Flying Blue FAQ

Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:28 am

Originally Posted by veryexcite
Quick question about gold status with KLM, when booking a flight with ivory, will he be entitled to the same benefit as I am? could I buy a preferred seat for the 2 of us with the 50% discount?
No
Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Ditto
No
10x
Old Aug 17, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
10x
100x

(sorry, I felt left out)
Old Aug 19, 2016, 5:52 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Anything on mixed cabin awards? I know that the booking engine won't price them out but any luck in getting an agent to manually book one. I'm looking at an award on DL that's BWI JFK MAD in C; however bwi JFK is a single cabin flight...

Thanks
Fdw
Old Sep 19, 2016, 8:41 pm
Suspended

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here has the same issue. I tried to search but did not find anything.

I am trying to book a intra euro flight on mini fare for my gf and I (S
she is ivory). When I make the booking on my fb account adding her with her FB number, the price for a luggage on her name is 15. When she makes it and add me it comes out at 10 for her.
I don't really care about the price but I would like to know if there is a reason behind this. I know that Fb ivory gets their first luggage at 10 so the 15 is irrelevant.
Is it a glitch ? How can I book it on the same PNR without paying the 15 ?

Thanks
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:35 am

Programs: FB Platinum
No
Quick question about gold status with KLM, when booking a flight with ivory, will he be entitled to the same benefit as I am? could I buy a preferred seat for the 2 of us with the 50% discount?

No

what about platinum? if i am platinum, with a booking for 2 passengers (another ivory). will both passengers be allowed to select the comfort/preferred/etc seats for free? seeing as the platinum holder can do the seat selection and online check-in for both.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
No.

You can bring your fellow passenger to the lounge for free but they can't sit in a paid seat for free. [In fact, on KLM, since June 22, they can't select ANY seat in advance for free!]

All Platinum/Gold/Silver privileges are personal. The only privelege that may be "extended" to travelling companions is lounge access - as it is a published benefit that you may bring one guest who must also be flying on a Skyteam flight on the same day - and even this privilege extends only to one other person, NOT to anyone and everyone on the same PNR (and it is not required that the guest is on the same PNR).
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:52 pm

so if im travelling with my gf, im basically forced to sit in a non-preferred seat or sit apart?

on top of that plus on KLM as you noted that non elites do not have seat selection prior to check in, so we risk not even sitting together PLUS in whatever that is left at check-in?

what about if i pick a preferred seat in advance, and upon check-in is it possible to request that my gf be moved next to me? or will they charge for the preferred seat even then?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by natcin
so if im travelling with my gf, im basically forced to sit in a non-preferred seat or sit apart?
No, you can also pay for your GF to seat next to you in a preferred seat.

on top of that plus on KLM as you noted that non elites do not have seat selection prior to check in, so we risk not even sitting together PLUS in whatever that is left at check-in?
Yes, although if you OLCI 30 hours before, chances of you not finding seats together in normal seats is pretty low.

what about if i pick a preferred seat in advance, and upon check-in is it possible to request that my gf be moved next to me? or will they charge for the preferred seat even then?
Only normal seats are free of charge for non-elites during OLCI, so you would still have to pay for it.
So if you want to seat in preferred seats, might as well pay for it in advance and not wait for OLCI.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 4:28 am

makes sense. kinda annoying but i guess i wouldn't be too happy if some platinum had 10 other bookings in the same PNR taking up all the good stuff as well.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:37 pm

There is one way to give them those privileges: book award tickets for them using your miles. People on such tickets get treated as if they were the level of the member that booked the tickets.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 2:33 pm

any tips on how to keep expiring air france miles easily? I usually would take a survey or transfer some points to them, etc.

But wasn't sure if there were specific strategies for Flying Blue/Air France:

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....from-expiring/
Old Nov 18, 2016, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by nonstopski
any tips on how to keep expiring air france miles easily? I usually would take a survey or transfer some points to them, etc.
An FB credit card works great. You don't have to live in France or NL, but you do need a bank account in one of those places to get one of these cards.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
An FB credit card works great. You don't have to live in France or NL, but you do need a bank account in one of those places to get one of these cards.
Need a lower level than that. This is for my mother, who doesn't need another CC. Is there any other way?
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by nonstopski
Need a lower level than that. This is for my mother, who doesn't need another CC. Is there any other way?
Points transfers, or a real cheap flight (on any ST or partner airline). Or certain train trips can earn miles. I'm not aware of anything else.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.