Flying Blue FAQ

Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
I just finished a CPH-CDG-PTY in J and I now see that the flights have posted in my FB activity list but have not been credited to my overall level and award miles score.

Is that normal?
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by Milkman
I just finished a CPH-CDG-PTY in J and I now see that the flights have posted in my FB activity list but have not been credited to my overall level and award miles score.

Is that normal?
Yes, it can take a day for the "total" to update.
Old Jul 23, 2017, 8:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Originally Posted by Ditto
Yes, it can take a day for the "total" to update.
Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: FB Gold • LH Senator • BA Silver • ITA Premium
I would like to issue an award ticket, with this routing: MIL-HAV (via CDG/AMS)/ HAV-CUN / CUN - MIL.

Is it possible do that with a classic award ticket or i can't do a voluntary stopover and do three tracks?
Thanks
Old Aug 30, 2017, 12:54 am

Is flying a Skyteam partner and crediting miles to FB the only real way to extend expiration date of miles?
Old Aug 30, 2017, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Is flying a Skyteam partner and crediting miles to FB the only real way to extend expiration date of miles?
yes + any flight on a FB partner booked under AF or KL code + spending on the AF-KL-FB Amex card.
For the Skyteam flights, note that they need to be booked in an eligible fare for miles earning. Look at the FB website for more details about eligible fare buckets for each airline.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Sorry, if this has been answered before - I could not find anything so far:

The miles in my wife's account were about to expire (Aug 31), so we booked two award tickets in the very last minute.
Now it looks like we need to cancel/change this booking. What will happen to the miles if we cancel the tickets? Will they expire and be gone or is this a way to prolong their life?

I will call the Plat line later, but would be thankful for some expert insights before I do so

Thank you!

Last edited by Chinatrvl; Sep 11, 2017 at 7:35 am
Old Sep 11, 2017, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Sorry, if this has been answered before - I could not find anything so far:

The miles in my wife's account were about to expire (Aug 31), so we booked two award tickets in the very last minute.
Now it looks like we need to cancel/change this booking. What will happen to the miles if we cancel the tickets? Will the expire and be gone or is this a way to prolong their live?

I will call the Plat line later, but would be thankful for some expert insights before I do so

Thank you!
you can change the booking paying the change fee, but if you cancel the ticket, the expired miles will not be re-credited to your account.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: FB Plat
I will become a Platinum soon. I saw a few jokes about it, although it seems to be true for what I can read, so, just to confirm...

What are the current differences between Gold and Platinum?
- More award miles (not qualifying) per flights
- Platinum call line
- Chance to become Plat4life
- Apparently bigger free checked luggage, although I already broke the Gold 15kg limit multiple times without figuring out...

That's it?

Going from Silver to Gold is a life-changer, but from Ivory to Silver and from Gold to Platinum, the perks difference seem really minimal.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Zarmakuizz
I will become a Platinum soon. I saw a few jokes about it, although it seems to be true for what I can read, so, just to confirm...

What are the current differences between Gold and Platinum?
- More award miles (not qualifying) per flights
- Platinum call line
- Chance to become Plat4life
- Apparently bigger free checked luggage, although I already broke the Gold 15kg limit multiple times without figuring out...

That's it?

Going from Silver to Gold is a life-changer, but from Ivory to Silver and from Gold to Platinum, the perks difference seem really minimal.
yes but add :
- higher priority on waiting lists and for irrops handling. Guarantee to be never bumped out in case of overbooking (true also for Gold but "more true" for Plat)
- free seat+ / EcoComfort seats
- guaranteed seat in Y long haul on full flights
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:05 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Goldorak
yes but add :
- higher priority on waiting lists and for irrops handling. Guarantee to be never bumped out in case of overbooking (true also for Gold but "more true" for Plat)
- free seat+ / EcoComfort seats
- guaranteed seat in Y long haul on full flights
Can I just add that when I first became a plat I wasn't so excited as it felt little benefits other than free seat+ for my intra-eu flights.

However...the few times i have used the platinum line have made a gargantuan difference and it is truly a worthwhile benefit. Just use it
Old Sep 19, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: FB Plat
Thank you for your input!

I qualified this year using the qualifying flights criterium, and I doubt I will do as many flights next year. Thus considering between keeping Gold as much as I may, or strive for the Plat4life.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
Totally new to Flying Blue, looking at perhaps buying in with that 100% promo.

But here's where they lose me.

I'm looking for a flight YVR-SVO. However I have fairly specific flights I'd like to use. I'd like to fly YVR-LAX-SVO because I want to fly on Aeroflot. I know that's always gonna make the search engine a little more difficult but again now I'm lost.

Searching on Flying Blue appears to yield no Aeroflot results at all. I'm offered connections via China, via Paris and via Amsterdam. Same thing even when searching just the LAX-SVO leg, which I know is available.

Searching on the Air France site offered seemingly less options, but no Aeroflot.

Searching on expertflyer, the Aeroflot award space comes up no problem.

Searching on the Delta site, yields much closer to the results I want. DL award space from YVR-LAX isn't great, but I can see that it works.

Can I call FB (hopefully from Canada without spending a bunch on long distance) and book YVR-LAX-SVO? I've found the award space myself. Are they going to give me a hard time about not taking perhaps the most direct route? Do they see the same award space as Expertflyer or DL? Any reason why the FB search engine has "trouble" finding Aeroflot space as blog posts have suggest and I've experienced. Any way to see what the point value will be? It seems it should be 62,500 in Business class, but all the searches seem to show different values for different days/airlines.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:00 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Give FB A call they should be able to match what you see on DL.

Ive done this before myself
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:22 am

Originally Posted by drvannostren
Searching on the Air France site offered seemingly less options, but no Aeroflot.

Searching on expertflyer, the Aeroflot award space comes up no problem.

Searching on the Delta site, yields much closer to the results I want. DL award space from YVR-LAX isn't great, but I can see that it works.

Can I call FB (hopefully from Canada without spending a bunch on long distance) and book YVR-LAX-SVO? I've found the award space myself. Are they going to give me a hard time about not taking perhaps the most direct route? Do they see the same award space as Expertflyer or DL? Any reason why the FB search engine has "trouble" finding Aeroflot space as blog posts have suggest and I've experienced. Any way to see what the point value will be? It seems it should be 62,500 in Business class, but all the searches seem to show different values for different days/airlines.
The only place to search for FB Availability is using the AF/KL website, or by calling FB.
Checking EF or DL website is not an indication for anything.

If an FB agent find availability, it will start at what the calculator on the FB website says, and can be any amount of miles higher as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.