Flying Blue FAQ

Old Feb 27, 2016, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
G fare will earn miles from 1st march 2016

From march 1st, 2016, FB members will earn miles when travelling on G fare for AF/A5 domestic flights and AF/A5/KL flights :
- domestic flights : 25% (mini 125 miles)
- European flights : 20% (mini 150 miles)

No change for long-haul flights : still 25%
Old Feb 29, 2016, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Goldorak
End of march
Thanks for the info about the exact moment of Gold status expiry. I'm going have a trip with the outbound on 30th March and the inbound on 31st March, so time for a last jamboree in the lounges! Until I requalify, that is.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
As a silver, you can pay (cash/miles) to use the lounges in certain locations...
Old Feb 29, 2016, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
That's good to know, I will probably make use of that if available if I have a long stopover. I hope I get the gold benefits right up to the end, because 31st March is the very last day of it for me!! Maybe they'll demote me earlier. Anyway, it says Gold all over my booking and e-ticket.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 1:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, National Ex Elite
If I booked an award ticket on a partner airline (GA), can I add a lap infant at the airport or is there something else I need to do?

Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2016, 8:46 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Greetings Folks,

I looked around here and on FB website but couldn't find what I was lookig for so I have to bother you here: Is there a dedicated phone number in France for Elite Plus members or is 3272 the only option?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Enthilza
Greetings Folks,

I looked around here and on FB website but couldn't find what I was lookig for so I have to bother you here: Is there a dedicated phone number in France for Elite Plus members or is 3272 the only option?

Thanks in advance.
3272 is the number to call. If you are Elite+, you have priority in the queue of calls.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 4:01 am

Programs: FB Gold - M&S Gold
Thanks Prince d'Euphor.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Enthilza
Thanks Prince d'Euphor.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
I am using Flying Blue miles for the first time. The agent is asking extra miles for the CPH - FLR segment saying that only 3 segments are allowed in each direction.

IAD - CDG - CPH (destination) - AMS - FLR (stop) - CDG - IAD.

Is the agent correct or incorrect?
Old Apr 5, 2016, 12:28 pm

Apologies if this question is addressed somewhere deep in this thread, but I have an upcoming trip to Europe and I need to decide what FF program to use for the flights. I am flying JFK-LHR on a Virgin Atlantic operated flight on a Delta code, and then back CDG-JFK on an Air France operated flight also on a Delta code. I just want to confirm that I will earn miles on the outgoing Virgin Atlantic flight if I use my Flying Blue FF number (I assume I will flying back on AF); from what I've gathered I may not earn level miles, but I think I will earn award miles? I don't really care about level miles because I won't accrue enough in the foreseeable future to get there, but I do plan to transfer Citi ThankYou points to Flying Blue later this year for a trip so it is important to me to earn some miles into the program now.

I'm flying economy so I understand I will take a % discount hit, but such is life - it was a great fare. Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2016, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by MapleLeafss
I just want to confirm that I will earn miles on the outgoing Virgin Atlantic flight if I use my Flying Blue FF number (I assume I will flying back on AF); from what I've gathered I may not earn level miles, but I think I will earn award miles?
No you won't on VS (neither award nor status). Virgin is not a Skyteam airline and is not a FB partner. But you will earn both award and status miles on the AF Flight even if booked under DL code.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
No you won't on VS (neither award nor status). Virgin is not a Skyteam airline and is not a FB partner. But you will earn both award and status miles on the AF Flight even if booked under DL code.
Thanks, that is helpful (since posting I had come to the same conclusion after doing more research). SkyMiles are essentially worthless to me (I will never accrue enough to redeem them for anything meaningful nor would I transfer from Starwood when I have much more lucrative redemption/transfer options), and I have another upcoming trip on Delta (which is 1,000 miles each leg in A and G classes) and some work travel in the summer/fall on Delta Shuttle in Y class, so I will still get the best personal value here even just taking 25% FB miles on one leg of this Europe trip. I want to use the eventual FB miles (with an additional boost from transferring Starwood or Citi points) for a 25,000 RT to Hawaii or St. Maarten from JFK.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 4:10 am

Next week I will have enough level miles for FB Gold. I know that KLM credits miles quite fast but 48 hours after that Gold-qualifying flight, I have a KLM Y sector and would like to access the lounge in AMS. I won't have an FB card but will the Gold status be shown on the boarding pass to facilitate lounge access? Thanks.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by paolo64
Next week I will have enough level miles for FB Gold. I know that KLM credits miles quite fast but 48 hours after that Gold-qualifying flight, I have a KLM Y sector and would like to access the lounge in AMS. I won't have an FB card but will the Gold status be shown on the boarding pass to facilitate lounge access? Thanks.
You will need a bit of luck here but it might be OK. Even if your qualifying flight is credited on-time, the BP of your next flight in Y will likely not reflect your status unless your FB number will be deleted and re-entered in the booking at check-in. Also, your card/status will be updated in the AF or KL smartphone app, so you can show your digital card at the lounge dragon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.