Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrades for Cash on AF??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2015, 6:51 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Has anyone seen such offers in COI flights (specifically departing outstations)? Not looking forward to 9 hours in PE on SDQ-CDG. All three cabins are wide open (J6W9Y9), so an oversold situation is highly unlikely.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Originally Posted by B7e7US
Has anyone seen such offers in COI flights (specifically departing outstations)? Not looking forward to 9 hours in PE on SDQ-CDG. All three cabins are wide open (J6W9Y9), so an oversold situation is highly unlikely.
COI? do you mean the small airport next to Orlando?? in general even if no offer will be made during OLCI, you can always ask for an airport upgrade, a while back someone shared a link given to ground crew for an outstation of a similar distance. for non-overbooked flights the price of Y-W would be 350 Euro to 7,500 miles depends on original booking class, for Y-J the price would be 720 Euro to 15,000 miles.
Old Oct 25, 2015, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by B7e7US
COI flights are not excluded from paid upgrades, so possible.

Originally Posted by TLVtraveler
COI? do you mean the small airport next to Orlando??
LOL
No, COI means Caraïbes-océan Indien (Carribeans Indian ocean). This is a denomination for a special 77W config AF is using for those flights (high density Y like 450 seats, about 25 W seats and only 14 J seats). This config is also used year round to CUN and BKK + one of the 3 daily flights to YUL during the summer season.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 5:10 am

Programs: FB Plat; Sixt Diamond; Nordic Choice Club Gold
Upgrade during OLCI CDG-GRU

Hello,

during OLCI upgrade was offered from PE to J for 259€.

Fair enough, took it!

Cheers,

Thrustreverse
Old Nov 3, 2015, 6:06 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Upgrade at the airport (SDQ) was consistent with the chart posted before. Cash only, no miles option.

Originally Posted by Goldorak
COI flights are not excluded from paid upgrades, so possible.

LOL
No, COI means Caraïbes-océan Indien (Carribeans Indian ocean). This is a denomination for a special 77W config AF is using for those flights (high density Y like 450 seats, about 25 W seats and only 14 J seats). This config is also used year round to CUN and BKK + one of the 3 daily flights to YUL during the summer season.
Originally Posted by TLVtraveler
COI? do you mean the small airport next to Orlando?? in general even if no offer will be made during OLCI, you can always ask for an airport upgrade, a while back someone shared a link given to ground crew for an outstation of a similar distance. for non-overbooked flights the price of Y-W would be 350 Euro to 7,500 miles depends on original booking class, for Y-J the price would be 720 Euro to 15,000 miles.
Old Nov 28, 2015, 5:14 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
YYZ-CDG: $450 CAD ($336 USD)
CDG-HKG: $650 CAD ($486 USD)
HKG-CDG: Not Offered
CDG-YUL: Not Offered
Old Nov 29, 2015, 4:59 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
My sister was offered J -> P for US$2100 (~€2000) at OLCI (CDG-JFK). She declined, as she was already in J, dismissing my counterarguments that (1) she was on an old configuration J (we flew over in BEST, which is fantastic), (2) she had a 7 hour layover in Paris, and (3) it was a substantial savings off the $10k list price (even accounting for the original J fare). Something about using the money to pay off her debt instead

It looks like today's flights are fully booked and/or oversold owing to the end of the US Thanksgiving holiday...
Old Dec 9, 2015, 10:49 am

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
A friend was offered GOT-CDG at OLCI for 62 USD.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: FB Plat & DL KM, Le Club Plat, GHA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by bennos
My sister was offered J -> P for US$2100 (~€2000) at OLCI (CDG-JFK). She declined, as she was already in J, dismissing my counterarguments that (1) she was on an old configuration J (we flew over in BEST, which is fantastic), (2) she had a 7 hour layover in Paris, and (3) it was a substantial savings off the $10k list price (even accounting for the original J fare). Something about using the money to pay off her debt instead

It looks like today's flights are fully booked and/or oversold owing to the end of the US Thanksgiving holiday...
As a counter-counterargument you should have told your sister that if debt is her priority, then flying Y would be a better option
Old Dec 24, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I just checked in online for my JFK-CDG flight tonight and was offered an upgrade from W to J for 229 euros. It's not a bad deal, but I'd rather spend that money in Paris and unlike most people, I don't hate the W seat.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 2:09 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
2 data points here.

First off...traveling on a $600 MR 4-day trip to Greece. Delta 006 ticket, V fare (pretty much the lowest of the low).

Coming home today I asked about upgrading ATH-CDG; they wanted €169.

Apparently Y was oversold. I got a free UG to W on the CDG-LAX flight.

I just landed in CDG and asked about upgrading to J.

I think I got the deal of the century when it comes to AF's lack of affordable upgrades. LoL.

$470 to upgrade CDG-LAX! I didn't have to think twice.

Not my first time in J....but it is my first time in AF's J (yes, I have had a sloped seat one time on a KL AMS-JNB flight; all the other times have even lie-flats on AM, DL, KL)

I'm stoked at the price considering how little I paid for the actual ticket!!!!
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: DL DM
I am flying a DL coded, AF flight in W from YYZ-CDG-DXB in W. Has anyone had an experience of a DL-coded AF flight being offered an upgrade?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by bubbashow
I am flying a DL coded, AF flight in W from YYZ-CDG-DXB in W. Has anyone had an experience of a DL-coded AF flight being offered an upgrade?
if you have the AF PNR, you can look up the flight on AF website and within 7 days i would bet that it would offer you an upgrade if available.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
if you have the AF PNR, you can look up the flight on AF website and within 7 days i would bet that it would offer you an upgrade if available.
Thank you! It is strange because a friend is booked directly through AF and he is offered upgraded meals, etc. through the AF website. When I looked up my itin, it just says "dinner". Again, many thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 10:32 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Thank you! It is strange because a friend is booked directly through AF and he is offered upgraded meals, etc. through the AF website. When I looked up my itin, it just says "dinner". Again, many thanks.
I believe the option to purchase upgraded meals is only for tickets booked through AF, not through DL.

I fly AF a few times a year, always booked via DL.com and have often received offers to buy up from W to J at check-in, as recently as a few weeks ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.