worldwide

https://www.flyingblue.com/earn-and-...-airlines.html

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.