Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades for Cash on AF??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:48 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
if you have the AF PNR, you can look up the flight on AF website and within 7 days i would bet that it would offer you an upgrade if available.
Not anymore. If the ticket is on DL Stock, it will be offered (if available) during check-in.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 4:22 am

Hello, frequent flyers! Never used upgrade options so excuse my (maybe) evident questions. We booked 2 tickets to Punta Cana (SVO-CDG-PUJ) in economy V. As this is our honeymoon trip of course I'd like to spend 8h flight from CDG in a more comfort seat
Several questions:
1) Having read this forum, I realised that V is the lowest class. It is eleigible for upgrade, isn't it? Will I receive the letter from AF?
2) Once my friend was upgraded to Business for 100$ on 8h flight (Lufthansa) after she had called airline 2 times before departure telling that she was on honeymoon and asking about all possibilities. I feel uncomfortable with such strategy , but is there any sence?
Thank you
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:41 am

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TDG_123
Hello, frequent flyers! Never used upgrade options so excuse my (maybe) evident questions. We booked 2 tickets to Punta Cana (SVO-CDG-PUJ) in economy V. As this is our honeymoon trip of course I'd like to spend 8h flight from CDG in a more comfort seat
Several questions:
1) Having read this forum, I realised that V is the lowest class. It is eleigible for upgrade, isn't it? Will I receive the letter from AF?
2) Once my friend was upgraded to Business for 100$ on 8h flight (Lufthansa) after she had called airline 2 times before departure telling that she was on honeymoon and asking about all possibilities. I feel uncomfortable with such strategy , but is there any sence?
Thank you
If you booked with AF and an upgrade is available for your flight, you should see the upgrade option button either a few days before your flight or offered during check-in. The upgrade on the CDG-PUJ flight will cost you around 600 Euros from Economy to Premium Economy, and somewhere in the 900 Economy to Business.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
anyone have any good (or bad) luck recently on DTW-CDG from W to J?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
€55 to upgrade from Y to C on CDG-WAW and same for the return flight. Really great and took it both ways. Was proposed at OLCI (I was auto-checked-in, but went into the dossier, using the AF app, to see the seat map and the paid upgrade option was proposed there).
Old Jan 30, 2016, 12:36 pm

Programs: AFKL Platinum/Club 2000, UA Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Goldorak
€55 to upgrade from Y to C on CDG-WAW and same for the return flight. Really great and took it both ways.
Great indeed! Although I'd be curious to know more about the algorithm that calculates the price of an upgrade on European flights. AFAIK prices do not seem to fluctuate that much on a particular route (55EUR for CDG-WAW - also seen here http://flight-report.com/fr/report-12626.html, seen several times 89EUR for CDG-LIN, EUR169 for CDG-GVA...)
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:22 pm

When I checked in for my PE seat to Singapore from CDG a few days ago, I was offered a business class seat upgrade for a bargain. Less than €500. Took it without hesitation.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 1:49 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Goldorak
€55 to upgrade from Y to C on CDG-WAW and same for the return flight. Really great and took it both ways. Was proposed at OLCI (I was auto-checked-in, but went into the dossier, using the AF app, to see the seat map and the paid upgrade option was proposed there).
Maybe the AF algorithm now features artificial intelligence and knew you and olivedel were going to that do?
Old Mar 2, 2016, 8:03 am

BSB-CDG-VIE

My wife and I were offered an upgrade on the BSB-CDG leg of an one way trip to VIE for €351. The original ticket was a L or Q discount economy.
I don't know if it was because we were moving and I was already paying 2 extra checked baggages, but we were able to get us both upgraded paying just for 1.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy Titanium
My wife is flying ABJ-CDG-IAD and was offered J for $529 on the CDG-IAD leg at check-in. She'd consider it if it were in the BEST configuration, but the 77W 2-3-2 config in J is just sad...
Old Mar 5, 2016, 9:07 pm

I've been offered Y to W (349€) or to J (447€) on LIS-CDG-YUL (L + V fare).
Old Mar 23, 2016, 1:34 am

CDG-DXB on Award tickets (X):
Y-W: 169
Y-C: 329

Flight was F4J9W9Y2 before the offer.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:33 am
Suspended

Programs: BA, SQ, EK, FB, SPG
Originally Posted by Mlee888
When I checked in for my PE seat to Singapore from CDG a few days ago, I was offered a business class seat upgrade for a bargain. Less than €500. Took it without hesitation.
On a Z ticket AMS-CDG-SIN(RT) for a short break and was offered upgrade to La Premiere for 2k EUR at the 2F lounge . Didn't take them up on the offer as it felt a little steep. There seems to be a pattern as I was in W several times and was offered with a high level of frequency ^, even at the self check in desks. Go figure
Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:23 am

Originally Posted by Mlee888
I got the same last year in August, didn't take it and ended up with a free upgrade at the gate ^

Got the same offer on the return and took it.
Old Apr 21, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: DL DM
Any recent reports of upgrades being offered on either CDG-JFK (7.30pm flight) / JFK-CDG (11.30pmflight) ?
Also I booked my trip through priceline, would that prevent me from getting an offer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.