Flying Blue FAQ

Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by kthomas
Do we get SkyTeam benefits on these flights?
If you mean FB benefits if flying with an AF-coded ticket : yes for FB miles and yes for lounge access on both ends. Priority check-in and boarding is usually not granted for that kind of code-shares, with some exceptions

If you mean other ST programs benefits if flying with an AF-coded ticket : none

As your profile seems to suggest you are a SkyMiles member, answer is no.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond
How come I'm not seeing the option to upgrade my flight? Routing is AMS-CDG-MEX for 2 people, booked through Air France, traveling in economy (L/V fare class). I booked the flight and have my Skymiles # on there, but even when logging in through my partner's FB account who's also flying and has her FB # on the reservation, I still see no upgrade option. Flight is 2 months away still. Anything that I mentioned have anything to do with why I'm not seeing it? Thanks.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 11:01 pm

Not all flights have available seats to upgrade to...
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
Flying Blue is the easiest way to earn STE+?

Hello,

For once, j am switching from oneworld to Skyteam as j found an excellent fare ex-WAW/BUD to CTU for 850+. Being totally new to ST, I wonder if I should credit points to FB? Everything will be operated by KLM/3U. Is FAB the cheapest to spend points and retain status with low mileage?

Thank you for all the advice in advance.

​​​​​
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver
Generally this website gives a first overview: http://www.wheretocredit.com/

The question whether you should credit to FB or any other ST program depends on your future airline plans and where you will be flying to and from.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:07 am

Garuda

Hi,

Generic question:

1. where is it best to search for Garuda redemption availability and costings via Flying Blue?
2. is there generally good availability intra Indonesia e.g. Yogykarta - Manado?
3. Will the changes to FB impact Garuda redemptions by March 18?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:04 pm

Hi, I would like to book the saudia flight businessclass ist-cgk. Is it possible to get flying blue miles for that or only the alfursan miles?
If I can get flying blue miles, do I need to request them with the 'claim missing miles' tool at the flyingblue site?
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:40 pm

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by joostf
Hi, I would like to book the saudia flight businessclass ist-cgk. Is it possible to get flying blue miles for that or only the alfursan miles?
If I can get flying blue miles, do I need to request them with the 'claim missing miles' tool at the flyingblue site?
Sure, why not - it's a Skyteam airline. Add your FB number to your booking ahead of the flight or at check-in and you are done. You only need to retroclaim in case the miles do not post after a few days.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:51 am

Hello All,

I have a quick question.

I have currently 14 qualifying flights in my FB account and i go for Silver level. I am planning to do a status run late in December to achieve Silver. My question is, will my flight count as qualifying flight even if the booking class is 'W' with OK? I know W class with OK would earn zero miles for me, but since i am planning to achieve status with qualifying flights it does not really matters. I am just not sure if my flight will count as qualifying.

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 12, 2017, 4:10 am

Originally Posted by Wilzor
Hello All,

I have a quick question.

I have currently 14 qualifying flights in my FB account and i go for Silver level. I am planning to do a status run late in December to achieve Silver. My question is, will my flight count as qualifying flight even if the booking class is 'W' with OK? I know W class with OK would earn zero miles for me, but since i am planning to achieve status with qualifying flights it does not really matters. I am just not sure if my flight will count as qualifying.

Thanks in advance
You have to earn at least 1 mile for it to count as a qualifying flight.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Wilzor
Hello All,

I have a quick question.

Thanks in advance
No, it won't.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 1:07 pm

Thanks a lot, i will rather do a quick turnaround in EU with AF then.^
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:04 am

Hi

I am currently FB silver, got a long haul J class with AF soon. Will be travelling in groups however booked as 3J +1W. Will they let W class to lounge for free at either LHR or CDG? Also on the return leg, while transiting CDG (straight agter the flight)I will have sufficient miles to be FB gold, then would they allow me to bring a guest to the lounge?

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 15, 2017, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
A J ticket doesn't allow guesting privileges. If none of your party has Skyteam Elite Plus status, then the person in W doesn't get free lounge access.

(Some lounges are accessible to W passengers upon payment of a fee, in either miles of cash. See the premium economy pages on the AF website for details).

In order for YOU personally to guest someone into the lounge with your newly-minted Gold status - you will need to be able to prove that you have Gold status. If the flight you just stepped off of is the flight responsible for doing this, then the systems will not yet have updated to add the miles/segments or to update your status. Whether you wish to enter into debate with a lounge dragon to press your case, and whether it would be successful, is something that you can relate back to us after the event.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:16 am

Thx Irishguy28

I was only wondering if there was a chance, but that was expected.

Is it possible for me to swap myself (I will accompany W passenger to lounge, but I don't go in)? Hence I can do some plane spotting.

I will e-mail both FB and AF about how fast I can use my soon newly-minted gold, will update back on both e-mail and trip.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.